Chapter 6

".... w-what?", Cassie stumbled. She felt Leo touch her shoulder but she shrugged him off. "Where the fuck is my brother?", she said angrily. She had already lost her parents and she couldn't lose her only family left. "He's with the pack that attacked your family, apparently they've been torturing him for information", Alpha Sam said.
"And how do you know this information exactly?", Leo said stepping forward.
Sam sighed, "They passed through the edge of our borders and took one of our warriors, after they used him for information they let him go".
"Yeah because that doesn't sound suspicious at all....", Adam quipped.
"Who was it? Who was the pack that did this to my family?", she asked angrily.
".... It was a Rogue pack", Leah said quietly.
"That makes no sense, rogues are rogues they don't belong to a pack", Orion said bewildered.
"That's what we thought too and when we found out we were as shocked as you are now".
"Who's leading them?", Leo asked annoyed.
Sam shrugged, "They keep the leader'a identity unknown so he doesn't get targeted, all we know is he is smart and is always recruiting any rogues he comes across. He is using them for revenge".
"He wants revenge? He annihilated my entire pack!", Cassie bellowed.
Leo attempted again to calm her with his touch but she was just so angry, "My family is gone, my alpha has no idea what's happened and I'm alone. He doesn't even know what revenge is", she grumbled, "Why has even kept my brother alive?".
"We have no idea, but you need to get him. Apparently they're torturing people at their main base in Idaho".
Leo sees Cassie's eyes go wide, "Torture? He's 16!", he sees her begin to panic, rightly so, "Where can we stay? We need to make a plan and I think Cassie needs some time", Leo stated.
Sam nods and asks them to follow him. They make their way to their bedrooms but Leo could feel Cassie's worry, for them to torture a 16 year old boy is a new level of cruelty. He knew he had to make sure Zach got back to Cassie, his mate would be broken if he didn't. She had already handled her parents death, the pack's deaths, she didn't need to deal with her brothers death as well. Everyone has their limit and Cassie was reaching her's.

~

It had been a few hours since the talk with Sam and Leah and it was nearly two in the morning. Leo and Sam we're still discussing with Orion and their warriors about their plan whilst Adam was "babysitting" Cassie. Cassie was sat on the bed that she was going to have to share with Leo, however that was not what was bothering her. Images of her brother being tortured and hearing his screaming plagued her mind, she kept the salty tears in but they brimmed for hours daring to spill. Adam sat silently with her allowing her to think in peace, he didn't want to upset her anymore than she was but wanted to help her. Adam's eyes glazed over so Cassie guessed he was talking through the pack's mind link. Cassie raised her eyebrow when Adam sighed deeply, "Leo says he, Orion, Justin and Charlie as well as Sam and a few of his warriors are going to attack the base tomorrow night. It's too late for them to go now without being seen but if they hit them when most of the pack are sleeping tomorrow night then it should be easier to get Zach".
"I want to talk to Leo", she said continuing to stare out the window opposite the bed.
Adam nodded and walked out the room, not a few minutes later and she heard Leo knock on the door, "You wanted to see me".
Cassie looked at him with anger, "Care to explain why I'm not going to rescue my brother? He doesn't even know any of you!".
Leo sighed, "We don't know what condition he is in, if you see how he is you might lose it and blow our cover and if we are to get out making the least amount of noise and attention we need it to go to plan".
"So you're saying I'm unpredictable?", she asked with her hands on her hips now facing him.
"Most definitely", he said with all seriousness.
"How do I know you'll get him back? What if you get attacked and just leave him behind?", she said angrily balling her hands into fists.
He went to grab her hands to relax her but she yanked her hands out and pushed him on his chest, "You don't get it Leo! He's all I have left! You have to bring him back, he doesn't deserve this!".
He forced her into a hug whilst she tried hitting his chest even more before relaxing and sniffling tears into his shoulder, "I swear to you I'll bring him back, I want to earn your trust and I'm not going to break what I'm trying to build with you".
"He's basically my twin brother, he's my everything, you have to bring him back to me, Leo".
"I will".

~

Two nights before the attack, Cassie remembered going to Zach's room to have a go at him. There had been rumours going around and she wanted to know the truth before she bottled him. "So I hear you've been screwing girls?", Cassie asks angrily as she storms into his room.
Zach turned around to look at her and smirked, "And who told you that exactly?".
"Pretty much everyone in the pack is saying you're banging the pack slut Clarisse!".
Zach burst out in fits of laughter, Cassie was getting more annoyed as his laughters continued, "What the hell is so funny Zachary?!".
He wiped his tears before walking to her, "She wanted me to sleep with her and asked me to come to her house and I said no because she wasn't my mate and OBVIOUSLY she didn't like that answer, did you really try calling me a man whore?".
"I never said you were a man", she said with a laugh causing him to frown.
"I thought you had more faith in me?", he said with a fake pout.
She pulled him into a hug and he enveloped himself around her, "Of course I have faith in you... I just also think you're an idiot that thinks with his dick". She felt him chuckle against her making her smile. They stayed hugging for a few minutes just enjoying their embrace.
"Promise me something, Cass?", he said pulling away.
She smiled, "Of course".
He frowned, "You've just turned 17.... I know you'll find your mate soon. But can you promise me that even though he will be the light of your life that you won't push me to the side? You'll always be my sister and my best friend and I don't want a mate to change that".
She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his forehead, "You'll always be the centre of my universe".

~

Cassie woke with tears falling out her eyes, she tried to calm herself but memories of her brother kept making her cry harder. She swiftly got out of bed and went to the bathroom to splash some water on her face.
"Are you okay?", Leo said from the floor, he didn't want to invade her space so he slept on the floor and gave her the bed.
"I'm fine just need the bathroom".
He knew she was upset but she still didn't trust him, he sighed running his hand through is messy hair, he really needed a hair cut. He flopped back on his mound of blankets and pillows and heard taps running. He wished she would just let him help her, he can make the pain go away but she just needed to trust him. Leo had enough of seeing her suffering, whilst she was in the bathroom he told everyone to wake up through the pack link. They were going for Zach now and nobody could change his mind. "You know this is a very bad idea right?", Asher said. "I need her to trust me and I can't watch my mate suffer anymore", he said back. Asher sighed his head but agreed, he couldn't watch Tala be upset either. He got dressed and met the warriors downstairs, "You know there is a big chance we will be brutally murdered right? Why now? We had a plan Leo".
"Because we can't wait any longer although I won't tell Cassie this but we have no idea what these rogues are like, we could be bringing back a body. We need to do this for Cassie, it's our future Luna's brother".
Orion sadly smiled and nodded before grabbing his bag and following the warriors outside to the cars.
Leo turned around to Adam, "Take care of my girl, Beta."
"I will, Alpha. Bring Zach back", Adam said and for once in his life he was being serious, he really was starting to be friends with his girl and it was nice to see him care for so many people.
"I won't disappoint her", Leo said turning around to walk out the door.
"Leo?", he heard Cassie call from behind him. He turned to see her confused but beautiful face, "Where are you going?", she asked worriedly.
Leo just smiled and replied, "I'm going to get your life back", before he walked out the door knowing he won't come back without Zach.

~

Hey guys! I have a busy weekend with a visitor so I will struggle to write so I thought I would publish this beforehand to give you guys something but I'll do a double update when the weekend is over! Please vote and comment and follow my profile to get notified for updates!

~