Episode 20

Cygny

"Good afternoon po, Tita!" Harrie cheerfully greeted Mom.

"Good afternoon, hijo." Mom said as she wrapped her arms on Harrie's waist.

I roll my eyes secretly. Kahit minsan, hindi siya naging ganiyan sa akin. Para ngang mas anak niya pa si Harrie kaysa sa akin, eh. I'm pathetic. Yes.

My subconscious is laughing at me and I want to smack her head. Of all the subconscious that a story could have, why the hell did I got the most obnoxious one?

When I turn my gaze onto the sweet and almost son and mother view of my mother and Harrie, it took me tons of temper to not throw a fit on my mother. She is full of pretensions. I'm aware that she only loves Harrie because of the bright future I might have with him and also, because of the money that his family has.

Harrie is a bright student, he is brighter than me. He is planning to become a Doctor. He is handsome and all, he has everything that a girl would fantasize to their ideal guy, his personality is pleasing but I just don't feel anything whenever I'm with him. He is just like a bestfriend for me. But, he is nice to me and I don't consider turning down the idea of me marrying him in the future.

As I roll my eyes once more, I am now walking upstairs. I enter my room. I sit on the edge of my bed with a frown on my face. I heave a sigh, I am now feeling empty again.

Ngayon, hindi ko pa rin kayang paniwalaan na lahat ng pinakita at pinaramdam sa akin ni Gonzalo ay hindi totoo. Nakakalungkot isipin na all this time pala, para akong isang laruan na pinaglaruan niya. Pero bakit pa nga ba ako magugulat? Sarili ko ngang nanay, tinatrato akong isang bagay at hindi bilang anak, ibang tao pa kaya?

Bumuntong hininga ako at saka humiga sa kama. Napatulala na lang ako sa kisame habang inaalala ang mga nangyari kaninang umaga.

Pasado alas-singko na ng umaga noong magising ako sa kama ni... Hue? Hue yata ang pangalan ng lalaking 'yon. It's an odd name. I shake my head mentally. He is kind, though and Harrie likes him. I hope, I won't regret approving the friendship that he offered.

So, yeah. Pasado alas singko na ng umaga ako nagising sa kama niya and the hell, I am resting my head on his bare chest. I almost squeal that time and I'm glad that I didn't woke him up. That was the moment I told myself that I'm never going to drink sex drug again. I'm not really that wild and I really regret having a one night stand with that stranger. Although, he's cute and all but I just don't want to entertain anymore things that will include sex.

Before I leave his house, I leave a note on his phone's notepad as a way of... thanking him for making love with me? I know, it's odd but I just don't know what to do so I sticked with my nature which is being nice and all.

The moment I leave his house, I promise myself that I won't ever see him again. Gusto kong iyon na ang huling pagkakataon na makikita ko siya dahil gusto ko nang burahin lahat ng ala-ala ko noong gabing iyon. I told myself that in order for me to move on, I have to fully delete all of the memories I have on that damn subdivision of the prick whose name's Gonzalo.

Actually, I was glad that the sting I have on my chest is not that painful than I expected. I'm more of angry than in deep pain. The anger overpowers the pain I have within my heart. Na-curious tuloy ako kung minahal ko ba talaga si Gonzalo o sadyang na-infatuate lang ako dahil gwapo siya? I don't know.