❄ Gerard x Reader - Son of a Nutcracker!

Sitting in my apartment, I was reading some overly-sappy love novel when I heard a loud 'bang' from upstairs, followed by a noisy clatter. "Aaawww... SON OF A-A-A NUTCRACKER!" I overheard my upstairs neighbor scream. I giggled to myself at the reaction, but decided to go against my shy nature and see what the problem was. 

I rode the elevator to the floor above me and knocked on his door. I did not know him well but knew that his name was Gerard, he was very handsome, he lived alone, he was extremely cute, and that he sometimes sang to himself. Oh, and did I mention he was absolutely adorable? 

I walked over to his door and knocked. "H-hey," I stuttered, talking through the door. "I heard a loud noise and I just wanted to make sure you were... well, okay? It... it sounded pretty bad-"

Suddenly, the door flung open. My neighbor, Gerard, was standing in the doorway, obviously disheveled. "Ah, yes... hello. I uh... dropped a... well my um... the frozen turkey..." he rambled on, scratching the back of his neck. "Apparently frozen ten-pound turkeys make a loud bang when you drop them on the floor," he concluded quickly.  

I couldn't help but to stifle a giggle. "Do you need help? I know how to cook, and I can lend you a hand if you need it." 

"Really?!" he asked, obviously relieved. "I-I would love that! Thank you, come in!" 

I walked inside of his apartment and set my shoes by the door. I followed him to the kitchen, and we began. We talked as we cooked, speaking of random things that came up naturally. We did this for a while until he looked up at the clock. "Ah, would you mind if I went in and changed, I have family coming soon, and I need-"

"Take your time,'' I answered, cutting him off. 

I was left out in the kitchen, thinking about today's events. Thank God Gerard dropped that turkey on the ground or I would not be here, cooking dinner with this perfect, delightful, charming..."

My thoughts were cut off as a timer went off. I took the mashed potatoes out of the mixer and placed them into a bowl.  I pulled the turkey out of the oven and set it on the counter. Although helping him had been a lot of work, it was worth it to spend time with him. But now, it was over. "Maybe I can help set the table... or I could-"  However, my scheming to stay later was cut off by Gerard re-entering the kitchen. "Oh, perfect! The turkey is done!"

I nodded, smiling slightly looking him up and down. He looked marvelous. "You look really good," I said motioning to his clothes. 

"Thanks! It's just a simple gathering..." he trailed off. "I-I was wondering, though," he continued, becoming more hesitant. "because you helped so much...if you would like to stay? You know, see the so-called 'fruits of your labor'?" he let out a dry laugh.

My heart nearly stopped beating. I couldn't believe he had asked me to stay! "I would love to!" I replied, a bit too loudly. He laughed; Nevertheless, I blushed a bit. 

"I'm very glad your so enthusiastic about stating. I guess some good did come out of dropping a frozen turkey on the floor, hmm?" 

Comment

Vote

W.C: 564 Words