You two deserve each other.

Good Morning! I hope u aren't mad at me after this chapter, there's still hope hahaha. Thank you for 6.000 readers!
I hope you're all doing good! 🧚🏻‍♀️
__________________________

*Magnus POV*

Alec, Nick and Jace were sitting in front of me. Hannah was sitting next to me, sipping her coffee. We talked about a lot of things and I also got to know Jace well. I was very surprised that Jace and Alec knew each other. Did he know about Alec's "business"?

I looked at Alec and have to admit that he looks very tense. He didn't seem to like the situation. I wondered what they were talking about when they were gone. I took my last sip and cleared my throat.

"Well, maybe we should go then." I suggested and Alec nodded eagerly. I thought it would be better to get Alec out of this uncomfortable situation.

"Yes, you are right." Jace replied, looking at his watch. "I have to pick up Clary from yoga anyway." he said. Jace seemed very nice to me. He seems to have a good life with his fiancee. We all got up. "I'm happy to finally got to know you." Jace said to me. "And nice to finally see you again!" he said to Alec, who only nodded.

We paid for the coffee and Jace brought us home before picking up Clary. When I got home I went to my room. I forgot to call Celine and I am sure that she will be angry. I took my phone and dialed her number.

"Mags? What an honor." she said and I sighed. I sat on the bed.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I forgot to call you." I admitted. "We arrived pretty late and talked for ages." I explained to her.

"It's fine, I already thought so." she answered. "Did you see your father?" she asked with interest. I nodded until I realized that she couldn't see it.

"Yes, yes I have." I answered her question. "He doesn't look good." I let her know and I could hear her sigh. "He is artificially ventilated." I explained.

"I'm sorry, Mags." she said. "How are you?" she asked worriedly. I sighed and let myself fall backwards.

"I'm okay." I answered. "I just hope that he will wake up." I explained. "Are you all well in New York?" I asked.

"Yes, everything is fine. We are working on the plan." she explained to me. "By the time you are back, I think everything is in order and Operation Liam can start." She said. I smiled a little.

"At least some good news." I replied and she laughed a little. There was a knock on the door and Alec came in. He looked at me and I pointed to my phone. "Celine, I have to hang up. I love you." I said and after she also said goodbye, I hung up. "Hey," I said softly, sitting up again.

"Hey." he said. He seemed pretty thoughtful. As if something was bothering him. "I need to talk to you about something." he said. I pointed to the place next to me and he sat down. "We can't take James with us. We have to get him off the plan." he explained and I frowned.

"What why?" I asked confused. He looked away.

"He's my sister's boyfriend." he noted. Yes, I already knew that. "I thought that if only James came along, it wouldn't be a problem, but Jace knows Izzy!" he explained.

"So what? That doesn't mean James can't come with us?" I answered confused.

"No, because Jace will tell Izzy that he met me. This means that she will meet me. James will know that I am Isabelle's brother, so Izzy knows what I'm doing." he explained. That made sense. "Please, we can't take James with us. A brother more or less doesn't matter." he said.