Chapter 17

Double update to celebrate getting 100 reads! Slowly but surely making progress. I've also noticed that the chapters aren't being published in the format I've been wanting (totally not annoying). But thank you all for the support 🥰

~

"I severely worry about your mental state", Leo chuckles at Adam who just carried on smiling like a kid at Christmas.
"Hey I'm just happy to get some payback. Should I tell Orion?", Adam says giddily.
Leo shakes his head, "He's been on border patrol all night, you can tell him we are planning an attack but he's only coming if he comes and rest for a few hours at least".
Adam nods excitedly before leaving the room with Emily suspiciously trailing behind him but Cassie brushes it off - for now.
Sam leans back against his chair with his hunger finally quenched, "We brought 20 warriors with us, I know it's not much but I couldn't leave the pack defenceless in our absence".
Cassie smiled, "20 is very generous and more helpful than having none. We are very grateful for all your support".
Leah smiles warmly, "Of course, we will always help you both. We hope it's enough to help with the attack".
Leo nodded rubbing his chin whilst thinking, "So I'm thinking we bring roughly 50, if you've brought 20 and we bring another 20 plus us, Orion, Zach, Adam, Emily we should be okay".
Cassie frowns, "Zachary is staying put".
Zachary mirrors her frown with his own from across the table, "Excuse me I can look after myself, I want to help".
Cassie shakes her head quickly, "I can't concentrate on fighting if I know you will be fighting too. I need you here to look after the pack with Justin and Charlie".
Leo agrees much to Zach dismay but he can't argue with the Alpha and unofficial Luna, he abruptly leaves and slamming the door behind him to make a point causing Cassie to sigh in exasperation. Leo rests his hand on her own, calming her instantly, Zach just doesn't understand she doesn't want to lose him too.
Leah begins to stand, "We will go get changed and inform our warriors, we should head off soon after so we can get there close to dark. It will take a while to reach the city from here", she says before leaving with her mate trailing behind her. Leo breathes out a big sigh of relief, "I feel like we are actually getting somewhere now, not just sat waiting for the next attack to happen".
Cassie nods chewing her nail with anxiety, "Agreed... but what if something happens whilst we are away? What if the information really isn't true?".
Leo pulls her onto his lap and wraps his arms around her making Cassie relax into his chest, "If that's true then we will deal with it if it happens. In the mean time we have a plan and it's the first we've had in a while and we need to stick with it. Not just for our sakes but for everyone else's too".
She just nods and leans into his chest enjoying the warmth and attention, she loved stealing these moments, it made her feel wanted and it was slightly filling a hole her parents left behind in her heart. She knew it would never be filled but her new found relationship was helping with her grief, she hadn't had time to think about her losses so she decide to think about home instead making her smile. Seeing her smile made Leo smile too and raised an eyebrow questioning what she was thinking about silently.
"If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?", Cassie asks quietly.
Leo stays quiet whilst he thinks of his answer, "I think somewhere like Africa, somewhere exotic and where the beauty is untouched and raw".
She smiles into his chest, it was a lovely answer but it was funny how different they both were.
"What about you?", he asks brushing his lips across her temple.
She hums slightly, "Back home to Canada, I loved watching snow fall and the cold breeze brushing against my face, it made me feel so at peace and I would love to be there again".
He pulls away to look her in her sparkling eyes, "I promise you that one day I'll take you home".

