Episode 10

Cygny

It's Monday morning and I'm walking towards the gate of our subdivision. Hindi ko mapigilan ang mapangiti habang naglalakad. Sariwa pa rin sa utak ko ang mga nangyari dalawang araw na ang nakalipas. Everything is still fresh to my mind and... between my thighs. Masakit pa rin kasi ang aking pagkababae. Mabuti na nga lang at nakakalakad na ako nang ayos ngayon.

From our intimate moment last Saturday, hindi pa rin ako tinatawagan o tinetext ni Gonzalo. I just tried hard not to be a bitch about it. Baka busy lang talaga siya, malapit na kasi ang Graduation naming mga Grade 10.

Nang makalagpas na ako sa gate ay hinanap ko agad ang kanyang kotse pero wala ito dito. I tried hard to hide the disappoinment on my face. But on cue, I managed to smile genuinely. Maybe, he is just late or something. I know, he won't stood me up.

Before my opinionated subconscious found her way to ruin my mood, I quickly dragged her towards her closet. I locked her there. I have no time to deal with her negative thoughts now.

Six thirty o'clock pa lang naman ng umaga kaya't may kalahating oras pa ako para maghintay. I know, darating siya.

Nagsimula na akong umupo sa waiting shed na nakapuwesto sa gilid ng gate. Nilibang ko ang sarili ko sa mga sasakyan na dumadaan sa aking harapan.

***

Thirty minutes.

I spent my thirty minutes waiting for him.

It was six fourty o'clock when Razel passed by our subdivision. Huminto ang kotse nila sa aking harapan. Her Mom offered me a ride but I turned it down. I just reasoned out that I'm meeting someone. By the suspicious look of my bestfriend at me, it seems like she wanted me to talk about this meeting of mine with someone. I just discreetly scowl at her with my fakest smile that will make her feel that I want her and her kind Mom to just leave me alone. Thankfully, she managed to get what I want her to feel, she rolled her eyes at me as she helped me force her Mom to just leave me here.

It was six fifty o'clock when I began to franctically heave a sigh. I began to panic and overthink. What if he stood me up? What if he is just not feeling well that is why he decided to take a leave? But, why doesn't he told me? What if he got into some sort of accident? What if he is dead? That was the time when I grabbed my iPhone. I sent him my message. But, my chest began to cave in suddenly when I see the word 'seen' below my text message. Naghintay ako ng tatlong minuto para sa reply niya pero wala akong natanggap. I forced myself to calm down. I know, he has his reason and I'm confident that he will suddenly reply and show up.

But, I was wrong. It's already seven o'clock now and he didn't even showed up nor replied to my text message. I began to frown as the pain began to grow on my chest.

I waited for him for half an hour only to be stood up. Great, Gonzalo. If you are up to hurting my feelings, you are winning.

As I sigh, the bile rises from my throat. I wanted to cry but will crying and pitying myself worth my time?

I should just head now. There's no definite reason for me to wait for someone who will never show up. This is freaking bullshit. Gonzalo has to explain everything to me or else... I don't really know. I crease my forehead as I ride the tricyle and instruct the driver to bring me to our school.