Chapter 26

Just want to say I've loved Demi Lovato since I was 9 years old. Her journey and strength makes me smile so I felt like her new song with Sam Smith was needed for this chapter ❤️

~

The house was reasonably quiet with most having relaxed heartbeats as some people slept throughout the night but Adam was awake watching his mate finally sleep after her periods of tears and breakdowns. During this whole period she had accepted his touch and support knowing the bond would help her feel better, she was currently draped over his chest with her crazy hair tied up in a bun and nuzzled in the dip in his chest. Hearing her breathing was incredibly soothing after the day they had but he felt incredible remorse for having her down there with him even if it wasn't his decision to do so, it was his job to protect and care for her and within a few weeks he had failed like everything else he had done in his life. Consumed with self pity he dragged himself away from her sleeping frame to have a much needed shower, undressing he could feel the ache deep in his overworked muscles and the tiredness in his bones. Softly groaning at the soreness he turned to check one last time on his girl who was sleeping soundly in the bed, he decided to leave the bathroom door open incase she woke up in a panic and he could get to her quickly.
He ducked his head under the water and felt it run down his neck to his spine, exhaling deeply he felt a calmness wash over him as the shower released the tension in his body that he had no idea he had been holding in. The steam being created from the heat made him feel like his senses were being cleansed from the grime and horror that he saw and smelt today, unknowingly to him whilst he had been lavishing in the motions of the shower, Emily woke up to find the bed empty of her newly accepted mate and was desperate for warmth and contact. When she got up she saw the steam escaping from the bathroom and assumed he was showering but she was confused as to why the door was open, was he trying to hint something? In the past few day's since the double date she had started to massively warm to the idea of him being her mate, Cassie was also helping in showing her how wonderful he was but she couldn't believe it until the events in the tunnel. Seeing how much he cared and wanted to help her in the tunnels made her realise he actually did love her.... and that she might love him too. His perseverance for their relationship made her feel wanted and that she didn't need to isolate him from her, she needed him like oxygen and she needed to stop destroying his emotions and confusing his gentle heart. She pushed the door open timidly whilst fumbling with the buttoned shirt that she found in his drawers so she was enveloped in his comforting scent and found her mate facing the opposite wall with his arms against the wall and his muscles rippling in his back from the workouts he must do to stay in "Beta" shape. He was naked and she had no experience in... that area but it didn't feel foreign, in fact nothing felt more natural then the idea of being with her mate. He seemed consumed in the escape of his shower so she took the opportunity to let down her hair and slowly unbutton her shirt and remove her shorts with her shaking hands. Emily could feel her body shivering in anticipation and fear of rejection but she gulped the anxiety down to slide open the shower door making Adam spin around in shock. His mouth was opening and closing like a fish making her smile at his behaviour, "I'm sorry if I'm over stepping....", she said looking down crossing her arms over herself.
He shook his head worriedly and ran his hands down her hips making her shiver in delight, "You just surprised me that's all, I thought you were asleep, although I massively adore this little surprise".
She smiled inching closer slowly, "Well I thought you deserved this surprise after all you've done for me and helped me even if I haven't given you the same back".
He shook his head once more and lifted her chin in his fingers making her blush at his sly smile, "I'd do anything for you", he whispered before fulfilling his dreams with the kiss he waited so long for.

(Sorry if I'm about to ruin people's imagination but no they have NOT had sex - yet 🥰. Just an intimate and vulnerable moment between the two of them. At the end of the story I might do extra chapters about the intimate scenes but currently unsure)

~

Cassie looked up timidly to see his pearly whites shining, she tilted her head to tenderly kiss his scar that laced his neck, "I love you too, Alpha".
His body shivered under her touch and she heard him growl in lust and his eyes turned black as he looking at Cassie, "Call me that and it might get you in trouble", he mumbled peppering kisses down her neck to her collarbone. Leo felt her breathing increase as well as he heart rate the more kisses he gave her, he was so happy that he could get her to enjoy it, he was worried she wouldn't want any of this kind of intimacy which was okay but he knew she would be missing out.
Cassie leaned in closer to kiss along his jaw bone making him groan in happiness, "I want to be marked by the end of the night".
Leo's eyes widened at the thought, he wanted to make her melt under him and was dying to mark her for weeks but held himself back out of respect and patience for her. All the time waiting was paying off, he lifted her lips to his and kissed her deeply he had been craving he rode so long and he was going to make sure she begged for more when he was done.

(Okay theeeeese two might've done it 😂)

~

Romance was terrifying or at least that's what Orion thought. He was currently patrolling with his wolf Loki and doing his best to avoid the blossoming relationships that were noticeably occurring in the pack house. Just the thought of having to open up to someone like they had made him nauseous, patrolling at least took the edge off it all even if it was boring.
"You'll feel different one day....", Loki said sadly.
He just ignored him like he did most of the time, he had already accepted he wouldn't find his mate but he was terrified to find them if they did exist. Ever since he was younger he knew he was different to everyone else, it's how he got his scars, he always knew he loved men and not women.....
"It's nothing to be ashamed of O", Loki whined as he pined for his lover.
"I never said that....", he whined back as their paws pattered along the soft grass.
What if his mate was a girl? Would he stay miserable his entire life trying to pretend he was something he wasn't? What were Adam and Leo going to think? They would never allow him to stay in the pack if they knew he was gay, nobody ever expects it from him, he's the biggest scariest guy in the pack, the head of the warriors!...... and a complete loser.
He was terrified of being rejected by his Alpha, best friend, his new Luna and not to mention his mate. What if his mate was a guy but they didn't want to be gay? Orion just wished he was normal then he could be happy like Adam and Leo were but he knew he wouldn't be able to do it, he tried being with girls before and it just felt unnatural and made him feel sick. The last time he told someone he was gay... well everyone had seen his back, it didn't end well and he became homeless and Leo took him in without any questions asked. He was indebted to his Alpha and he would lay his life down for him and Cassie but he was so afraid of their disapproval. He tried to convince himself they would be understanding as they're his friends but they were all a lot closer with each other than he was to them and he felt left out of the group but didn't want to point it out and make a fuss so he stayed with his façade of a hard exterior as well as interior. When Cassie first arrived he felt like he could talk to her as she was easygoing and understanding but since her and Leo got closer he felt more alone than before, he didn't know what to do and he was at a loss. All he could do is hope one day it would change and for the better.

~

I've discovered I really enjoy writing love/intimate chapters, it really warms my heart and it's so amazing to have a different type of scene in my books. They might be featured a bit more often from now on/in the sequel 😂 Please follow my profile for notified updates and vote, comment and share the story around if you can, I'm also on Instagram now as Jessie56294 and it has the same profile picture as Revenge. 🥰

~