Episode 21

Cygny

Last night was fun. Halos eleven o'clock na ng gabi ako nakatulog habang ka-chat si Hue. In fairness, I am easily fond of him. He is crazy and funny at the same time and his positive personality is contagious.

He also taught me ton of things that can be done using the Messenger app. Kagabi ko lang nalaman na puwede palang mag-video chat at tumawag sa app na iyon at pati na rin ang mag-send ng voice message. Ngayon ko lang talaga narealize kung bakit gustong gusto itong gamitin ng mga kabataang kagaya ko. Nakakatuwa nga naman ang makipag-usap sa iba't ibang paraan na mayroon ang app na iyon.

Actually, last night was one of the few moments where I feel like I am a normal teenager with no responsibilities and academic pressure to lift. I was carefree and having a lot of fun with Hue and I am really looking forward with talking with him again... maybe tonight? I don't know.

Kagabi din, marami kaming napagkwentuhan habang nagvivideo-chat kami pero he refused to tell me about his personal problems and as much as my nosy personality kept on succumbing my system, I just chose to respect his decision. May mga problema talagang hindi na dapat ipinagsasabi sa iba kaya't naiintindihan ko siya.

With that, I just found myself opening my problems with him. I told him almost everything. From how my mother treated me as a child to when my father left us and up to what happened yesterday morning sans my relationship with Gonzalo and what he and his evil friends did to me. I am on my amnesia agenda towards them and thinking what they did to me will not help me forget the worst night I had with them.

I was moved by Hue's reaction because he didn't judged my parents. The last thing I want him to do is to judge my parents. Kasi ako, hindi ko jina-judge ang mga magulang ko kasi alam kong may rason sila sa kung bakit nila nagawa iyon. I know, they still love me. Maybe, it just happened that their way of showing love is not the way I want it. But atleast, I know that they love me and that's what matters the most.

I was really glad that I opened all of my problems to Hue. Seriously, his words are flawlessly motivating. He told me that everything happens for a reason and that all I have to do now is to keep on believing that everything will fall into its right places soon. He also told me that my parents love me and I should just adjust to their way of showing love.

By his words, the heavy weight that my heart is lifting for years have suprisingly become light as a feather. And that was the moment I was convinced that I have found a new friend. Hue is added to my imaginary and glittery short list of my friends before I drift off to sleep.

***

The day went by like a blur. Suprisingly, I never think of Gonzalo throughout the school period. I was sort of glad that I am not as heartbroken as I expected I'll be. Ngayon ko tuloy pinag-iisapan kung totoo nga bang minahal ko siya? O ito ba 'yung tinatawag nilang Puppy Love?

Whatever it is, what matters the most is that I'm starting to get over him without even trying.

Ngayon ay nandito ako sa CSG Office, abala kami ng ng officers ko sa pagkumpleto ng mga wavers for retreat ng Senior Year like me. Ito na rin ang huling task ko as the CSG President. And I am glad dahil hindi ko na kailangan pang kitain si Gonzalo after this day.

"Oh, sinong magdadala nitong mga papers sa Principal's Office?" I ask them because I certainly won't bring these papers to Gonzalo. If I am the old naive Cygny, I would've storm out of this office right away but I've know better now.

Walang sumasagot sa kanila.

Nagkukunwaring naiirita kong inulit ang tanong ko. I place my hands on my hips dramatically to add an intimidating effect. I always want to intimidate them with my forced strict demeanor but I always end up looking awkward but I am still trying.