Episode 8

Cygny

Pumuwesto na kami ni Mariethez sa kabilang dulo ng lamesa. I am now holding the ping pong ball. I don't freaking know what to expect. I am too occupied by my thoughts of Gonzalo getting pissed at me after this.

"May bago palang chic? What's your name?" A guy from the other side of the table asked me.

He has this raspy voice and strong Australian accent. It suits his looks. He looked hot on his black tank top that made the tattoos on his sturdy right bicep to show off. But I don't really like it. I will always choose someone who looked neat just like Gonzalo than him. He is nothing compared to my Gonzalo.

"I'm Cygny." I shyly answer.

"Nice meeting you, Cygny. I'm Miguel." He smiled at me. It's half grin and half smirk and it's kind of weird.

"Be ready with the consequences. I know, you two will lose." He playfully laughed and the man beside him joined him.

"Well, we'll see." I challenge him while laughing awkwardly.

He bit his lip and that made me look away. "I will expect a kiss from you if you lose."

What the hell? A kiss? Geez, Gonzalo will really kill me. I should leave this damn game now!

But before I even mumble that I'm backing out, Mariethez started the game without even informing me. My jaw almost drop to the floor. There is no turning back now. My subconcsious told me while she's trying to hide inside her cabinet.

I'm really doomed.

The thoughts of Gonzalo creasing his forehead towards me is making me anxious. Well, what's done is done. I should just do my best to win this damn game.

Luckily, Mariethez shooted the ping pong ball to one of the red cups. And with that, my subconscious heaved the most relieved sigh in her entire life.

Wait, it is because of luck? I doubt it, maybe, she played this game ton of times already. I don't know and I don't find her logic for dragging a noob like me in this. It's like going into a losing battle.

As I eye the cups of our opponents, I began to wince because we still have about maximum of ten cups to elude. Ngayon, nangangamba akong baka hindi ko matulungan si Mariethez para maipanalo ito.

Ang sumunod namang bumato ng ping pong ball ay ang kasama ni Miguel na katulad niya ay puno din ng tattoo. Mukha siyang adik. Hindi ako judgemental pero parang ganoon na nga.

To my surprise, na-ishoot niya ang bola sa isang red cup. Napalunok ako ng laway.

"You first?" Mariethez asked me, pertaining on who will drink the beer first.

"Nope, you first." I told her with a disgusting look at the red cup.

And with just that, she grabbed ahold of the red cup and drank the beer straightly. There is no grimace in her face. I'm curious why the hell did she managed that? If I were her, I would have puke right away.

It's my turn now to shoot. I took a deep breath before I throw the damn ping pong ball and for God's sakes, it didn't hit any of the cups at all. Our foes laugh and I scowl at them. Miguel smirked at me for the nth time as if he's expecting it.

When it's Miguel turn, he, unfortunately, shooted the ping pong ball into one of our cups, leaving me with pale face because it is now my turn to drink.

I look around and I'm relieved to not see Gonzalo. One drink won't hurt, maybe I should back out after this.

Mariethez handed me the cup. I grab it with full of hesitations on my face. I really want to back out.