Chapter 19

Hey guys! So I've planned the rest of the story....! There will be 30 chapters in total and then an epilogue. After this book is finished I will plan the 2nd book! I may plan on doing some special chapters of scenes in the future as one of chapters but it's not set in stone yet. There's a special something in this chapter, just something different but I'm not sure if it suits my style so let me know! I hope you're enjoying the story as much as I am writing it. Lots of love ❤️❤️❤️

~

Cassie opened her eyes to see the sunlight streaming through the curtains illuminating the bedroom in warmth. She turned her head to see Leo lying on his chest snoring softly into the luxury of his pillows. Smiling, she traced the scar on his neck slowly enjoying the feeling of his skin under her fingertips. His eyes drifted open and he blinked rapidly trying to adjust to the brightness before his emerald eyes landed on her face. He broke into a large smile then closed his eyes relishing in the rare contact he was receiving, "I wish we could wake up like this more often".
She smiled back and agreed before leaning back onto the pillows stretching her limbs until they popped.
"I'm thinking we make pancakes for everyone", Cassie suggests smiling at her mate.
His eyes glisten with excitement, "You'll make pancakes?".
She rolled her eyes before getting up to dress, "No idiot you're going to help me".
He groaned and rolled himself into a quilt burrito refusing to move, she ignored his childish antics and moved downstairs to start on the food without him, she let it slide this time as he had been working hard so he deserves to be spoilt. Waltzing into the kitchen she sees Orion smiling at her whilst reading some documents, "Morning, you're up early".
"And you should be asleep after all the work you've put in", she retaliates making the pancake mixture and he just shrugs in response.
"Could you mind link Minnie and ask if Cayden and Lulu want to come over for pancakes?", She says happily as she sways to the music on the radio.
"You've taken a shining to those two, Mumma Minnie said you liked them but having them over for breakfast is new", he said with a chuckle before talking to who she assumed was Minnie. After a few pancakes were placed onto plates she heard the pattering of little footsteps and giggles running onto the porch before she heard soft knocking, "Come on in guys it's open!".
Not a second later the two bubbly children came bounding into the kitchen/dinning room with massive smiles on their faces, "Luna! We missed you!", Lulu says holding onto her waist for dear life. Cayden was kneeling on a stool wiggling on his knees evidently excited for pancakes that were being placed out, "Thank you for inviting us Luna, pancakes are our favourite!".
Cassandra smiled happily before giving them syrup and sugar, a moment after they tucked in people started filing into the kitchen and smiled when they saw the bundles of joy digging in ferociously. Leo walked in freshly showered and his scent overpowered her senses making her shudder in happiness, "Hey squirts, is Luna making good food?", he says leaning in to squish them both making them giggle. They nodded feverishly grabbing any food they could until their faces were smeared in syrup and chocolate spread which she wasn't sure how they obtained it, the room was full of joy and it was so nice for a change. Leah and Sam were holding each other in a love seat that was tucked into the corner of the room facing a window over the lake, she could only dream of being part of a strong couple as them. They were such kind souls and were so well respected in the werewolf community and Cassie's goal was to be a mixture of them and her parents. After all the food was eaten people were lounging around relaxing for the first time in days, the children were jumping all over Orion pretending they were climbing a mountain, the game changed into tag and Orion was the scary monster which was hilarious to watch. After they fled the room with piercing screams of excitement and once they were out of earshot, Sam spoke up from the corner, "How are the injured holding up this morning?".
Leo paused from his caffeine consumption to answer, "Doc said they had been tortured by having silver injected into their veins, he's been working hard and straining himself massively but they should be okay in the next few days. They just need some time to rest and recuperate. Me and Adam will be going down to talk to them after food if you want to join us?".
Sam nodded gratefully, "I would appreciate it, after we've gathered the information we will be headed back home. We've been away a few days now and it's time for us to go back".
Everyone smiled and accepted that, they had been away too long under the circumstances and the Shadow pack were massively grateful. Not wanting to ruin the mood with the sadness of Moonlight leaving, they all continued to chill out for the day and finish the movie marathon they started as the boys headed down to the hospital to question the wounded.