Episode 34

Cygny

He continued maneuvering the car toward my subdivision. The weather is still gloomy and the cold slight blow of the wind is evident that the rain will come again sooner or later.

I focused my eyes to road and I blink when the palm of Hue lands on my thigh. He gently squeezed it and I smile.

As I continue to focus my eyes to the road, ignoring the distraction that he is giving me, I saw a familiar face. It's Marco. The incoming President of the Glee Club. He's my Vice President this year. Siya ang pumalit sa akin.

"Hey, stop the car." I said with a wide smile.

"Why?" He said without looking at me.

"I want to talk to a friend," I point my forefinger towards Marco's direction. "There, that's him."

His jaw clenched and I raise an eyebrow at him. A few moments of intimidating-each-other-battle, he finally gave up and stop the car right infront of Marco who is, I assume, waiting for a jeepney or something.

"Hey, Marco! Kamusta?" I said cheerfully through the window.

He looked at me with an awkward smile. He seemed, shy? Oh, and his cheeks are flushing. If I haven't known him, I would've think that he's a creep. Nasanay na akong ganito siya dahil for some reasons, lagi siyang namumula kapag kausap ako.

"Do... doing good. We are actually about to meet at Grace's house," Grace's house is the best place ever. Lagi kaming nagpapractice doon dahil para doong may fiesta ng pagkain araw-araw. "We are currently working for the new songs for the music competition next year."

"Great! I will try to hang out with y'all soon after Graduation. I want to finally say my farewell speech as your outgoing President." I smile at him and his cheeks flush more. Such a cutie.

A few moments of silence which is ton moments of awkwardness for Marco and a fuming moment for the glaring eyes of Hue, I finally said good bye to Marco.

"What is your problem?" I creased my forehead at him while he is navigating the car.

"You are flirting with him and I don't like it." He rolled his eyes and my jaw hits the floor.

"What?" I said with my mouth still parched.

"You are flirting with that kid!" Woah, he is yelling.

"Seriously? You really want us to go down that road?" I try hard not to smile because I find this jelous side of him cute.

I heard a tsk-sound from him and he didn't speak after our short fight. But after a few minutes, he landed his palm on my thigh again. I smile as I face the opposite direction of his face.

"I am sorry for yelling. I just can't," he sighed, "I just can't hold my temper. You are mine. Ayokong nakikipag-usap ka nang ganoon sa ibang lalaki." He sighed once more. "I am just being territorial. No guy should have the privilege to be the recieving end of that worth a million smile of yours. It should only be me. Only me."

I creased my forehead. "I am telling you, I am not flirting him. Ganoon talaga ako makipag-usap sa kahit na sino mang tao."