Episode 60

Hue

"Be ready, we are landing in ten, nine, eight," said by the private pilot that Dad hired to maneuver his helicopter on our way to the airport. Sa airport na iyon nag-aabang ang eroplanong nirentahan ni Dad para sa aming dalawa ni Novy.

I cup Novy's cheeks and make her face me. "Babe, remember the three Nos that I to told you when we are vandalizing Gonzalo's house?"

She frantically shook her head. She looked like she's about to freak out anytime.

"No turning back. No hesitation. No question. Just fucking run." I run my fingers under her hair. "Remember?"

Mukhang naalala na niya iyon noong tumango siya. "Bakit?"

"Promise me you'd do that again after we jump off of this damn helicopter." I press my forehead against her. "Can you promise me that?"

This is what Dad told me earlier, may nag-aabang na mga tao sa landing area. They are in black suit and tie. They have guns. Their number is about twenty to thirty. Albeit Dad is not sure if they are Cornelia's men, sinabi niya sa akin na mabuti nang mag-sigurado. Dapat daw ay bilisan na lang namin ang pagtakbo sa eroplano para masigurong makakarating kami sa California bukas. May mga koneksyon na daw siyang sinabihan na mag-aalalay sa amin sa landing area kaya't ang kailangan na lang naming gawin ay ang hindi magpahuli doon sa mga armadong lalaking hindi namin sigurado kung kami talaga ang hinihintay.

We are playing with our luck now. I hope that the odds turned the favor on us. Sana, hindi kami ang hinihintay ng mga armadong lalaki na iyon.

"Yes, I promise." Bakas sa mukha ni Novy ang kaba. Natatakot akong baka kaya siya kinabakahan ay dahil nahalata niyang kinakabahan ako.

"Five, four,"

"Be ready, babe." I squeezed her hand and pointed my forefinger towards an airplane with an open door. "We will run to that airplane as fastly as we can."

"Three,"

Huminga ako nang malalim.

"Two,"

Shit.

"One."

I quickly jump off of the helicopter. Inalalayan ko si Novy na bumaba at saka kami tumakbo nang mabilis patungo sa eroplano.

I can't believe it when all of the men in black on the other side of the landing area started to run towards us. They are running as if we are a notorious criminal that they need to arrest. It's like a scene in Train To Busan, they are the zombies and Novy and I are the protagonists.

That was the moment I knew, they are here for us. They will halt us from travelling abroad. Tangina. Cornelia Entrata will always give a good fight.

Mas lalo ko pang binilisan ang pagtakbo habang hinihila ang kamay ni Novy. 

This is my only chance.

This is my one and only card to make my happy ending with Novy a reality.

I have to do this as accurate and successful as possible.