Leave me alone!

I got a special question for y'all: Is anyone of you living in the USA? I'd be really interested and I might need some advices :)
_______________________________

The person grabbed me by my wrists and pulled me to him. I still had my eyes closed.

"Magnus, calm down!" said a familiar voice. I opened my eyes and saw Alec looking at me in confusion. I took a deep breath. Tears flowed down my cheek. "What's wrong?" he asked but I wrapped my arms around him and pulled myself against him. I wasn't alone. I felt him slowly stroking my head. But wait, the man out there is still here.

"Magnus, what's up?" he asked. I let go of him and said "Shhh". He just looked at me in confusion.

"There's someone outside." I said softly. "And he has a gun." I added. Alec frowned, but when he heard something falling down outside, he grabbed my arm and pulled me to the bathroom next door.

He locked both doors and turned to me. It was dark, I only saw a little light shining in from the small window. The tears of fear were still flowing, even if I didn't want them to. I couldn't help it. Alec also seemed a little nervous.

"What did you see?" he asked in a whisper. I tried to breathe calmly to explain it to him.

"I- I spoke to Celine on the phone and then I heard noises. I- I thought it was one of you, but he had a mask on and a flashlight and a gun in his hand." I explained anxiously and stuttering. Alec came closer to me and put his two hands on my cheeks. His hands were cool and my face was warm.

"Calm down, I'm here and I won't let anything happen to you." he said. I took a deep breath.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I asked, placing my hands on his, which were still on my cheek.

"I wanted to get a list of places where we could find gang members. When I came in. I didn't see anyone and I wanted to see if you were sleeping, which is why I came to your room." he explained to me. Weird that he looked for me but okay. I won't complain.

"Where are the others?" I asked. He gave his hands away, even if I wanted to feel them there forever.

"They went on. We wanted to meet on a certain street." he said. Crap.

"Do you have your phone with you?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No, I have it in the other jacket and it hangs at the entrance." he let me know. Oh, that would be too risky.

"My phone is in my room, I can get it quickly!" I said, after all, I only had to get out of the bathroom for a short time. Alec shook his head.

"The guy could come into the room any time, I'm not just letting you out of there." he said.

"I can do it. I'll hurry and you can see me from here." I said. "Trust me." I said. He considered for a while, but then nodded. I turned around, but he was still holding my wrist.

"Take care of yourself." he said. I nodded and my body tingled. Maybe he still cared about me. Even if just a bit.

I slowly opened the door and saw that there was no one in my room. I quietly went to my room, to my bedside table and picked up my phone. My eyes fell on the door when I heard someone coming closer to the door. Oh no, fuck.

I hurriedly turned to Alec and gestured for him to close the door while I hid under the bed. I didn't see him, but I could hear the door to my room opening. I could also see the flashlight. Now all I had to do was pray that he wouldn't look under the bed.

What did he want? Was he one of the mortal east side? I heard him go around. At some point I heard him try to open the bathroom door. Shit no. Alec had locked up, but the man kicks the door that I'm afraid he'll break it. What now?

I had to do something. Slowly came out of the bed and reached for the small lamp that was on the table. I tried to make it all as quiet as possible because he was standing with his back to me. I approached him and just as he opened the door and I wanted to hit this lamp on his head, he turned and held my hand. Oh shit. He slapped the lamp out of my hand and pushed me. I fell to the floor and he came up to me.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted loudly. I crawled back, but he grabbed my ankle to pull me closer. He came down to me and put his hand around my neck. Oh, shit, that's bad. He choked me and I could hardly breathe. I could see his eyes, they were green with a little blue dot in them. The rest was covered by the mask.

He kept choking me until I heard glass shatter. His grip became loose and he passed out on me. I took a deep breath. Holy shit. I saw Alec push this man away from me and came to me. He put his hand on my cheek and breathed out in relief when he looked into my eyes.

"Are you all right?" he asked and I sat up. I nodded and looked around. Alec must have smashed a vase on his head. "Why did you do that?" he asked angrily and helped me up.

"The guy had just opened the bathroom door!" I said. "I wanted to help you." I added. He laughed and I frowned.

"I could have just gone on to my room." he explained to me. Oh, that's right. I didn't think about that.

"I was afraid, I couldn't think about it!" I said. He laughed in relief and pulled me into a hug. I returned the hug, of course, and pulled him close to me. I missed his closeness so much. I just couldn't interpret these signs.

"Never do that again." he said and released me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Never put my life before yours again." he said. "Never again." he said sternly. I frowned.

"Wouldn't you do it for me?" I asked.

"Of course I would!" he said seriously.

"Why?" I asked, but he couldn't answer that. Why would he put my life before his when he has no feelings for me anymore?

"I-"

"Dudeeee, what happened here?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned and there was Blake, Elliott and Nick. "Why is there a stranger on the floor?" asked Elliott.

"What are you doing here?" Alec asked. Blake turned on the light. "The guy broke in," said Alec.

"Why do I always miss the exciting things?" Elliott asked and I grinned.

"He almost chocked me, so it wasn't that exciting." I said with a grin and Nick looked at me worriedly.

"Are you alright?" Nick asked and I nodded. Blake walked up to the guy and pulled his mask down. I had never seen him before. Then he looked at his wrist.

"He doesn't have a tattoo, so he's just a bastard who wanted our valuables." Blake said. I think that was good. "At least we don't have to move." he said. Right.

"We'll take care of him." said Nick and the others nodded. What were you up to? The guy was still alive and I hoped it would stay that way.

"I'm cleaning up." I said. Uff, why do such things happen again and again?