Chapter 24

I'm back bitches. I had a nice break now enjoy the next chapter 🥰

~

"We need to put a search party together, who wants to go?", Leo asks making everyone's hands shoot up in excitement.
"I think we should all be aware of what could be waiting for us down there, swarms of rogues, sights that could taint our minds for the rest of our lives, are you all aware of this?", Cassie announced. Everyone's hands were unwavering and held strong in the air, "We will organise a group and those that will venture into the tunnels need to make sure they map all they see for future references", Leo says making all agree, "I'd like to speak to my Luna alone if everyone could leave please".
People started filtering out of the room with excited mutterings trailing behind them. Cassie was leaning back against the table watching her mate with a gentle but tired smile having the toll of recent events setting in on her features, she was excited at the new discovery but weary of what was to come as it couldn't end well.
Leo walked to his small Luna and held her against his chest making her hum in comfort, "I just wanted a minute alone with you before we discuss the group going down into the tunnels. I wanted to be holding you close first", he says kissing the top of her head.
She laughed quietly into his chest, "You're such a softie for a big scary Alpha".
He smiled holding her tighter, he didn't appreciate her enough or show her his overwhelming adoration for her and he needed to change that. Leo loved his feisty Luna and needed to show her off as the incredible she wolf she was. Cassie pulled away regretfully but still held a small smile on her lips as she crossed her arms, "I wanted to ask something of you".
Leo stepped back to give her space and leaned against the chair next to him, "I want to ask that neither of us go down there, at least straight away".
He frowned slightly in surprise, he imagined she would be the first to go there as she wanted answers, "I don't understand".
She sighed and looked down, "We've been diving down a lot into these opportunities and I think that we should entrust Adam with this, he's your beta for a reason although he's an idiot sometimes he needs a lot more credit than what he gets".
He rubbed his hand through his silky hair as he thought about it, it made sense and he understood where she was coming from, he might even be able to have some quality time with her, "Okay so we send Adam down there as the leader, who should accompany him?".
She tapped her nails on the table, "I think we should send Emily with him".
Leo dryly chuckled, "We are trying to end a war not start one".
She shook her head, "I think it will give them the opportunity to work together for the better of others, Emily has the bloodline of Alphas and Adam is a beta, I think this is a great opportunity for them to show us what they can do as a team".
Leo debates this for a moment, yet again she was making sense and her reasoning was fair but he was worried as Emily was quite unpredictable especially when it came to Adam. Was it a risk worth taking?
"Say if we do let them go down, how many should go with them?".
She pushed her hair out of her face, "Honestly I think taking a large group is a bad idea, yes they may face rogues but realistically the tunnels aren't wide enough for a large group and is probably used more as an escape route or rat runs than anything. Send five warriors with them and I think that would be enough otherwise they would draw too much attention to themselves and struggle".
He nodded, "Okay I agree but I'm sending Charlie with them, if the two start arguing I want someone there to make an emergency decision if necessary or at least as a mediator".
She nodded and smiled, "That seems fair, I'm glad we agree".
He smiled and walked back to her lightly pressing his lips against hers, no matter how many times they kissed the electricity was just as real as it was before and they would never tire of it. Thank goddess for the mate bond.
Leo pulled away before gently grasping her hand, "Let's go tell them our plan, firecracker", making her smile as they walked out together.

~

Everyone was waiting out on the lawn or the porch when the Alpha and Luna emerged, the positive energy was improving morale by the minute, even children were out playing with parents as they momentarily forgot the fear of recent events. Orion watched from the side with some of his warriors as Leo put an arm around Cassie's waist, she had evolved so much as a person since she had arrived and he was proud of her. She was very guarded and apprehensive about the pack at the start but she really embraced her role as Luna and was becoming loved very quickly and easily.
"We have made the decision that having a large group enter the tunnels is a bad idea and that's why we will only be sending Adam down the tunnels with a handful of warriors as support", Leo announced making a few grumble and groan on the missed opportunity of some action. Adam smiled and nodded his head respectfully at the two, he was grateful for the leadership opportunity to show them how he can be as their Beta.
Cassie stepped forward, "I also want to send Emily with Adam as another helping hand, I know she hasn't had any contact with her family and this could potentially lead to some ideas as to where they are so she will be joining the group". Cassie could see Emily's face fall as she realised it meant she and Adam had to work together, she knew it would be awkward for them both but they had to work their shit out if they were going to survive their enemies attacks.
"You are all free to go back to your usual duties and Orion will continue to organise patrols as the group prepare for their expedition", Leo announced as they went back into the house and the pack dispersed into their own groups.
"I've mind linked Orion to select a few warriors to go with Adam and Emily, he knows everyone's skill sets the best so I left that decision up to him", Leo said sitting back on the sofa with a deep breath. She fell next to him and rested her legs over his, "It's nice to see you trusting them and putting them both to good use. Some Alphas try and shoulder everything but I think it's great how you delegate with him and Adam".
He smiled warmly, "I'm glad you think so. They're my Beta and Gamma, it's their jobs and I know it makes them proud to show this pack how much they adore them".
She nodded as they laid back and enjoyed their moment of peace, she knew Emily was probably not going to talk to her until after because she was mad at the fact she put her and Adam together but right now she couldn't care less it was quiet and she had been begging for more moments alone with Leo. Emily would just have to grow some balls.