~

Cassie had seen the pack house busy - but this was another level of pure fucking manic. People were rushing around saying goodbye to loved ones and some children were crying as they wished good wishes on their family members, she felt an urge to help being a Luna and all but she knew they needed these precious moments. They had no idea if they were all coming back unharmed and she knew that if it was her and her family she would want to be left alone. She wandered the rooms in search of someone she knew but came up short, there were too many bodies to navigate through so she opted to wait in the cars instead. She noticed that a certain someone had the same idea as she walked up to the first car. Orion was dozing in the front passenger seat, she worried about him, he did his job so well and was so committed but he pushed his limits too hard. She smiled sadly but carried on walking to see if she could find anyone else. Stumbling to the next car she caught Adam trying to chat up Emily against the car but even from the distance between them Cassie could tell his charms were falling on empty ears making her chuckle at his attempts. They both faced her and blushed but Emily managed to duck under his arm and looped with Cassie's instead, "I'm so ready to kick some rogue butt. When are we leaving?", she said bouncing up and down eagerly. Like Cassie, Emily was looking for answers on where her family was or what happened to them so she was very eager to get to the warehouse. Adam just giggled childishly at her actions, "We are just waiting for Leo and Alpha Sam to come and tell us the plan then we will leave". Emily nodded just as the Alphas emerged from the pack house that was once pure chaos, everyone quieted down as they approached the cars and all attention was on them, "Is everyone here?", Sam asked and he got murmurs in response. People were too excited to miss the chance to kill some rogues so she knew everyone must be here.
Leo steps forward, "We will spilt into groups of 10 each with two heads of the packs with each group. Emily and Cassie will hit the north side with their team, Sam and Adam will be hitting the south, I will go with Orion to the East side and Leah will be with her head of warriors attacking the west side. The teams of ten will have some from each pack in it so each team can still have contact with each other so we can update each other with their teams progress. We don't have information about inside the warehouse or how many there is so be on guard and be smart. Does everyone understand?", Leo asks with his voice booming across the forest bouncing off the trees. Everyone nodded and rushed to the cars, each car was buzzing with energy but they would have to conserve as much as they could if they were going to get out of this fight unscathed.

~

The buzz of the city awoke something in Cassie, her anxiety heightened and worry was etched into her face. This was a dangerous game and they had no idea how it would play out. They had no idea what number of rogues were at this warehouse, what weaponry they had and they had no way of navigating the inside. Not only was she worrying for herself but for her new family, she wish she could put a protective bubble around them and keep them safe forever but life wasn't kind that way. People got hurt, people felt pain and people died, it was inevitable and unstoppable. "Promise me that we will stay together", Emily whispered from the drivers seat. Cassie could see the fear in her  best friend's eyes but she was keeping it at bay for now, "We are a team, we will stay together", Cassie reassured.
"Do you think we will find anything Luna?", a warrior asked from the back, she may not have gone through the pack ritual to become the official Luna but they knew it would be happening soon and they respected her already for her resilience and loyalty to the pack. Cassie turned with a small smile and nodded, "There will be something, some form of information will be there. It just depends if it is significant or not".
The warrior seemed to be content with that answer and bowed his head. It didn't take long after the talk for them all to arrive, they made sure to park a few blocks away and separated from the other teams to move to their own sections of the warehouse. It towered above them and was a lot bigger than how Cassie had pictured in her mind making the anxiety turn into nausea deep in her stomach. Emily held tight onto her hand and squeezed showing her support, they all felt the same but they knew this attack was necessary and they needed to put their fear behind them.
"Alpha Leo and Adam say their teams are in position, we are just waiting on Luna Leah and then we will be going in", a warrior says from the front of the team. Cassie nodded and took some deep breaths as they waited patiently for Leah's signal. The sun was setting and the warehouse lights became more prominent as the darkness began to fall. The energy that was felt in the car as they left was slowly dissipating and being replaced with alertness and precaution as they prepared themselves for a fight. "Luna Leah says they're in position and are moving in, it's time", a warrior speaks up. They start to move out from the bushes and foliage they were currently hiding in and moved towards the warehouse, as they came closer they noticed two rogues stood on each slide of a door, they were big burly men with a tattoo on their forearm which Cassie could make out. Cassie told the warriors to hide around the corner and brought Emily with her, "We need to distract them, when we have them where we need them, snap their necks quickly", Cassie said using the mind-link they still shared. Emily nodded and put on her brightest smile and swayed her hips slightly towards the men, the rogues went rigid when they saw them coming, "This is private property you need to leave ladies", one said gruffly.
Cassie twirled her hair through her fingers, "We're sorry, we seem to be a bit lost, can you help us find our way back to the main road?", she placed her hand on the gruff guy's chest making him smirk with his disgusting teeth on show. She sneaked a look at Emily who was in a similar position with the other rogue, "Sure ladies", they began to turn to point them to the road but the girls quickly looped their arms round their necks and snapped them before they could react. The rogues slumped to the floor and Cassie exhaled deeply, the warriors came over to hide the bodies in case someone came to check on them when they didn't hear from them, "One of them had this key card on him", a tanned warrior said handing the card to Cassie and flicked it over the door handle. It clicked and showed a small green symbol and the door popped open, Cassie took a deep breath and turned to make sure everyone was ready. The warriors nodded and Emily smiled in reassurance, they was all she needed to inch her way inside the door.

~

Please vote and comment as it motivates massively! Follow my profile for notified updates my chickens 🥰

~