Chapter 5

"You know Cassie, if you open up to people they might actually start to like you", Zach said from my bedroom door. It was the night of my 16th birthday and I wasn't in the mood after arguing with Emily over her wanting to bring a date to my party, Cassie hated people dating when it wasn't their mate. She felt like it was a betrayal to their mate if they screwed around with others beforehand. "How is she supposed to know how you feel about her situation if you don't tell her? She might understand you know", he says hugging her from behind. "Yeah right she's probably more focused on how he feels inside her than how her mate would feel", she snaps. She turned around to see Zach grimacing, "Okay first off that's disgusting and second she's your best friend maybe give someone else a chance that isn't me, I know I'm awesome but you need other people on your side in case I'm not around". She frowns and pouts, "You better not go anywhere without taking me with you".
He smirks his signature smirk, "Of course not".

~

Cassie wakes up to someone shaking her shoulder, her eyes flutter open to see Orion with her bag, "We are at the hotel".
She frowns, "Hotel? No we are going straight to the pack".
He smiles sympathetically, "I know you want to find your brother but it's an 8 hour drive, that's too long to keep driving. Leo says we are carrying on in the morning".
She huffs but reluctantly agrees getting out of the car, "Where am I sleeping?".
"With me of course", Leo says from behind. She hadn't even noticed he and Adam were behind them, "Theres no way in hell that's happening".
Adam chuckles, "Relax warrior princess, it's a two singles bedroom".
Cassie crosses her arms defiantly, "You try anything and I'll put you through a fucking window".
The boys around her chuckle, "Shut up and go to your rooms", Leo orders - clearly embarrassed by the disrespect.
She smiles in triumph, payback is a bitch asshole, "Here, I also put some snacks in there for you", Orion says handing her the bag, he thinks of everything that guy.
"Come on, the room is this way, we are meeting them back at the car at 6 tomorrow morning", Leo says walking the other way to the guys.
She follows slowly unsure what to do in the situation, she didn't want to stay with him but she knew he wouldn't allow her to bunk with Adam. Guess she will just have to deal with it. He opens the door to their room and it's pretty basic, just how she likes it, she hates it when people flaunt their money.
They choose their beds and do their own thing trying to stay out of each other's way to no avail. Anytime one decided to do something like go to the bathroom the other did the same, it started giving Cassie a headache. She sighed, "Look I don't like the situation either but it's just for one night, then we don't have to deal with each other".
Leo sighed and laid back on his bed, "I know it's just I need to say sorry for what I said earlier today but I wasn't sure how to say it".
She had her hands on her hips, "It's fine, I get it. You don't like being disrespected as you're the Alpha but I don't like people so we will be butting heads a lot. I don't mean to be a pain it's just I don't like orders".
Leo laughed, "You don't say, I don't mean to upset you more than you already are because of your situation but can we just start over?".
Cassie shrugged, "I guess so, as long as you agree to not be an asshole".
"As long as you start to at least listen to what I have to say."
"Deal".

~

It was the middle of the night and Cassie couldn't sleep, the images of her parents were engraved into her brain and she couldn't close her eyes without seeing their blood pooled on the floor. She sat up and gingerly touched the healing scars on her back before sighing in annoyance. Cassie pulled herself out of bed and took herself into the bathroom to look in the mirror. She turned the light on and looked at her reflection, she wore a tank top and shorts due to the heat but felt exposed, she hated looking at her own skin but not because she was insecure. She just felt uncomfortable, she loved being in Tala's form, she thought humans were weak and fragile and she didn't want to be like that.
"You okay?", Leo said abruptly from the door making Cassie jump.
"Jesus Christ you scared the living shit out of me!", she said turning to face him. Her face reddened realising his shirt was off, "Go put a shirt on".
He smirked knowing he had hit a nerve, "Not like what you see?".
"Just put some clothes on", she said gazing at his scar on his neck as he left. Leo returned covered making Cassie feel instantly better, "Have a thing about nudity?", he says smirking evilly.
She groaned and pushed him out the way, "Fuck off", was her only response as she hid under her covers. He laughed deeply as he got back into bed and he spoke up not long after, "You never answered my question".
"I'm fine, but thank you".
"You're not but it's okay, you don't need to tell me if you don't want to".
Cassie just sighed and ignored him. She didn't want to deal with this right now, she knew she was just avoiding it but it was what she did best. She felt she couldn't make any decisions in life without Zach's advice and since he wasn't here she felt like she would be betraying him, "Goodnight Leo".
"Night Cassie".

