Chapter 29

I'm on instagram guys! My name is the same as my profile Jessie56294 and I also have started a new book! It's called Alien and has a prologue out and I will start writing chapters when I publish the epilogue of Revenge, I'm very excited for Alien and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do writing it 😊❤️

~

Blood everywhere and deathly silence.

That's what Leo, Zach and Cassie were met with as they arrived at the Moonlight pack. Leo could see tears forming in Cassie's eyes as realisation was settling in, not only was her new friend more than likely dead but this was the biggest trigger for her past trauma. There were no enemies in sight, no screams for help or terror... there was nothing. All that could be heard were the light footsteps of the warriors and their Alpha and Luna as they edged towards the pack house. Once they were on the doorsteps they saw the door was broken in two lying on the floor, warriors were sprawled on the floor with some having limbs removed.
"They must've been the last defence", Leo whispered as he looked up at his mate.
Cassie grasped his hand tightly knowing if she didn't have him by her side she would crumble and not get back up, "Where would the children and Leah be?".
"Maybe Sam's office? I'm not sure, Zach take the warriors, I want you to search the grounds for Sam and any survivors. Keep an eye out. I want two on the door of this house as we search it", Leo ordered making everyone move.
The warriors and Zach separated into groups and began searching the grisly bodies, some saying prayers as they searched the carnage and Cassie and Leo ventured deeper into the pack house. Blood coated the floor as they stumbled upon the teenagers, the bodies weren't as bad as the warriors but let's just say they didn't need to check for a pulse, "Who the fuck does this?", Cassie exclaimed in horror.
"We need to find Leah and the kids and fast", was Leo's only reply, he was probably in as much shock as she was. They carried on upstairs to where they thought Sam's office was, Cassie's fear became more prominent as they got closer afraid of what they would find. The door was slightly ajar and Leo reached to open it with shaking hands. When their eyes laid upon the sight of the room Cassie fell to her knees with a cry, toddlers and baby bodies were littering the floor, their skin pale and drained of life. Leo gagged and averted his eyes as he collected himself, "Oh my god, Leah...", Cassie said crawling over to the Luna's body which was trying to protect a group of children, her throat was ripped and stomach slashed with claw marks. She didn't stand a chance. Cassie let her tears flow freely as she hugged her friend, what kind of cruel creature slaughters babies? They were defenceless and terrified in their last moments, pain being the last emotion they felt and it tore Cassie's soul apart. Leo placed his hands on her shoulders as she cradled the body of Leah, "What now?", she cried.
"I don't know....", he said with his face a mix of shock, pain and anger.
A sudden noise from under the desk made them flinch in panic, "Hello?", Leo called out hesitantly. They could hear small sniffles and slight movement as they saw a little boy crawl out from behind the oak desk, "Please don't hurt me...", he whispered as the salty tears spread down his face relentlessly.
Cassie carefully placed Leah's body on the floor and moved towards the boy who sat in shock too afraid to move in case he was met with death.
"What's your name sweetheart?", she asked quietly.
"Levi...", he sniffed holding his own arms out of fear.
"I'm Cassie, I'm not going to hurt you, I'm here to help if I can. Do you know where the Alpha is?".
He shook his head, "He was the first to fall.... they came so quickly the Luna took us inside to try and hide us.... I'm the only one left", the boy cried into his arms.
Cassie carefully moved closer to the boy and stroked his arm comfortingly until he let her pick him up, he was no older than about 5 years old so he wasn't too heavy at all.
"How about we take you somewhere safe?", Leo said cautiously not wanting to upset him more, he just lost his family and pack like Cassie had and probably didn't want to leave them behind. He just nodded into Cassie's shoulder as they began to leave the room, she shielded his eyes so he didn't see the rest of the house but not before she looked back at Leah one last time with tears forming in her eyes once again, Leo could see the pain and regret flickering in them.
"Alpha! They're still here! We need help!", A warrior called through the pack link.
"Zach...", Cassie whimpered as she bolted outside with Levi in her arms.
They made it outside to find everyone fighting once again but Cassie noticed something frightening in particular.