Chapter 2/Edited

"Cassie where are you?!", Zach called. She wanted to mess with her brother as they played in the woods and she had found the perfect opportunity. She shifted into her wolf and hid behind some bushes, she kept stalking him as he wandered around trying to find her.

Cassie decided to scent a tree by rubbing her fur against it to try and trick the young wolf and her plan was working, he shifted into his little wolf too and began sniffing around for her. Zach had fallen right into her trap making her chuckle quietly.

"The idiot always falls for it", Tala told her. He began to search next to her marked tree when she pounced on him from behind tackling him to the ground, he growled from being startled and they began to play wrestle with each other. "You're such an asshole, Cass!" He said through the mind link making her laugh again at his stupidity. He would always fall for the trap...

~

Opening her eyes slightly she couldn't really see anything but shapes. It was quiet still and night hadn't passed yet. Cassie had woken to find the pissed off black wolf gone but bleeding profusely from her back and shoulders.

She couldn't move so she just laid there, debating whether she wanted to live and avenge her family or die and be with them. She hoped Zach had made it out but knew due to his absence throughout the night it was unlikely.

The thought of her brother and parents brought tears to her eyes but she fought them back, if the wolf came back she didn't want to seem weak. Cassie tried to think of a plan but she knew it would be a long while for her body to heal without help - if that.

She was badly injured and it would take a miracle for her to survive the wounds let alone the healing process. Letting her eyes close she drifted into another deep sleep.

~

.... "She's badly wounded but I can feel a pulse".... What the hell is going on?.... "We need to take her back to the Alpha, he can decide what to do with him"... Listen here asshole-... "Adam she's a female you fucking donkey".... Well, at least someone has some brain cells around here...

~

The people around her gasped and backed away when she opened her eyes and moved her head, she hazily looked around to see a group of shirtless men looking shocked at her. Cassie sniffed the air but found no trace of her mate; mates can find each other by scent in close proximity but she could smell nothing close to something like a mate pull.

A muscly black guy stepped forward, he had no hair but had eyes the colour of autumn leaves. "I'm not here to hurt you but we have to take you to our pack doctor, you're very badly injured", she recognised the voice as the one with the brain cells but he went to pick her up making her snap at his calloused hands causing him to jump back.

Some of the men let out a short laugh but one guy stepped forward, he was slightly tanned with cropped black hair and striking blue eyes, "I like her", was all he said but she knew him as the "fucking donkey" which seemed to suffice.

"Excuse me miss ferocious warrior princess but we need to take you back as you're very badly hurt and we would be in deep shit if we left an injured wolf here to die so do us a solid and please let dick face Orion here pick you up?", his comments caused many eye rolls but she only groaned in response making the "donkey" smile, "I think that's a yes".

Orion gently put his hands underneath her stomach making her roll slightly into him as she was on her side before they all funnelled out of her house. She didn't mind being carried until he brushed his hand on a deep cut, Cassie let out a deep growl as a warning.