Chapter 27

I'm on instagram guys! My name is the same as my profile Jessie56294 and I also have started a new book! It's called Alien and has a prologue out and I will start writing chapters when I publish the epilogue of Revenge, I'm very excited for Alien and I hope you guys enjoy it 😊❤️

~

Cassie woke to a heavy weight on her body, she groaned and slightly opened her eyes to find her magnificent yet lump of a mate lying over her as he slept. "They are such cuddle babies", Tala sniggered.
She chuckled quietly and managed to slide from under him to get herself ready in the bathroom, she glanced into the mirror to see her healing mark, touching the tender skin Cassie closed her eyes in happiness, for the first time in god knows how long she felt whole again. Leo has crept up behind her and attacked her mark from behind, she hadn't noticed he woke up with her but enjoyed seeing her struggle to get away from him, his relentless kisses on her mark made her eyes roll and lean into his warm body. When he stopped she sighed sadly, "Was that necessary?".
"Completely", he said flashing a smile as he left the bathroom to get ready for breakfast.
By the time they got downstairs Orion was already making pancakes for the household, "Morning, Orion. How are you?", Cassie said smiling as she sat at the table.
He turned and smiled back and said he was good but he looked completely the opposite, his body lacked sleep and proper nutrition, his eyes were hung with darkness and his frame was drooped and tired, "Orion I think you need to go get some sleep, someone else can take your patrol", Leo said matter of factly but Orion shook his head insisting he was fine.
Cassie glances at Leo to see his worried expression, something was going on with him lately and they had been too focussed on each other to notice, she felt like such a bad friend she couldn't imagine how bad Leo felt.
"I've made pancakes, I'm going out for patrol, Leo the moonlight pack tried to call you this morning, Sam wouldn't tell me what he needed but he sounded happy", Orion said before swiftly leaving the room leaving them both perplexed.
"I'll call Leah and ask her what's up", Cassie said going to get Leo's phone from the room, Leo decided to make up the plates for them both so she could eat when she got back, he wanted to see that continuous smile on her face and last night certainly helped with that. Leo could hear her footsteps as she came downstairs to join him again, "It's ringing, maybe we will finally have some good news", she says hopefully and kissing him on the cheek earning her a smile in return.
"Finally! Leo is that you?", Sam asks over the phone excitedly.
"I'm afraid not but he's right here with me, what's up, Sam?", Cassie says happily.
"Last night some of my warriors picked up a scent of rogues on our borders, we decided to take action since there wasn't many of them in numbers by the scent, me and my warriors followed the scent to a small abandoned house and found another one of their bases, when we attacked it turned out to be the Beta's home. We killed the rogue Beta!", he cheered happily.
Leo took the phone quickly from Cassie, "Sam that's fantastic! The Rogue pack is starting to weaken and now with no Beta they are vulnerable. We have to celebrate", Leo said with a huge smile spread across his face.
"We don't want to leave the pack again with such short notice but we will be having a bonfire in celebration here, I suggest you do the same, it could lift spirits massively", Sam said before him and Leo dived into the usual Alpha talk for the morning. Cassie happily sat in front of her pancakes and hummed in delight at the taste of the sweetness and grinned wildly. They finally had some good fortune.

~

The pack was gathering around the dock on the lake for the announcement and everyone looked nervous as shit, Cassie thought they must be anticipating more bad news, curfews or something even more drastic, little did they know they were able to be free tonight and celebrate a victory.
Leo walked forward as the last people started to stream in on the outskirts of the gathering including Orion and some of his warriors from their patrols, Adam and Emily stood so close to each other that they might as well be moulded into one person, the orphaned children were snuggled close to each other in front of Mumma Minnie with the little twins looked petrified.
"Hello again everyone, I'm actually standing here with some good news for you all", at that the people started murmuring and excitedly whispering to one another, "We have been contacted by Alpha Sam at the Moonlight pack and they have told us the Beta of the Rogue back has been eliminated, this means the pack is weakened and we are even closer to defeating our enemy!", he announced making people cheer and clap, some of the big warrior boys were doing big bro hugs and laughing with each other whilst some looked sad that they missed out on the action.
Cassie decided to step forward and join hands with Leo, "Because of this victory we have decided to host a bonfire to celebrate!", she announced making the kids dance happily. They probably didn't know what was going on but just bounced off the adults emotions, it was so heart warming to see their pack happy rather than terrified for once. As the crowd started to disperse as they prepared for the night, the group of children came running up to them both, "Alpha! Luna! Pretty please can we go to the bonfire too!", the children were shouting as they clung to their leaders begging for some fun, Leo laughed picking up the twins who snuggled into him making Cassie's heart burst with love, he looked incredible and right in his element but it was a thought for the future not now.
"Of course you can! You can play games and join the adults but you still have to go to bed when you're told!", Leo said as Kaden and Lulu clung to him contently. The children groaned and reluctantly agreed before running back to the house playing tag amongst each other, "Do you two want to stay with us today", Cassie asked as Caden stretched his arms out for a cuddle with her and nodded.
"We want to play in the big house!", Lulu announced before wiggling her way out of Leo's arms running towards the house, Leo chased her pretending to be an evil monster before scooping her up with a roar making her laugh loudly. Caden just stayed snuggled in Cassie's neck and started to fall asleep, having a child in her arms satisfied her Luna craving but she was nervous at the thought of her own children. She knew she wasn't ready for kids but maybe one day she would find the courage to fulfil her Luna desire.

~

The sun had started set over the lake making it radiate warmth over the forest and the pack making the happiness spread from wolf to wolf. The young teens who started to recently shift were playing on the edge of the forest and doing some game of tussle to see who was strongest, the children were playing around the recently lit fire and happily eating the junk food given to them. Caden was now wide awake and chasing his sister around with a stick which they tried to discourage at first but children never listened, Lulu thought it was a hilarious game so they left them to it. The fire was starting to grow with the night and the adults were gathering to admire the moment of relaxation in the night even with the buzz of the children's laughter, Adam and Emily were softly talking in the corner of the group, Emily looked tired and downcast from the memory of her parents but she looked healthier each day which Adam could be thanked for. The bodies were being held in the hospital morgue ready to be buried when she was ready, Cassie couldn't wait until it was safe to go home so she could finally put her parents to rest. Leo looped his arm around her waist to pull her into him and away from her thoughts, he kissed her temple and leaned his head towards hers, "I'm so glad I found you, firecracker".
She smiled up at him, "I'm thankful you're pack saved me that day".
"Our pack, my Luna", he said quietly before kissing her deeply enjoying the feeling of her lips against his.
"Ewwww! You're going to get coodies!", Caden exclaimed, shocked that the awesome Alpha would make such a grave mistake. Lulu smacked her brothers arm in protest causing them to argue about hygiene. The wonders of children's minds.
"How about we roast some marshmallows by the fire?", Mumma Minnie announced as the kids swarmed her for the marshmallows instead.
The night was completely joyful after that, no bickering or arguments just laughs and smiles all around, even Orion joined in at the end. He had a chat with them all but not for long, he seemed a bit better afterwards however. The atmosphere was so positive and happy..... but Cassie felt something pang deep in her heart. She couldn't help but feel.... like it was the calm before the storm.

~

Please vote and comment as it really helps! 😊 Constructive criticism is also really useful for me to improve and I'm always happy to hear other people's opinions. Please follow my profile for notified updates and share the story around if you can 🥰

~