Episode 14

Cygny

I blink after hearing Phenelope's words. I am now trapped in a trance while staring back and forth between Gonzalo and Phenelope. I am assesing the moment but I am too confused to process all of the things that I just heard.

"What?" My mouth falls open. I am completely astounded.

"Cygny, don't listen to her, please." Gonzalo plead as he tried to hold my wrist but I quickly jerk his hand away from me.

Phenelope laughed. "You thought his feelings were real, don't you? Well, news flash! It was just a part of our truth or dare game."

I stumble backwards but I managed to keep my balance. "I... I'm confused. What do you mean?"

Phenelope walked towards me, she pats my head like a puppy-- an innocent puppy that she is about to destroy. She guffawed like an evil witch before she spoke again. "We played truth or dare a few months ago. Gonzalo chose dare and because we are all fucked ups, we level it up. Pinahirapan namin siya."

Mariethez walked towards us and just like me, she is confused. But, her facial expression began to change when she finally listened to what Phenelope are saying. She's now staring at me as if she's embarassed and sorry.

"We dared him to pursue a student who is still a virgin. At hindi pa iyon natatapos doon, kailangan niyang kunin ang virginity ng student na mapipili niya." Phenelope continued and the excitement is evident to her voice.

My chest began to stung. Biglang nanghina ang tuhod ko at para bang ayoko nang marinig pa ang mga susunod na sasabihin niya.

Gusto ko nang tumakbo, gusto ko nang takbuhan ang katotohanang ayokong malaman pero wala akong magawa. Para bang napako na ang aking mga paa sa sahig. Para bang wala na akong magawa kundi ang patuloy lang na makinig sa masakit na mga salitang sasampal sa akin.

"Well, obviously, Gonzalo won the dare when you let him fuck you last Saturday. I really had a good laugh while staring at your blood on his bed sheet." She covered her mouth while laughing loudly. She is mocking me and I'm about to cry.

"And one more thing, Gonzalo should thank you because he also won a house and lot because he accomplished the dare. Guess what? Ang house and lot na iyon ay ang bahay kung saan niya kinuha ang virginity mo. Yes! Ito 'yon." Phenelope exclaimed while pointing her forefingers to the floor like a freak lunatic.

I slowly turn my head towards Gonzalo who is now staring at me with his bloodshot eyes. He is about to hold my wrist but I walk backwards, away from him.

I turn my gaze towards Miguel and Mariethez, they are both staring at me with pain on their eyes. Mariethez mouthed the words "Sorry." but I can't hear anything. I was too shocked to function any parts of my body at the moment.

The burning feeling within my heart began to fuel more as I prevent myself from crying. They knew... Mariethez and Miguel knew about this and they don't even bother to tell me. What the hell am I thinking? I barely know them and for sure, they are enjoying the game they put me through.

Without thinking, I found myself running away from them. I quickly run outside and the pouring rain didn't halt me. I have to walk away from that damn house. I have to stay away from the people on that evil house. I have to save myself because they will only torture my soul.