Chapter 12

They just couldn't catch a break, it hadn't been a day since Zach was allowed out of bed and there was already an intruder on the pack lands. Like seriously.... a day is all they were asking for. "Cassie, stay here, make sure Zach doesn't do anything stupid", Leo says annoyed pulling on a shirt. She was fumbling with her clothes but turned to look at him, "No, I'm coming with you, I want to help".
He sighed, "It's not up for debate".
Cassie ran out the door behind him, "You're right it's not". He just rolled his eyes and went with it, he loved his little firecracker but sometimes she was frustrating, she always likes being on the front lines when he just wanted her safe. Leo knew arguing with her was futile so he just decided to keep an eye on her, who knows she might even be handy, she seemed to calm him down a lot so a death might be avoidable tonight. "We have the intruder, it's a female, she says she knows the Luna, Alpha", Orion says through the mind link. Leo frowned but decided to keep it to himself for now, he wanted to see this woman for himself first, they ran towards Orion who was nearing the pack house walking a frizzy haired girl, she had striking blue eyes but was covered in all types of shit, she looked like hell. Cassie froze, "Emily?", she said in a small voice. The new girl - Emily ran straight for her but was met with an annoyed Leo instead. "Who are you?", he says.
Cassie rolls her eyes, "Quiet Leo, shes my best friend, she's Emily Jackson, the daughter of my Alpha".
Leo whipped around to face Cassie confused, he thought she was supposed to be away? Or even dead? The girls collided with one another holding each other tight, "Emily? Is that you?" Zach asks from behind them, Emily squeals and jumps into his arms and he gives out a hearty laugh whilst picking her up into a bear hug.
"I can't believe you are both alive", Emily says quietly, pulling away from Zach to look at them.
"What happened? Where have you been? Where's the Alpha?", Cassie asks in a rush.
"We were away and didn't hear from your father for a few days and we started to worry so we came back, as soon as we landed we were attacked by some pissed off wolf and his rogue pack - unbelievable I know but it happened. I managed to escape in the midst of the fight and ran straight to the closest pack to home, I haven't heard anything from anyone since..." she says quickly and out of breath.
"I think we should take this inside", Leo said formally walking away without accepting any protest.

~

"How are you even alive?", Emily said for the millionth time. Cassie sighed, "I told you, Leo and his pack came to help, it was just a little late. I was attacked by this massive black wolf and I have no idea what even happened. I was hoping you would have more answers".
Emily sighed frustrated, "We don't even have any enemies, we have lived in peace for decades. What the hell is happening?", she groaned lying on her back on the floor.
Leo was sitting hunched over in his chair, they had gathered in his office, Adam still wasn't back and Leo was starting to worry about him too, he tried contacting him but had heard nothing back. There were so many things happening it was beginning to get hard to prioritise, he just wanted to snuggle up to his grey eyed beauty in bed, if he could get her there that is. "Leo?", Cassie said placing a hand on his arm, he felt sparks light up his skin and judging by the blush blooming across her cheeks he assumed she felt it to. "Um- Orion wanted to speak with you outside", she said pointing to his Gamma who waited for him at the door. The Alpha nodded his head and followed the head of the warriors outside, they went downstairs away from the siblings and Emily, Leo started to feel uneasy by Orion's tensed stature, "Orion, what's happened?", he said touching his shoulder lightly. Orion sighed and his face was downcast, "Adam called, he said they had been ambushed on the way back from the pack and were coming as quick as they could..... they managed to fight them off but... we lost 6 men", Orion said stumbling. Leo sighed and rubbed a hand through his hair, he felt like he was failing his pack. People kept dying, his mate had nearly died as well as her entire family and pack, he needed to push harder, he needed to be smarter than these assholes. "Send our warriors to the border to escort them back, if they need help we can be there for them. Was Adam hurt?".
Orion shrugged, "He said he was a bit busted up but okay, you know what he's like".
Leo growled, "We need to find out more information about these guys, a black wolf with a pack of rogues, someone has to know something. We need to get our asses into gear".
Orion nodded, "I'm on it Alpha", Orion walked out of the house and a frustrated Leo stormed off to his room hoping his mate would come and ease his anger.

