Episode 51

Hue

I rest my back on the back rest. Heaving a sigh, I am preparing myself to spill all the things that I want her to know. All the things that will elude the chaos of pain that she has been experiencing for the last ten years.

I turn my gaze at her. Staring right infront of her eyes, I pursed my lips into a thin line.

Bumuga ako ng hangin. Tangina, paano ko ba 'to sisimulan? Hindi naman ako sanay nang seryosohan, eh.

Back out na lang kaya ako?

Siyempre, hindi ko iyon gagawin. Edi hindi ako naka-move on kapag ganoon.

"Naaalala mo 'yung araw na dinala kita sa Alabang? 'Yung araw na sumakay tayo sa helicopter?"

She blinked, confusion flashes her eyes. "Yes, that was real fun. Bakit ko iyon makakalimutan?"

I turn my gaze away from her eyes. "That helicopter is mine. And so as the Entrata Building."

Napaawang ang kanyang bibig. Blinking, she said, "Are you actually... serious?"

I nod. "I am Sullyvan Huego Entrata Barameda. I am the one and only heir of Entrata Company. It was because of fucking tradition. I was chosen because I am the first child of the first child of my grand parents."

She gasped and covered her wide open mouth. "You are the secret heir of the number one Estate Company of the Philippines?" Her eyes widened. "Usap-usapan ka sa Corporate World, ah? Lahat ng matataas sa Law Firm na pinagtatrabuhan ko dati, ikaw ang bukang bibig. Hinuhulaan nila kung sino ka." Shaking her head in disbelief, she concluded, "What the... fudge?"

Napapailing pa rin siyang tumingin sa daan. "Gosh, I didn't know that you are that rich. Akala ko, mas mayaman sina Harrie sa inyo." Bigla siyang tumawa nang malakas at hinampas ako sa aking braso. "Akala ko nga din that time, druglords ang parents mo kaya parang ang yaman niyo."

I put my hand above my heart and pretended as if wounded. "Aray." I playfully wince. "Mukha ba akong adik?"

Tumawa pa siya nang mas malakas. "Oo, mukha kang natokhang."

Sumimangot na lang ako. Tangina, bakit naging pasmado na ang bibig nito?

"Teka nga, akala ko ba mag-eexplain ka? Bakit nag-share ka?" She examined my face.

"Introduction pa lang kasi iyon. If you will let me finish, maybe hindi ka mabibitin, 'di ba?"

"Oh, okay." She acted as if zipping her mouth. She imaginary locked it and gave me the imaginary key. I am laughing when I act as if throwing it outside the car.

"Kaakibat ng pagiging tagapagmana ko ang mga limitasyon na dapat kong gawin. Katulad na lang ng pili lang ang dapat kong kausapin at kaibiganin. I should only socialize with the elites. I am limited to revolved my world around them because as per Grandma, connections with them is a must." Tumingala ako. "And most fucking especially, I am prohibited to be in a relationship with someone who is not an elite."

"That was the reason why I decided to go with Mum. Why I decided to live with them in California. It was not for my future or the shits you are telling me back then just to lighten up the mood, it was for you. Everything I did was for your sake."

Confusion is flashed to her beautiful face when I heave a deep sigh. "Kapag nalaman ni Grandma na may karelasyon ako, mapapahamak ka. Grandma is ruthless. If there is a need to kill someone, she will do it with no remorse. She's a demon."