Chapter 16

"Who are these idiots and what do they want?", Minnie said angrily cupping her hot chocolate. The adults were now sat around the table after putting all the children to bed, needless to say they all wanted to sleep too after the madness that was bed time. "All the information I know of currently is that they are being lead by a black wolf that was once a rogue and has teamed up with any rogues they've come across to create a pack who want any land they come across. They took ours... now they want yours", Cassie says quietly. She watched Emily look away and she didn't blame her, the conversation topic wasn't exactly any of their favourites. Minnie smiled sweetly, "This is your home now so it's your land too". She smiled back but left the conversation there, she had enough gloomy talk and wanted to leave the miserable day on some sort of high note. They sat calmly in silence, Cassie assumed it was rare for Minnie to have these moments so they all revelled in it whilst they could. Cassie started to think about the fond memories she had with her pack, reminiscing about the snow falling eerily whilst she sat in the darkness of the forest and mountains with only the illumination of the moon for light. Those were the moments she felt at peace with her life and the world, when she could forget the pain and sadness others made her feel, where she knew she was at home. She could only hope she would feel those emotions again soon after this sadistic war was over. They all heard the door open whilst they wandered in their own minds and Leo and Adam waltzed in. For the first time maybe ever, Adam looked gloomy, he had worry wrinkles on his forehead with bags under his eyes - probably from the constant talks he had been in all day. Leo smiled lightly towards the group but he looked shattered too, "I think it's time we all head home for some well deserved rest, how is everything Minnie?", he asked kissing her on the cheek. Cassie raised her eyebrows in surprised as he hadn't shown any affection to anyone except her, it was evident everyone in the pack had a lot of respect for her and knowing Leo appreciated her too, warmed her chilly heart. "All is good, Alpha. Luna Cassie and her family have been amazing with the children, I do believe the twins had a shining to her and Zach", she said sweetly. Leo smiled widely and looked at her, "You like children?". She nodded with a small smile, he knew what he was hinting at due to his "Alpha nature" but it was way too early for that buddy. Adam sighed loudly, "I'm sorry Minnie but I can't stay, I'm exhausted. But we have the Moonlight pack coming to help us and they should arrive in the morning, they left as soon as we finished our talk". Minnie nodded solemnly and stood to leave, not before she stole another kiss and a hug from everyone before wishing everyone goodnight.

~

When they got back to the house everyone quickly separated to get some sleep, she felt bad for her brother who slept alone and but she had offered her company instead but he insisted she stay with Leo. Always more concerned about her wellbeing than his own, but she was grateful for her alone time with Leo which she had oddly been craving. He was currently showering but she had slumped straight into bed, she was debating on building a pillow wall and if it was worth it. Leo had been doing so well with his temper and they had no issues in the relationship for a while so she decided against it. He came out with a towel loosely hanging off his hips showing the V at the bottom of his chest, she rolled her eyes at her thoughts and quickly brushed them aside before she became flustered and for him to notice. He quickly rushed into the wardrobe and got changed into some loose bottoms before sliding into bed with her, he turned so he was face to face with her and smiled brightly. "So I've been trusted enough to have no pillow wall?", he said amused. She rolled her eyes again, she noticed a common theme with the action too, "Only if you behave. Otherwise it's going back up like the wall of China".
He smiled brightly and winked at her making her laugh, she stopped when her eyes fell upon his jagged scar on his neck. Suddenly, he scooped her up before spooning her so she was tucked under him, she blushed furiously as she felt his chest pressed up against her, but she had a feeling he only did it to hide his scar. "One day I'll tell you about it, but not now", he whispered in her ear making her shiver. She nodded slowly not wanting to push his boundaries, so she laid there and absorbed his warmth and love before falling into a peaceful slumber void of nightmares.

~

Cassie woke to a mop of hair in her face, she retracted the slob from her mouth and flicked it onto Leo's forehead making him groan in annoyance. "Can I help you, Firecracker?", he groaned. "Yeah, you can help by keeping your mop out of my face before I drown in over gelled hair", she grumbled. He laughed deeply still waking from his sleep, he rubbed the tiredness from his eyes and enveloped her in a bear hug snuggling his chin into her neck, "I'll have you know I have no gel in my hair, it's just naturally amazing". The stole a few moments of peace feeling the electricity flickering down their skin setting their bond alight, his fingers traced her chin lifting it to meet her plush lips. They kissed slowly and careful afraid of ruining the moment which was tender and gentle. They pulled apart only to catch their breaths, but they still held each other close not wanting to lose the intimacy. "Where did you come from Cassandra Delos?", he whispered whilst panting.
She smiled and leaned her forehead against his and held him tight. A commotion downstairs encouraged them to move as well as some hollering from Adam, "Sam and Leah are here, are you coming down or too busy- ".
"We're coming! We're coming!", Cassie screeched panicking whilst tossing on clothes whilst Leo laughed at her.
"Would it be so bad if they thought we did?", he chuckled doing the same.
"It would be an apocalypse, I genuinely think Zachary might kill you", Cassie grumbled storming out the door. Upon entering the lounge she realised Adam wasn't kidding and they were the last ones up, Emily had already made breakfast for everyone and most had finished. Zach turned to look at her with his eyebrows scrunched and wearing an angry expression, "Tell me you didn't".
She shook her head in disgust, "No we didn't I swear. Adam was just being... Adam", who just chuckled evilly. One day she would kill that guy, or maybe slightly maim she wasn't sure yet. She got lost in her thoughts of torturing Adam that she forgot to greet Sam and Leah, "Are you alright Cassandra?", Leah asked kindly.
She nodded quickly, "Yes sorry, how are you? I know it's not been long but a lot has been happening".
She smiled warmly, "We are okay, we've been gathering a bit more information since we've last seen you which we think could help".
Leo walked in looking all smoking hot as always with his smouldering look as he began to gather some food, "Did you start without me?".
"We were just about to start", Sam replied munching on his scrambled eggs.
Leah rolled her eyes as he stuffed his mouth, "We managed to catch a rogue whilst it circled our borders, we have been interrogating it in the cells for 2 days. He's an evil little bastard that one".
Leo came around and placed Cassie's food in front of her earning a smile, "How do you know what he's saying is the truth?".
Sam smirked, "Oh trust me, he was telling the truth". On second thought... she didn't want to know.
"He has told us of an old abandoned warehouse in the human city of Seattle. The rogue leader hasn't been there yet but his Beta or shitty Gamma could be not to mention and ideas of what they could be planning for us or other packs", Leah informed.
Leo nodded absorbing the information, "I think even if this warehouse might not be there we could at least try. It's all we've got".
Adam smirked with a glint in his eyes, "Time to kill some rogues".

~

Please vote and comment as it motivates massively! Follow my profile for notified updates 🥰

~