~

Meanwhile....

The boys had walked out and Emily was still lying on the floor, she still looked like shit from her ordeal but nobody could blame her. She's been through hell like the rest of them, "Whilst the boys are out I have to say something quick", Emily says hopping up making her frizzy hair bounce around her shoulders. "I can smell my mate, ever since I crossed the border I could faintly smell lemons, like how weird is that? I literally have a hatred for lemonade so-", Zach cut her off with a laugh, "So it's not Orion?".
She grimaced, "No, the smell is faint but it's a lot stronger in this house, is there anyone else that comes here often but someone I haven't met?".
Cassie smiled, "Usually just us, Adam the Beta but he's away and should be back any moment and two warriors called Justin and Charlie".
Emily battered her eyelashes, "Mmmm a Charlie sounds nice to me, who's hottest?", she said gripping Cassie's forearms in excitement, "Okay Em, first of all you're hurting me and second I don't like any of them, only one is fit to me".
Zach rolled his eyes which she caught in the corner of her eye making her growl, she was annoyed at him, he was so childish and Leo was just as bad. Emily jumped up and down, "That reminds me we HAVE to talk about your hunk of a man. An Alpha too! God you're a lucky one, Cassie bear", Cassie growled, only she could say those things about her Alpha. Emily raised her eyebrows and smiled knowing she hit a nerve, she was starting to act very familiar to a certain someone..... She continued to ramble on but mainly focused on Zach thankfully, Cassie noticed a change in mood but she also knew it wasn't her's. She heard Leo wandering off, he was giving off a lot of anger and it was weird for her to feel it. They hadn't mated or marked each other yet so their connection shouldn't be this strong but she couldn't care at this point. She wanted to go to her Alpha.
"Hey guys I'm going to turn in for the night okay? It's getting late and I'm really tired, there's a bedroom next to Zach's that's free Em", she said walking out knowing exactly where she was headed. She heard Emily muttering something about ordering the pack around already but she blocked it out, her Leo needed her.

It took her a while to actually get up the courage to go see him, the idea of him made her nervous as heck but she wanted to help him, after pacing outside the corridor she knocked on his bedroom door which was becoming all too familiar, "You know that this is your house too? You don't have to knock on our bedroom door". She walked in and her cheeks were flushed pink with embarrassment, "This is your bedroom I just want to respect-", she looked up after shutting the door to see his amazing abs right in front of her. Leo smirked knowing he was affecting her so badly, "See something you like?".
Her eyes bulged, "Uh- I-", she stumbled fumbling with the hem of her shirt. "I was hoping you would come", Leo said leaning to place his forehead on her's. She exhaled slowly at the proximity, she was loving the attention but had never been this close to someone.
"I could feel your emotions, how?", she breathed.
He smiled, "I have no idea but I'm loving it. Only because I can feel how much you're loving my body against yours".
Cassie made a small smile and blushed profusely, she was always cold hearted, angry and distrusting of people and these feelings of love, intimacy and having the bond of a mate was making her go crazy. "I just wanted to say.... thank you for putting your trust in me. I hope I haven't broken it", he whispered in her ear running his bottom lip across her jaw bone making her shiver against him. "Not yet... Thank you for not taking advantage of my trust in you", she whispered back.
"Of course, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you my sweet mate", he said holding her chin between his fingers, he was leaning in to kiss her and Cassie's heart was racing as she surprisingly found herself leaning in to him too........
"IM BACK BITCHES AND I WANT THOSE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES IVE BEEN SMELLING ALL THE WAY HOME".

~

My baby is back, I kind of feel annoyed at myself for stopping the smut but hey. That's life chica's. Please follow my profile for notified updates, rate and comment if you liked it. 😊

~