Chapter 21

"Leo I never knew you were such a dork!", Cassie exclaims making another round of laughter erupt from the car. Adam has just explained Leo wore glasses as a child and used to sit in the library reading most days.
"Hey, books increase intelligence and that makes a strong leader. Who here has the highest rank?", he says proudly. They all rolled their eyes as he was technically right, Emily could be Alpha now but there wasn't a pack for her to be in charge of plus her parents might still be alive so she might not be worthy of the title yet.
"What would you two like to do for the rest of the night?", Adam asked swiftly changing the topic making Leo laugh at his minor victory.
Emily tutted and shrugged, "I don't know maybe watch some films or something, eat more food?".
Leo frowned, "We literally just ate".
"Your point is what exactly?", She retaliated making the occupants of the car laugh again, they were pretty sure they could be heard in fucking West Virgina at this point.
After they calmed down, Leo saw Cassie in deep thought in the mirror, "What you thinking about?", he asked curiously.
"Can we go for a walk with Tala and Asher?", she asks quietly making Asher jump for joy in Leo's head.
"Finally! I thought Tala was still hating on me", Asher said relieved making Leo smile.
"Asher would love that", he replies as he pulls the car up to the pack house. Emily hops out the car not even acknowledging Adam's existence yet again making his face become crestfallen. Cassie was going to have a serious talk with that woman, it was unfair on Adam and she could see she was hurting him. Cassie turned to Leo with a huff making him frown, "She needs to stop being a bitch", he grumbled pulling Cassie towards him so he could relax again. They both needed it really it's just Cassie could hold her temper, though she didn't like his language.... she agreed with him.
"I don't think I've actually seen your wolf before", Cassie comments excited.
Leo smiles warmly, "He's been waiting to meet Tala for weeks. I know we haven't.... mated yet but we don't need to be able to talk to you through pack link. I'm sure you'd get what I would be saying", he says chucking mysteriously making her raise her eyebrows.
"I haven't seen your wolf since you arrived but back then I couldn't really see much under the blood and grime. I can't wait to see you", he said excitedly walking deeper into the forest holding her hand gently.
They stopped at a small clearing before he turned to take off his shirt, he continued to strip but Cassie turned away burning with embarrassment and lust. She didn't want to lose control right now, this was supposed to be a simple walk not a shag in the woods. She heard him shifting so she went to a tree and did the same behind there. When she emerged Asher was looking deep into Tala's eyes with clear love and adoration, Asher was a dark chocolate wolf with white flecks over his face like snow dotted in pretty patterns. She slowly moved forward so he could see her clearly from the foliage, he finally saw her with grey fur rather than a bloody mess although noticed she had a brown stripe running down her spine. He smirked as he stalked towards his stunning mate, not wanting to back off afraid Tala stood her ground even though her stomach was knitted with anxiety. Although she wasn't actively looking for it Cassie still wanted Asher and Leo's approval of Tala, he came face to face with Tala and sniffed deeply so he was enveloped in her scent before licking her nose making her jump in surprise. Asher made a noise that must've been similar to what a laugh would have been, he turned quickly before dashing into the forest, she followed him eagerly as they felt the freedom running through their bodies.

~

They raced through the trees feeling the breeze slip through their furs, they howled and growled playfully when they tussled and wrestled enjoying the wildness of their wolves. Taking a breath Tala nestled on the ground in between the blooming flowers putting her head between her paws so she could relax for a moment after all the excitement, she felt Asher's presence behind her but he wasn't moving which made her feel a bit uncomfortable. Tala moved slightly so she could see him behind her, he was crouched low stalking her as if she were his prey.
"Asher is making me feel a bit uncomfortable....", Cassie said unsure. "Don't worry, he's just being an Alpha, he won't hurt us", Tala reassured as she kept her eyes on Asher.
Asher moved towards her and growled lowly making Tala shift slightly, he quickly pounced on top of her to stop her moving making her whine as she tried to move but his big body held her down. "Tala. Tala make him stop", Cassie begged but Tala refused to move making Cassie's anxiety heighten in their mind, Cassie was the dominant body normally but right now Tala was in charge making Cassie useless in the situation.
Asher moved his muzzle up her body as he put his legs on either side of her making her shiver at the touch. As he approached her collarbone he grazed it roughly with his teeth as if he was planning to mark her, realising his intent, it was the last straw and Tala whipped her head around snapping at his face startling him getting him to lose his grip on her. Tala dashed as fast as she could through the bushes, tripping over the logs on the ground but she didn't care if she obtained cuts and scratches, she needed to get back to the pack house and quickly. She heard Asher howl deeply from behind and it emitted sadness and regret but she was too afraid to turn back and comfort him. Tala saw the house approaching and knocked the door down before sprinting up the stairs knowing she couldn't shift in front of people without any clothes, she felt humiliated enough without that happening.
"Cass? Is everything okay?", Zach called chasing her up the stairs but she shifted and shut the door before he could enter.
"I- I- I'm fine I just need to get changed I'll be a minute", She stumbled as she attempted to dress herself. When she was done she opened a door to find her stony faced brother, "What did he do?", he asked lowly taking her into the room shutting the door behind them. Zach saw tears pooling in Cassie's eyes and pulled her into a tight hug and the flood gates opened.
He didn't question he just held her tight and kissed her forehead, he heard some banging from around downstairs but he wanted to focus his attention on his sister. Her quiet sobs filled the room with sadness, he wanted to comfort her by eradicating the problem but she would kill him if he hurt her shitty mate. She pulled away wiping her tears, "Sorry I just really needed to do that", she apologised making him quiet her.
"Don't apologise for having emotions but I can't help unless you tell me what's wrong", he said calmly.
Cassie took deep breaths calming herself before she tried explaining, "We went on our date and it was completely amazing it's just afterwards we went for a stroll in the woods and it just.... didn't go to plan", she said tiredly as she fell back on the bed.
"What did he do?", Zach repeated in the same tone as before.
"He lost control and I thought he was about to mark me so I sprinted away before anything could happen. I guess I just got a bit spooked".
Zach growled angrily, "I'm sick of him losing control, what kind of Alpha can't control himself?", he questions annoyed as footsteps were heard approaching the door.
"Cassie? Please talk to me, I'm so sorry, Asher was completely out of line", Leo pleaded through the door.
Zach yanked the door open and looked at Leo with a look that yelled bloody murder, "I told you if you ever hurt my sister I'd kill you", he warned stepping forward.
Surprisingly, Leo raised his hands in surrender, "I'm sorry, Asher made a mistake and I know I scared her. I want to apologise for our mistake", he pleaded shocking Cassie slightly at his calm demeanour.
Cassie stood and shuffled slightly to the door so Leo was in view, "I would like to talk to him".
Zach growled again, "Are you serious? He is just going to keep making mistakes".
"Then that is for me to deal with, thank you for supporting me and making sure I was okay. I really appreciate it, now I would like you to leave", Cassie said making Zach chuff in surrender before he stomped off.
Leo leaned back against the door after a moment to take a breath, "I'm sorry won't cover it", he starts, "I can't believe what Asher did, he became so intoxicated with your scent and the playfulness he just couldn't resist the urge which doesn't make anything better. It's awful".
Cassie sighed and sat on the bed, "You were going to mark me, without my consent".
Leo groaned rubbing his face, "I know and I'm so sorry, I wish I could've spoke to you straight away but I couldn't".
Cassie nodded understanding that feeling straight away, "I want to take the next step with you, Zach and Emily", he said seriously moving closer to her.
She raised her eyebrows and moved away anxiously, "What do you mean?".
"I want to initiate you all into the pack".