He doesn't deserve you.

"Come on, Mags." said Celine, throwing a pillow at me. However, I did not respond. "How long are you going to mourn Alexander?" she asked.

"Until I think it's enough." I mumbled and pulled the blanket over my head. It's been a week since Alec wrote me this message. That was the last thing I heard from him. I didn't even know where he lived, so there was nothing I could do.

It kind of broke my heart. Okay, not just kind of, it broke my heart. I couldn't explain it all. Did he just want sex? That wouldn't make any sense, because he was the one who said a month ago that he didn't want sex with me. What had I done wrong?

I just thought that maybe he was the right one. He was always so cute and it was so... easy. There was no stress. He didn't have an ex that made life hell for us or anything. It was just perfect. Until he decided to leave my life out of nowhere. I felt Celine sit down on the bed next to me and put her hand on my shoulder, which was covered by the blanket.

"I know he meant a lot to you, but hiding all day unless you have to work doesn't get you anywhere." Celine explained. I pouted off my blanket. Celine looked at me with a sad smile.

"Is it because of me?" I asked and she looked at me confused. "Is everyone running away from me?" I asked and Celien sighed. I had exactly this feeling.

"No, don't blame yourself." she said. "He does not deserve you." she added. I sighed. I wish I could believe that. "I swear if I can get my hands on him, it‚ll be his last day." She said.

"It's okay." I said. "I think I'll just be sad until the next Mr. Beautiful is there." I replied and ran a hand through my hair. Why are relationships always so exhausting?

"We have night shifts today and we have to pursue this man. So I need you to do the job." She said. I sighed and nodded. Right, today we might finally get this mug. That would cheer me up a little. "I'm going to order pizza now and we're going to watch a comedy, okay?" she asked and I nodded, even though I wasn't in the right mood.

*************

At half past six we stood with a car on the side of the road. We guarded a man who had recently robbed a woman. He was arrested but released because the deposit was paid. We were standing in front of the pandemonium because the man was probably having a drink.

We waited outside because the mug we were looking for would not attack him in the pandemonium. There are too many people there. So we had to wait outside for him to leave the pandemonium. Somehow it hurt to be here. I had met Alexander here. Here our lips touched for the first time.

"Stop thinking about him, Magnus!" said Celine and punched my shoulder. I gave a low "ouch" and rubbed the painful area. She looked at me angrily. How did she even know?

"How can I not?" I asked, pointing to the pandemonium. "I can't just erase him from my head." I said and she sighed.

"Nobody wants that from you, but at least you can try not to do it." she answered. I shrugged my shoulders. If only it were that easy. "What do we actually do when the guy comes out? Are we driving or going after him?" she asked. It was always difficult.

If he leaves, it is too conspicuous to drive after him, but if he later gets into a car, we cannot follow him because our car is somewhere else. However, he didn't seem to be driving the whole time, so why should he now?

"We're leaving, I think he'll go home." I said and she nodded. It was always boring to wait because you never knew how long we would wait. Maybe a couple of hours, maybe a few minutes.

We sat in the car for about another 30 minutes until the man finally came out of the pandemonium. I pushed Celine to make her aware of him. Now we would have to follow him.We waited until he was a little far away so it wasn't too noticeable and then got out.

We followed him as quietly as possible. We had no uniforms, of course, because that too would bring a lot attention. He was walking down the streets and so far it has been pretty quiet. Nothing special. We walked for a while and when he went into a remote alley we stopped and hid. Another man was standing in the alley. A man in a black hoodie. I couldn't see his face, cause his hood hid it. Was he the criminal we're searching for?

We stayed behind the house wall so that he could not see us but we could still look. The man we were watching walked along and the man in the black hoodie at first only seemed to lean against the wall. As if he had no evil intentions.

That changed when he started to move and pushed the man we were watching against the wall. You could see that he wasn't expecting it because he looked pretty scared. All I could see of the criminal was his black hair. It has to be him.

"Interesting how relaxed you walk around here, even though you know we're after you and your people." said the criminal. Now he seemed rather angry and no longer afraid. Did they know each other? Did he know each of his victims?

"You may have me, but you won't be able to stop us and you know why?" asked the one who was pressed against the wall provocatively. "Because you're all just pussies." he said and then our wanted criminal took out and punched him in the face. Celine looked at me. That was our sign to intervene.

I took my gun out of my pocket. The plan was like this, I looked after the wanted criminal and Celine looked after the other.

"Police, hands up!" I called and Celine and came forward. I aimed my gun at the mug I was looking for, even if I wasn't going to shoot. Both of them looked at me surprisingly. That was the moment when the eyes of the wanted criminal and mine met. My heart dropped when I saw who it was. Alexander.

His expression was shocked and sad somehow. Really quickly, he looked away again and ran away. It would be my job to run after him or shoot him in the leg so that he couldn't run away, but I couldn't. I just stood there and slowly let my gun down, looking after him, as he ran away.