Chapter 10

"Tell me what?", a confused Cassie said from the door making Leo whip around in a panic.
"Nothing, Cassie. Right now we need to focus on what happened to Zach", Leo said stuttering.
Cassie crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows, "I agree but don't think I'm forgetting this, if you want me to trust you I need you to be honest".
Leo could see Zach smirking at him evilly from the bed making Leo growl at his continued disrespect, "I don't care if you're my mates brother, if you continue to disrespect me on my own land you can fend for yourself", Leo said going to storm out.
"Will you two knock it the fuck off?!", Cassie growled from the door. She could see Leo's fiery golden eyes as Asher started to shine through, he was going to do something severe if he didn't get out of this situation, "Why don't you go find Adam? I wanted him to meet Zach", Cassie said trying to keep calm.
"If he's anything like your prick of a mate don't bother", Zach quips. That's it, he's screwed, Leo lets out a terrifyingly deep growl and lunges for Zach causing him to growl and start to get out of bed but Cassandra was way ahead of him. Before Leo could get close, Cassie shifted into Tala and pounced on top of Leo. Tala was in full control as she pushed firmly on Leo's chest with her paws. Leo had lost it, he was sick of the disrespect in his own home, using his strength he pinned Cassie back down to the floor and shifted into his massive chocolate wolf, Cassie and Leo bared their teeth at each other in anger. Leo may be the Alpha but Cassie was the future Luna, their fiery tempers matched and neither was backing down. Cassie started to fight back and they tussled on the floor of the hospital completely oblivious to the commotion they were creating and the new observers to their.... disagreement.
"What the fuck is going on?", Orion shouted jumping into the room with Justin and Charlie. Orion was clearly pissed with their childish outburst but Justin and Charlie were smirking like devils obviously enjoying the Alpha being challenged especially by his own mate. Zach was panicking on the bed but there wasn't much he could do, Doc had come in and was keeping him on the bed to stop him re-injuring himself but he was desperate to help his sister although... she didn't need it. Somehow she was holding her own, maybe it was the mate pull stopping Asher from hurting Tala but either way, she was beating his ass. No blood was drawn but it didn't make the encounter any less frightening watching claws and teeth scrape against the other. Everybody was frozen watching the Luna and Alpha fight and also too afraid to intervene but they knew someone had to stop it before it got out of hand.
"Alpha please", Orion started but was cut off by a deep angry growl from Leo, Cassie was going to have to submit before he would stop. Cassie wasn't going to stop until he submitted, they were stuck in a never ending loop demanding respect from each other. The snarls and scrapes were becoming more frequent as the encounter became gradually more heated and there was nothing anyone could do to stop it, "Submit, little wolf", Asher growled in Tala's head. She snarled back, "You attacked my brother! I'm not submitting for shit!", she said back angrily. They were surprised their mind link worked as they aren't part of the same pack and mate's mind link is only supposed to work after mating is completed, so how were they communicating? Tala ignored the thought as Asher pinned her to the ground holding her shoulders down with his paws. "I'm you're Alpha, you WILL respect me", he growled. She bearded his teeth at him, "You're my mate, you should respect me as well, if we are to be together we need to be equals!", she demanded. Both wolves were panting hard during the scuffle and were stuck butting heads, she could see in his eyes that Leo was trying to tame Asher and Cassie tried to control Tala but their prides overruled. "He needs to respect who's house he is in, I tolerated his disrespect long enough!". She softly growled, "I agree but that doesn't mean you attack him! You consult me!". He huffed and rolled his eyes, gently releasing the pressure off her body letting her sit up, "Speak to the stupid wolf, tell him he has had his final warning", Asher said storming out the door leaving the pack speechless behind him.

