It's always drama

Monday morning I found myself in my office. I was working on new cases but I couldn't really concentrate. I kept thinking about Alec and Saturday night. After he left I had a few more drinks and at some point David took us home.

On Sunday I had a hangover and therefore stayed in bed most of the time. I haven't talked to Celine yet, so I haven't told her about Alec yet. I don't know what happened to the blonde guy either.

I looked up when someone came through the door. It was Celine who smiled at me. I smiled back slightly and closed my files. She sat on the sofa and sighed.

"Well, how are you feeling?" she asked.

"A little tired." I let her know. "What about you?" I asked. She sighed again.

"I still had a headache this morning. Can you believe that?" she asked and I laughed. "I mean, I know I was pretty drunk, but it was limited." she said laughing.

"I haven't seen you most of the time, so I can't judge that." I explained. "How did it go with your guy?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders.

"We made out, but only for a short time. He was kind of weird." She said. I laughed. It is not uncommon for us to meet some creeps."But what about you? I only saw you alone." She said. Well, most of the time I was alone to be honest.

"Well, there was this guy. His name is Alec." I told her. Celine grinned at me with interest in her eyes.

"You even know his name? Most of the time you don't even ask about it. Tell me more." she said.

"Well, I was sitting at the bar and he spoke to me. We talked and oh my god, he looks damn good." I raved. I had to smile at the memory of him and his lips.

"You mean really hot?" she asked and I sighed.

"He wasn't just hot, I mean, he was, but he was just... beautiful." I explained and Celine looked at me in surprise. "Anyway, we started flirting and then I kissed him. It was really intense. Not like always. It was somehow different." I explained.

"Woah, I never thought I would hear something like that from your mouth ever again." She said. "You drove home with me, so does that mean nothing more happened?" she asked and I nodded.

"He said that he doesn't intend to sleep with me. Then he gave me his number and left." I explained. Celine raised her eyebrow.

"You exchanged numbers?" she asked and I nodded. "Have you already messaged him?" she asked. I shook my head. I wanted to, but I didn't know what to say. Somehow it was a lot harder than usual. "What are you waiting for?" she asked.

"I don't know, Cel. What should I say?" I asked. She rolled her eyes.

"It doesn't matter, dude. He wants you to message him anyway, otherwise he wouldn't have given you his number." She said. I sighed and took my phone. She is probably right. I searched for his contact and typed a messaged.

Alec

Hey, it's me, Magnus!
Monday; 08:34 a.m.

Now I just have to wait for an answer. Who knows, maybe he won't even message me back. I put my phone away and opened my files again.

"Have you already got through the Saturday and Sunday files?" asked Celine. I shook my head.

"I'm working on it. There have been more and more crimes lately." I said and Celine nodded. That meant more and more work for us.

"However, our favorite criminal seemed quiet at the weekend." Celine noted. This was true. So far I haven't read anything from him.

"Who knows how long that will last." I answered. There was a knock on the door and Lukas entered. We knew what that meant. "What is it?" I asked.

"Bodily harm and theft. A woman was attacked by a group of guys on the street." explained Lukas. I nodded and got up. Lukas gave us the address and Celine and I made us on the way.

I kept wondering how people could do something like that. Attack a woman and also take all her stuff. What is going on in some minds?

When we arrived the ambulance was already here and they looked after the woman. Celine and I went to her. She seemed pretty scared and no one can blame her.

We interviewed her and she told us the whole process. She was about to go shopping when a man grabbed her from behind. Two other men came and touched her entire bodies, searching for her valuables. She couldn't fight back because the man from behind was still holding her.

After they had everything, they threw the woman to the ground, which is why she also had a injury on her head. I took notes. She described the criminals to me. As far as I know, our most wanted was not among them.

After we had everything and the woman was taken to the hospital and we drove back to the police station. There still seemed to be a lot of work. I sat in my chair and pulled my phone out of my pocket. In fact, I had received a message from Alec.

Alec

Hey, it's me, Magnus!
Monday; 08:34 a.m.

Hey, Magnus!
I thought you wouldn't
message me anymore.
09:23 a.m.

Oh no, I just didn't feel
very good on Sunday.
11:02 a.m.

Too much alcohol? 😂
11:03 a.m.

Yeah.. 😅
11:03 a.m.

Well, you seemed pretty
sober when I talked to you.
11:03 a.m.

but your lips tasted like tequila.
11:03 a.m.

Your lips didn't taste
innocent either.
11:03 a.m.

Busted.
11:04 a.m.

You know, I thought
maybe we could meet
again sometime.
11:04 a.m.

Only if you want, of course.
11:04 a.m.

You mean like a date..?
11:04 a.m.

Yeah.
11:04 a.m.

Sure, I'd love to!
11:05 a.m.

So how about tomorrow night?
11:05 a.m.

I'll take you out.
11:05 a.m.

Oh, where?
11:05 a.m.

Send me your address
and I'll pick you up.
11:06 a.m.

A gentleman, I see.
11:06 a.m.

I like it personal.
11:06 a.m.

Sure. I'll send you my
location, when I'm home.
11:06 a.m.

Great!
11:06 a.m.

„Why are you smiling like that? It's weird." Celine said. I put my phone away and smiled at her.

„Alec just asked me out." I answered and she looked at me shocked.

„Wait, Magnus freaking Bane has a date?" she asked and I nodded. I guess so. „Oh my god, someone punch me right in the face because this can't be real." she said. I rolled my eyes.

„Shut up, don't make such a drama." I said.

„It is drama! It's always drama!" she said and I just laughed.