Chapter 13

"IM BACK BITCHES AND I WANT THOSE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES IVE BEEN SMELLING ALL THE WAY HOME", Someone shouted from downstairs making both Leo and Cassie groan from yet another interruption. "I swear to god, he nearly dies and he still finds a way to get me mad at him", Leo growls as he places a kiss on Cassie's forehead making her skin tingle with aftershocks.
"We best go downstairs and make sure he's okay", Cassie says smiling at the floor before scuttling out the room making Leo follow her through the house.
At the front door a wild Adam was flittering between rooms, Orion was trying to stop him but Adam was restless. It wasn't until he stopped to look at them all that she noticed he was actually quite badly injured. He had four gashes across his chest and was bleeding from his head but his eyes were wide and frantic, "Who the hell smells of chocolate cupcakes?".
Leo raises his eyebrow, "What are you talking about?".
Adam whips his head around to the staircase and his entire body freezes, he steps forward slowly almost as if he's afraid of breaking, "Mate?", he says almost in a whisper. Cassie turns to see her best friend standing in shock looking directly at the pack's goofball.
"Well THATS interesting", Orion says with a chuckle from the kitchen door. "I- I think I should um...", Emily stammers retreating back up the stairs quickly.
"Wait!", Adam shouts running after her but Leo pulls him back, "Adam, you're badly injured, let Doc heal you first. She probably wants some space to process what's happening". Cassie could see the agonising pain in Adam's eyes, he had just met his mate and now he wasn't allowed to see her and she couldn't imagine how that must feel.
Cassie started to follow in the direction of Emily's room, "Tell Adam I'll go talk to her", she mind linked to Leo. Cassie internally groaned at the situation, she hadn't figured out her own relationship now she was having to help someone else with theirs. She timidly knocked on the oak door, "Em? Can I come in please". She heard a grunt from the other side of the door and opened it to find her bestie tumbled on her bed face down into a pillow. She started mumbling angrily but she was incoherent because of the pillow, although it was amusing to watch Cassie had a feeling it wasn't a laughing matter, "Why did you run upstairs?", she said plonking onto the bed. Emily sat up with her frizzy hair bouncing around her face, "I didn't know what to say! Or do for that matter! I came here to ask for help in finding my family not to find a mate!".
Cassie smiled, "I can relate to that... the more you walk away from it though... the worse it will get".
Emily glanced suspiciously at her, "What's he like?".
Cassandra raised her eyebrows, "Who? Adam?".
Emily nodded shyly looking down at her intertwined fingers. Cassie sighed and lent back against the bed, "Honestly he is such a sweetheart, ever since I got here he has helped me find my feet and feel comfortable here. He has a heart of gold".
Emily smiled, "Do you think he'll like me?".
That just made Cassie laugh, "Of course! He wanted to chase after you as soon as you went! The boys made him stay back to Doc could heal him before he came and saw you".
Em flopped back onto the bed and started dreamily at the ceiling, "Maybe I could get used to him.... he IS gorgeous", she said giggling at her childishness. Cassie agreed and laughed along with her, it was a long while since she laughed properly with Emily so the girls spent some time having a long needed chat as they hadn't had much of a chance since Emily arrived and it was nice having the familiarity of home. Although they knew it wouldn't last long they had to take what they could get, every moment was precious now and they weren't going to waste it.

~

He had been watching her sleep for the past half an hour. Yes he was a creep but did he regret it? Not a chance. The girls had fallen asleep whilst watching their chick flicks and he couldn't keep Adam away from Emily anymore, he was completely besotted with her already. When they knocked on the door they found it slightly ajar and their little beauties passed out on the bed together, scooping her up carefully not to wake her, Leo had brought Cassie back to their room to make her more comfy whilst Adam let Emily sleep in peace, he didn't think he would make a good impression if he stayed. In all honesty Leo just wanted to be with her, he was laying beside her trailing his fingers down her jaw bone, her skin felt like electrical shocks pulsating through his skin and it was addictive. Her eyelids fluttered as she dreamed, he hoped she was dreaming of peace and happiness but he knew that was probably not occurring. Her shirt was slightly lifted and he could see the skin on by her ribs down to her hip, she was intoxicating to look at. Every breath she took her lips would part making him desperate to feel how soft her lips were, but he didn't want to freak her out. It was an internal battle that he was losing. He could hear her heart beating softly in her slumber and it was hypnotising, he felt at peace knowing she was safe in his arms. Leo has draped his arm across her tummy and was softly stroking her side with the other stroking her silky hair like he heard girls liked. He had no idea how long he was waiting for her slumber to end but eventually she started to move, she softly sighed and snuggled closer into him obviously enjoying the warmth before falling back to sleep again. Leo felt his cheeks heat up as her arm circled his waist making him chuckle lightly, her head was securely placed on his chest and he leaned back allowing her to get snuggled in. His heart warmed to the sight of his beautiful firecracker being so close to him for the first time, he smiled down at her and listened to her heartbeat flutter against his chest as his eyes drifted to a close.