Episode 29

Cygny

It was nine thirty in the evening when Hue showed up to the transparent door of my balcony. He is smiling with his teeth while flashing two boxes of pizza that we agreed on earlier this evening.

"Seriously? Does the scope of your color scheme only revolves around black, white and gray?" I scrunch my nose while staring at his white t-shirt. I am lying with my tummy facing the bed. 

I am just curious. Magmula kasi nang makilala ko siya ay puro ganoong kulay na lang ng shirts ang isinusuot niya. Well, except his blue school uniform.

"Don't start with that," he pointed a finger on me. "if you don't want me to talk about your pink room." Scrunching his nose, he looked around my room with a disgusting look and then on me. "If I were you, I will stop now." He concluded silently as he walked towards me.

"Hey, I am talking about your clothes. Don't you dare drag my cute room on our argument." I pout. "Hindi lahat ng damit ko ay kulay pink. Unlike you, I, atleast, have complete sets of ROYGBIV pastel shirts." I smiled obnoxiously.

"Don't push me or I will insult your pink bunny slippers." He sat on the edge of my bed. I swat his arms and he just laughed.

"So what are we going to watch tonight?" He told me after a moment.

I roll my eyes at him. "Allow me to revise. You should've asked 'What am I going to watch?'" Pinaningkitan ko siya ng mata. "Because basically, you are just watching me watch the movie. Your eyes are practically focused on my face and not on the screen of my freaking laptop."

He shrugged. "It's fun watching you." He equalled my heavy emphasis with the word 'I'.

I scrunched my nose once more. I look at him as if he's an alien. "You know what? You are really weird."

He stood up and showed me my pink bunny slippers with a smirk. "And so are you."

I giggle. "True."

This, as per him, Netflix and Chill routine, started the night after he learned to break into my room. By the way, hindi ko alam kung bakit ngumingiti siya nang nakakaloko kapag sinasabi ang Netflix and Chill.

He is really weird sometimes or should I say most of the time? I don't know.

Well, we are doing this routine for about four nights now.

Last Tuesday, we watched my most favorite movie of all time. A Walk To Remember. I've been watching that movie since I can remember.

That night ended with me crying hard. That movie is just a classic one. Kahit na ilang beses ko na itong napanood ay napapaiyak pa rin talaga ako.

I am always and will forever be emotional everytime I think of Jamie and Landon's love story. Their story is flawlessly motivational. It taught me that everyone deserves a second chance. Just like Landon, he is a delinquent. People saw him as a person with no good future. But because he collided with Jamie, his world turned around and she became his wake up call to be better. And he delivered, and it's because of Jamie.

Jamie is his savior. She is his rainbow after the rain. She is his second chance. And she is his miracle.

That night, Hue stared at me with his disgusted look and I slap his chest while laughing and crying at the same time. He told me that Jamie reminds him of Harrie because of the cardigan thing. On that moment, I was shocked when I realized that he actually doesn't like Harrie.