Chapter 28

I'm on instagram guys! My name is the same as my profile  and I also have started a new book! It's called Alien and has a prologue out and I will start writing chapters when I publish the epilogue of Revenge, I'm very excited for Alien and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do writing it 😊❤️

~

His sister hadn't acknowledged his existence in days, Zach understood the mate bond but she swore he wouldn't be left out, now look at him, wondering alone in the woods as his wolf Tristan complained, "Leo and his wolf are such entitled knobheads, thinking they can take what they want", he grumbled as they slumped against a tree. Sometimes Zach joined Orion on patrols as it was nice just having some company but peace at the same time, but he got lonely, he just missed being around Cassie and it was starting to take it's toll. He couldn't even talk to Emily after what happened with her parents, he was completely alone with nothing to do. The bonfire had ended a few hours ago and most were asleep in their houses but he couldn't stand staring at the empty meaningless walls as he attempted to sleep so he opted for a walk with Tristan but his temper wasn't helping his mood either. Every time he closed his eyes he was haunted by the memories of his old pack and his parents, their smiles and laughter echoing through their home as Cassie and Zach pranked each other relentlessly.... he felt his heart clench and tears reach his eyes when he imagined his parents faces. He hadn't even got a picture to remember them by... Sighing deeply as Tristan continued his rant and the memories swirled in his mind, Zach started to walk back to the pack house as the idea of food played on his mind. Maybe it would cheer him up if he had a full belly before bed? As he started to reach the backdoor he noticed some lilac coloured flowers growing under a willow tree, "Maybe Cassie will actually pay attention to us if we do something that reminds her of home...". For once he agreed with his wolf and decided to pick some flowers to put in the dining room so they were noticeable. It was early hours of the morning and it should be hard to see but thanks to Tristan's wolf eyes they could see perfectly fine after they picked a handful of the prettiest flowers they entered quietly through the back door and walked into the kitchen to find a vase.  After a few minutes of scouring the cupboards he found a glass vase under the sink which he filled with water before placing it in the middle of the table, you couldn't miss the flowers then. Once he was satisfied with his work he opened the fridge to find nothing he fancied making him groan in annoyance, there was an abrupt sound of banging coming from upstairs startling him slightly before he heard Leo's bounding voice in his head, "All warriors need to get up now, the Moonlight pack is in trouble and have requested immediate help. Zach I need you to come with us. Adam stay here with Emily as my replacement and Orion send warriors to come with us and keep patrolling. Everyone out the front in the cars in 5 minutes".

Well fuck.

~

Cassie had woken to an annoying ring tone, "Hello?", she mumbled with a tired voice, Leo was stirring and rubbed his eyes tiredly at the disruption.
"Cassie! Please help us! The rogue pack is here! Me and the pack's children are trapped in the house, I have no idea where Sam is, please help me!", Leah sobbed over the phone making Cassie shoot up out of bed.
"I'm coming, hold tight I'm coming right away", She said sprinting to the wardrobe making Leo copy her actions after overhearing the call.
"I don't know how much longer we can last...", she whispered before the call cut off.
Cassie started hyperventilating, she didn't want to lose someone else, "Deep breaths, we will be there soon, I've told everyone to be in the cars in five minutes", Leo instructs hugging her tightly.
"We have to leave, I told Zach he is coming with. You need him by your side", Leo said before leaving the room and barking orders. Pulling on clothes as fast as she could she ran downstairs for something to catch her eye, purple flowers. Zach. She rubbed her head in frustration, they had hardly spoke the past few days and he was trying so hard to fit into this pack, yet another thing she needed to fix. Cassie's emotions were starting to run high as she jumped in the front passenger seat of the car before Leo drove off, she looked behind to see Zach sat in the back with a weak smile on his face, "Is there a plan?".
Leo sighed, "We don't know much or numbers, we need to get to their pack house, it's where the vulnerable are hiding and we don't know how long they have left. We need to find them first". The warriors all nodded to their instructions and a quiet stillness settled over the cars, nerves were running high and panic was starting to settle in, they could be headed to a death trap and they could be annihilated and they had no idea what they would find.
"Just stay together, if we stay together we will be okay", Cassie reassures quietly and had no response but she didn't need one, she knew what they were all thinking.

~

Hearing Leo's booming voice at 3 in the morning was not what Adam wanted, Emily had managed to fall asleep an hour ago only to be woken with the shock of the attack on the Moonlight pack. Now they were in charge and on very little sleep, the pack had woken with family members rushing out the house to leave with the Alpha and Luna and now everyone was in a state of panic and rightly so. The children in the orphanage were thankfully still asleep so that was one less problem to deal with, seeing children crying broke Adam's heart every-time even if it was over a broken crayon he ended up crying with them.
"We know the same amount of information as anyone else, there was no time for us to be briefed on the situation as it was an emergency and they had to leave immediately. We will let you know as soon as we hear anything, the best thing we can do is go back to our houses and stay safe inside. We have warriors patrolling the borders like normal and we are safe here", Emily said diplomatically to the worried crowd. Some weren't happy with that answer but a stern look from an angry and tired Emily made them shut up straight away, "I know it isn't the best situation but the Moonlight pack were there for us when we needed them and now it's the time to return the favour, now please everyone go back to your homes and get some rest", she said sternly leaving no invitation for questions as the crowd once again dispersed quickly.
"I'm not going to stop patrolling until they get back, let me know if anything changes", Orion said in Adam's head.
He replied saying he would let him know then shut off the link, he needed coffee and lots of it before he could do anything remotely productive. Entering the kitchen/dining room Emily was already brewing a pot as she leaned against the fridge in tiredness, he came up behind her and hugged her tightly, she didn't allow any other contact than hug and kisses unless it was on her terms and he didn't mind that at all, he was just happy to have her in his arms and wrapped in her scent.
"Is there anyone we should contact?", she asked rubbing her eyes as she pulled away to pour the coffee.
He shook his head, "Nobody particularly wants to fight, they're all too afraid. They'll only fight if it's their own pack".
Emily groaned, "So much for compassion for others", she grumbled before leaning against the counter and drinking her latte.
"Do you think they'll be okay?", he asked sitting at the table as the sleep started to leave his body gradually.
She looked down deep in thought, "I think they will do anything to help the other pack, whether they come out unscathed because of that... now that's different".
Adam sighed as he realised if something went south in the fight they were about to engage in then Emily and Adam would become the Alpha and Luna of the pack and he didn't want that, yes he was proud to be the Beta and wanted the position but all he wanted was to be his best friend's advisor and closest reliant not the leader of hundreds of people.
"I hope that everyone will be okay but realistically.... expect a funeral", she said sadly before leaving Adam to himself in the dark room to figure out what was to come next for them all.

~

A double update for your faces today! Chapters 29 and 30 will be published at the same time as they are the last chapters. 😊

Please vote and comment as it really helps! 😊 Constructive criticism is also really useful for me to improve and I'm always happy to hear other people's opinions. Please follow my profile for notified updates and share the story around if you can 🥰

~