Awh, is he a newbie?

Good Morning! I just needed to say that I really appreciate all votes & comments even though I don't answer on the comments, since I don't really know what. I always read them and I love to read those comments. It gives me a lot of inspiration and motivation so thank you!
____________________________

As soon as everyone was done, we left our luxurious apartment and went back to the streets. I had almost forgotten this part. The dangerous part. The part why everything is not fun here and why everything goes wrong.

The sun was already going down. It was awesome how quickly time passed. It feels like I just woke up. We drove a long time and made a few stopovers, but it didn't feel that long.

I saw that most of them were now wearing a black hoodie. Alec too. Why did I never notice that back then? I was looking for a criminal who was in front of me all the time. Did he know, that I was searching for him?

I walked behind everyone. That was probably better because I didn't even know what we were looking for. I would just walk past it.

"How do you know they're from the Mortal east side?" I asked. After all, there are several people here.

"They have a sword tattoo on their wrist." Blake said. I frowned. "You wouldn't recognize that, but we now know what to look out for. You will learn that someday." Blake said. Okay, it made sense.

"And how do I recognize you, the shadowhunters?" I asked. Nick pulled his sweater down a bit so I could see his collarbone a little. There was a tattoo there.

"It's called an angel rune." he said. "The legend of the Shadowhunters said that runes gave them strength." he said. So the shadowhunters are said to have actually existed? Maybe I'll google that.

"Why doesn't Alec have one?" I asked without thinking. Alec turned to me and looked rather surprised. Oh yeah I should actually not be supposed to know that. "I mean, I would never have noticed it on him." I added.

"Alec is the only one of us who doesn't have one so that it's not easy to recognize him." Nick said. "That's why he mostly travels and searches alone, but he needs help with some things, such as here." said Nick.

"Then why do you all have one like that? Wouldn't it be easier to have none?" I asked. Nick nodded.

"Every Gang needs a sign. Something where you can recognize them on. That's the way it is and actually everyone sticks to it. It's just a clever move of us." Nick said.

"And Alec will get his rune once we have Liam." said Elliott with a smile. "You too, if you intend to stay." he said. Alec turned and looked at Elliott angrily.

"Oh, no, I won't." I said. "I want to go back to my old life." I said now. Elliott nodded.

"I thought so, but you still have a place with us." he said. I smiled. Even if Alec and Blake didn't want me with them, Nick and Elliott gave me a feeling of friendship.

"Stop!" Blake said now and stopped. What was going on? We went aside a little so that we stood behind a house wall. "There are some." he noted. I looked a little ahead and saw two guys standing in a remote street. How did they know?

"What's the plan?" asked Elliott. I felt that it was going to be ugly now.

"Me and Blake go. You stay here." said Alec. Elliott and Nick looked at him in confusion.

"What? Why? They're two. If we go, they're more intimidated." Nick said. He was right. That's how it was with the police during interrogation. The more the better.

"You have to stay with Magnus!" said Alec. Aha, so that's what it was about. So I'm being treated like a baby again.

"I can take care of myself, I'm a fucking cop!" I said annoyed now. "I will not cause trouble! I can help." I said. Alec rolled his eyes.

"No, Magnus you-"

"Leave him, Alec. He'll do it. We don't have time for that now. You know how it works. Magnus, watch and learn!" Blake said and Alec looked at him angrily. Why didn't Alec trust me? Even Blake trusts me.

So we started. Together we went to these two people. The closer we got, the more I could see their tattoo on the wrist. So they were right. The guys turned to us and smiled devilish. I was nervous because I didn't know what was going to happen.

"It smells like Shadowhunters." said one of the two guys. So they recognized us right away.

"Good sense of smell." Blake said. Everyone stood in front of me. I was more in the back. It was probably better that way. I wondered why Mortal east side was so big and Alec's gang was so small.

"What is it that brings you to New York? Don't you dogs usually tend to be in small towns?" said the other. Dogs? Wow.

"Oh we thought we were going to visit beautiful New York." said Elliott. "What a coincidence to meet you here." he said.

"I see you are one more today." said one of the two and smiled at me. So they know each other? Otherwise he wouldn't know that I am new. He came a little closer to me, but Alec stopped him with his arm.

"Awh, is he a newbie? Is he under your protection? How cute, I'm almost crying." he said. Wow, I'm not even respected now. "Come on, I just want to greet him friendly. You know, he has to know who we are." he added. Nah, I don't think so, but thank you, I thought.

"Back off." said Alec, pushing him back a little. "We heard Liam is in town." Alec noted. The two looked at each other and laughed.

"So? What do you want to do with this information? New York is huge." Mr. Asshole let us know.

"We are aware of that, so you will give us more information." said Nick. The two laughed again. What was so funny?

"And what if not, dog?" asked Mr. Asshole number two. Alec took a step forward.

"Otherwise we'll punch you in the face." Alec aid and pushed him. Maybe not the best start, but I don't want to complain. They already have their techniques.

"Not if we beat you up first." one of the two said, took a swing and hit Alec in the face. I winced. My heart told me to go to him and knock that guy down, but my head tells me it's a very bad idea. Alec got up, wiped his mouth and smiled.

"Very bad idea." he said, indicating the others to go forward. Elliott, Blake and Nick went to the two and grabbed them. While Nick and Elliott held one together, Blake had to do it alone. I wanted to help him, but Alec gestured for me to stay behind. The guys couldn't move anymore.