~

"Rise and shine fuckers", Adam said bursting in with a huge smile on his face.
Leo and Cassie groaned and Leo threw a pillow in his direction which he easily dodged, "Today's the day to get your asses out of bed and in the car".
Cassie sat up to look at him, he looked like a freaking mad man with his hair dishevelled and eyes wide, she looked over at Leo after Adam ran out, "Is he always that excited?".
"Only in the mornings", Leo grumbled getting up from his bed, "I'll change in the bathroom to give you some privacy".
Cassie nodded and thanked him as she rushed to get dressed before he came back out, after she packed what little things she brought with her she met the boys at the cars. She seemed to notice she hadn't yet seen a female around in the pack which she found rather odd....
"So is he good in bed?", Adam says jokingly. She instantly aims for his balls with her foot which he deflects and before they know it they're tumbling around with each other earning some laughs from the boys.
"What the hell are you two doing?", Leo asks quizzically.
"She has a bad temper, you guys are perfect for each other", Adam quips.
Leo just narrows his eyes and looks at Cassie as if he understood the situation perfectly.
"Time to go, we have about 4 hours left to get there", he orders.
The guys nod and start getting into the cars again, "Hey Leo can I drive?", Adam asks.
"Absolutely not, Adam".
Adam rolls his eyes and rides shot gun murmuring something about "eating dicks on the weekend".
"You're pushing your luck, Adam Thrain", Orion says with a chuckle. Adam just shrugs and puts on the radio and begins to hum to himself.
"How did you sleep?", Orion asks politely.
"Fine, you?", Cassie answers.
"Well I would've slept better if some fat hog didn't snore all night".
"You love me big boy", Adam laughs.
"I could kill him", Orion mouths to Cassie making her smile.
"So Cassie", Leo begins, "When do you expect Alpha Ryker and the rest of his family to return from England?".
She sighs, "Not for a few days they only just left the day before....".
He nodded in understanding. A horrible realisation set in, "He doesn't know", Cassie whispers, "None of them know".
"Is there any way you can contact them?", Orion asks quietly.
"I don't have a phone so I don't know their numbers, I didn't need one... until now", she says quietly.
Orion smiles sympathetically, "Alpha Sam at the Moonlight pack has his number", Leo says from the front making her perk up, "I don't have it as we used to talk via letters as he preferred the old fashioned way, I'm sorry".
"It's fine, if I can call them at Moonlight it will be okay".

~

The rest of the drive was full of chatter but Cassie stayed quiet in anticipation, what if they didn't know anything about what happened? They would have to keep going round all these packs scavenging for information when there was a chance nobody knew anything. She started to get a little panicked thinking she might never find her brother but she couldn't give up on him, he wouldn't for her.
"We're here", Leo said pulling into a small village on the hills. People started gathering as they pulled up to the main house, they parked up and Alpha Sam came out of his house with his Luna called Leah who was holding their pup, she couldn't remember it's name.
"Alpha Leo what are y-", he stared at Cassie in shock, "Cassandra Delos? You're alive". Leah stepped forward, "You poor girl, how are you?".
"I'm fine all things considering, I came because I need your help".
Sam nodded, "Of course, how can I help?".
"I need to know information, my brother was missing before the attack, me and my parents couldn't contact him and I need to know where he is".
The Alpha and his Luna looked worriedly at each other, "We know where he is.... but he won't last long".

~

A double update you say? I'm on fire. Leave a comment, vote and follow me so you know when I've updated 😊

~