~

Leo ran out of the room before more chaos ensued, he never meant to upset Cassie, her brother was just such an asshole. "I'm tired of not receiving the respect we deserve, we are the Alpha, our mate needs to do as WE say", Asher growls as he wanders aimlessly in the forest around the lake. "Calm Asher, we can talk sense into Cassie later but she can't see us like this", he tried to reason with his fierce wolf but to no avail. He was just as much of a stubborn asshole as Zach was. Leo was spending all his time trying to figure out how he was going to make this up to his mate, she was going to hate him, he was terrified his beautiful little wolf was going to reject him but he wouldn't let that happen. Suddenly, Leo heard a twig snap behind him, the Alpha whipped around to find Loki, Orion's brown and grey wolf trotting behind him, "Sorry Alpha, I tried communicating with you but I think you were distracted", Loki said walking beside him. "Was their something you needed, Gamma?", Asher said sophisticatedly, obviously not in the mood to mess around. "Cassie is not happy. Zach is egging her on as we speak I would assume", Loki mumbles. Asher growls at the disrespect yet again, "Gamma, I have a question for you, do you think I'm a worthy Alpha? Am I loyal to my pack?", he asked. Loki nodded quickly whilst jumping over a puddle, "Of course, Alpha. You'd die for anyone of us." Alpha Leo hummed, "So what should I do in this situation? I want to protect my mate and keep her happy but we demand respect from all including that pest of a brother". Orion was his best advisor in conflict, it's why he is the head of the warriors. Leo felt Orion talking directly in his head allowing the wolves to take their own paths through the woods, "Leo, Cassie is half your soul and the reason for your happiness. After your sister... she might be the only thing that CAN make you happy. You need to work this out with them both, obviously you can't do it without her. But first things first you need to apologise to Cassie." He always knew what to do and knew what his next steps were, "How can I apologise but make it sound sincere? I was an asshole so I doubt she'd take it seriously", Leo grumbled. Orion chuckled, "She seems to like the lake, do something romantic. You know... something you wouldn't normally do". Leo smiled slightly, he knew he was just trying to cheer him up and it was working, they began devising a plan...

~

"We can go to the moonlight pack, Sam and Leah would protect us even from your pain in the ass mate", Zach said, he was trying come up with a stupid plan that she wasn't going to follow. Justin and Charlie we're outside the room guarding in case Cassie or Zach tried something stupid - exactly what Zach was planning to do. "Zach stop being silly I'm not leaving, you're so melodramatic", she said rolling her eyes. Zach was now sitting up and more moody than before, "He is a psycho, you cannot stay here and you need to reject him before it's too late!", he exclaimed. Cassie continued to roll her eyes, "I plan to do no such thing, yes he has a temper, yes he is hot headed and an asshole but so are you. You're both too similar and that's why you argue". Zach just scoffed and turned to face her directly, "What do you even see in him? Out of all the bad things you just said about him, name a good thing". Cassie smiled, "He's loyal, he didn't have to come save your sorry ass, he didn't have to take care of me, some mates abuse their partners but he looks after me, plus many more which I'm sure I will discover in time", she said simply. Zach rolled his eyes, "You are like a love sick puppy, drooling over an Alpha who just wants a booty call", he sneered. Cassie looked at him with wide and upset eyes, "Thanks for that.... I'm going to go find Adam", she shakily stood up feeling more upset over her brother's words than her fight with Leo. He was her best friend and family, everything he did had an impact on her more than anybody. "Cass, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that!", he said wanting to go after her but knowing he couldn't leave the bed yet. She walked solemnly out of the house and down towards the lake, she was sick of the arguing. Cassandra just wanted peace for the first time since before the attack on the Midnight pack. Why was that so much to ask for? The sun was starting to set and the purple and pink candy floss of light streamed over the lake causing reflective beauty throughout the forest pines.
"It's beautiful isn't it?", a voice said behind her, she knew instantly who it was. Leo moved slowly beside her, "I wanted to take you somewhere, if you'd let me", he said with his emerald eyes shimmering down at her stormy grey ones. She nodded and walked with him closer to the lake but as they wandered further away from the house and deeper in the woods with the lake to their side, she smelt delicious foods, cheeses with fruits mixed together creating an explosion of goodness. Her eyes lit up as they came across a picnic set up on the small beach, it was just out of sight from the pack houses so they had some privacy. "It was about time I made my mate aware of how much she means to me", Leo whispered in her ear from behind.

~

Hey guys! Sorry for the delayed update, I was quite busy this week! Please share the story with your friends. Follow for notified updates, vote and comment to see more! What do you think of Asher?

~