Chapter 14

"They're psycho Leo", Adam says with his hands running through his hair. They had been doing a debrief of the ambush for the past few hours but it was all a mess. "I know Adam but you must be able to remember something, anything of value?", Leo asks frustrated. Emily and Zach had also come down to join the discussion as Emily's presence was calming Adam down whilst he tried to talk about the ambush and Zach was curious.
"All I remember is driving back and the boys in the car up front had stopped suddenly as a wolf jumped in front of them, they spun out and we stopped to help them and we were pinned down", he says tiredly rubbing his eyes.
An equally tired and frustrated Cassie speaks up, "Did you see a black wolf? Did any of them shift and try to talk to anyone? Is there nothing else?".
Adam shook his head, "I don't remember seeing anything like that, I was pinned by this white and black wolf, come to think of it, it looked like a panda it was so fat". The remark made Emily chuckle in the corner but one look from Leo made her stop. A silence brushed over them as they tried to understand the information but they all came up empty.
"I think we should stop for now, we are just going in circles", Orion suggest leaning again the door.
Leo nodded, "Okay, Orion I want you to take Justin and Charlie and separate into groups and have a double patrol around the perimeter at all times, I don't want to risk anything. Take turns in shifts". Orion nodded once and left without a word, "Adam I want you to rest for today to let yourself heal then I want you to contact the Alpha Sam at Moonlight and ask them what they think and see if the other packs have had anything similar happen to them", Adam nodded and walked out but not before he stole another glance at his mate with a wide smile making her blush.
"Cassie, can you stay here with Zach and Emily? You're free to do what you like but if you leave the house, tell me", he ordered. She raised her eyebrow at the order but she knew it was better not to argue, he was just trying to protect them and he was on edge as it was without an argument.
"What will you be doing?", Cassie asks.
"I'll be doing training with the left over pack members, if something happens I want everyone to be prepared", he says before starting to walk out.
Cassie comes up behind him and touches his shoulder, "Be careful, I'm happy to stay here - for now - but I want to be in the loop", she says giving him a kiss on the cheek earning a smile.
"Of course my Luna", he says with a smile walking out the front door. It was silent for a moment before Zach piped up, "Slumber party time!". He darted out of the door up to his room to change into his pjs, "He never changes does he?", Emily says with a giggle following his lead.

~

Tears were freely flowing in the living room when Adam walked in, "Is everything okay?", he asked concerned seeing Emily's tears in particular. "No! Stitch is dead for goddess sakes, Dickhead!", She yelled at him, they had been watching a marathon of Lilo and Stitch movies and they couldn't stop crying.
"Who's idea was this?", Zach said wiping his tears and scoffing chocolate ice cream down his face. Cassie scoffs holding back her tears which were daring to spill, "Yours you idiot. I can't believe you convinced us to watch this".
Adam giggled and joined them on the L shaped sofa, "Why are you so upset about it?".
Emily looks at him with a fiery look, "BECAUSE OHANA IS FAMILY", she shouted in his face making him shriek in surprise.
Adam raised his hands in surrender, "I'm sorry!", he squeaked making Cassie and Zach giggle.
"I came to ask if you guys were hungry, I was going to order a takeaway before I started calling other packs", Adam suggested trying to make peace.
Emily jumped for joy, "Yes yes yes! I want meatball pizza!".
Adam laughed, "I'm so glad you said that, so what pizza do people want?".
"A Hawaiian for me", Zach requests making everyone raise an eyebrow, "Really? Pineapple on pizza?", Adam questions, he rolls his eyes and writes down his order of a meat pizza as well, "I'll just have a margarita with extra cheese", Cassie asks. Adam nods before leaving the room to order the food, "So Emily... have you actually spoke to him yet?", Zachary asks wanting in on the gossip. She sighs deeply continuing to eat her vanilla ice cream, "No I'm too afraid, what if he doesn't like me? That I'm not what he expected?".
Cassie gives her a look that is obviously saying "Are you fucking stupid?", Cassie rolls her eyes and munches on her favourite raspberry ripple ice cream, "Listen here missy, Adam is lovely and has a heart of gold, he just wants people to be happy and only asks for love and respect. He doesn't care what you look like even though you are a hottie! I demand you go and meet him and stop being a coward, as the daughter of an Alpha it's completely unlike you!", Cassie says ending her speech dramatically. Emily and Zach kept looking back and forth between each other during the shocking outburst, Cassie raised her eyebrow and coughed making Emily leap from her seat and follow in the direction Adam went. Cassie sat down again and snuggled up to her brother who was still in shock at the outburst, "What was that about?", he asked.
She shrugged, "I want them both to be happy and she just needed a kick up the ass".
Zach laughed and they continued to enjoy the film until the food arrived and everyone piled into the kitchen to grab pizza before someone ate it all, Orion walked in with Leo behind him, Cassie assumed Justin and Charlie must be on shift at the moment, Emily walked in a few minutes later with flustered cheeks and Adam behind her who was smiling like a kid of Christmas - she didn't want to know. "Is everything okay?", Cassie asked her Alpha mate. He nodded munching on his pizza, "Yes, the wolves currently on patrol say that they can smell rogues but haven't seen any sign of them - yet".
She nodded and the rest of the meal was finished in silence, Emily kept stealing glances at Adam making Cassie look quizzically between the two, Zach was happy in his own world chilling with his food coma and Leo and Orion seemed to be thinking about something troubling them, probably thinking of a plan to help us in our current situation. Suddenly, Leo stilled, hovering pizza between his mouth and plate before Adam, Leo and Orion jumped out of their seats and raced to the door.