We are called Shadowhunters.

Happy easter! 🐣 ❤️
_____________________________

We stopped about an hour later. We parked quite far away. There was nothing here. We all got out and closed the car doors. They talked a lot during the trip, but mostly about things that I didn't understand.

"Okay, listen. We're going to ask questions about this guy we're searching for. We need to be careful!" Blake said to me. I frowned. What is dangerous about it?

"What could go wrong?" I asked confused. After all, we only ask him a few things.

"He thinks we are the family of Liam, the leader of Mortal east side. If we make one small mistake, we would be screwed." Alec explained. Oh, well then. I nodded. "Stay in the background and don't ask questions. We'll do it." he said and I nodded.

So we entered a small, dirty shop that looked pretty old. It also seemed to sell old things. Antique things. I had a feeling that everything was stolen. Alec, Nick, Blake and Elliott were in front of me and I tried to stay further back.

I was a little nervous. What if he asked me anything? I wouldn't know what to answer. We stopped at the "cash desk" and Alec rang the little bell that stood on the table. A short time later a man with black hair came out.

His hair was disheveled and his eyes were adorned with mascara. As well as mine. He seemed very intimidating to me. I didn't want to know what he would do if that went wrong.

"There you are." said the stranger. The others seemed pretty calm. Aren't they nervous at all? "You're the brothers of Liam?" he asked. They nodded.

"Yes, I am Casper and this is Matt, Jonas, Thomas and James." Alec said and pointed to the respective people. So I was James. "We heard that you have some information about our brother." he said. So we pretend to be his brothers. Does he actually have that many brothers?

"Yes, I'm Sebastian. I didn't think you would ever want to have anything to do with him again. I thought you threw him out of the family?" he asked. So he actually had so many brothers. That's why I was useful, otherwise they would have one brother missing.

"Yes we did, but it was all a misunderstanding. Now, however, we are no longer in contact with him and cannot find him. Can you help us?" Alec asked. Alec seemed to be doing pretty well. The others trusted him on that.

"I have been friends with Liam for a long time. We have always been loyal to each other and I know how happy he would be if his brothers were ready to forgive him. Of course I will help you." said Sebastian. That actually seemed to be working.

"We know he's in a gang, what was it's name again?" Blake asked now. He knew the gang's name, of course, but he played his part.

"Mortal east side. Yes, he is still in the gang. He is the leader and he is very proud about that. The gang is big and spread out everywhere in this world, but you're lucky because he isn't very far." he said. I didn't even know what their plan was, but I think it would be good if we knew where this guy was.

"Perfect, could you maybe tell us where he is? We'd like to keep looking and we won't get very far without a trace." Nick asked now. Sebastian nodded.

"He's in New York. Three to four hours from here. Do you have paper and pen? Write down the address." he said. They looked at each other. Oh, I had some.

"Yes, I have some in my wallet, wait." I said now and reached for it. I always had a small pad in case I had to make any notes. Seems to be helpful once.

I got ahead and pulled out the little pad. When I did, however, my ID flew out and landed on the table. Not just any ID. My police ID. Sebastian looked at it and picked it up before I could. Shit, shit, shit.

"Officer Magnus Bane." sayed Sebastian. He quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. Ouch. He was definitely not gentle. He pulled a knife out of his pocket and held it to my throat. Oh shit.

He held me in a way that I couldn't defend myself. I looked at Alec and Nick. They both seemed nervous, while Blake was rather angry. I can understand. I messed it up, but at least I might be punished for it.

"Police, so?" said Sebastian. I could feel his breath on my neck. I got goose bumps. "Very clever of you. Pretending to be his family. I almost gave you the address." he said, pulling me a little tighter and closer to him.

"Let him go, he has nothing to do with it." Alec said and came a step closer, but stopped when Sebastian held the knife closer to my throat.

"It seems different to me." he said. "Who are you and what do you want from Liam?" he asked, but no one answered. I now felt the knife lying directly on my throat and he made a very small cut, which was not dangerous for me. I sighed.

"Stop!" Alec called out. "We are called Shadowhunters. We aren't cops, but he was one, that was a long time ago." he admitted now. Blake looked at him in amazement. I don't think he should have told who they were. "We don't want Liam anything bad. All we want is to connect with the Mortal east side and work together, but he doesn't want to get in touch because he thinks we want to stop him." he said. That was a lie, but a good one.

"Really?" he asked. "You can go, but I'll keep your friend." he said. Of course, what else? Alec looked into my eyes and I could see his concern. I wondered why he wanted to get me out of there. You could just leave me here and the "problem" would be solved.

"Okay, we're leaving. You can keep him." said Elliott. Oh and I thought Elliott was one of the nice ones. "Come on, boys." he said. Everyone turned. Really all. Even Alec. So they really left me behind.

"I think the fuck not." Blake said now, turned and shot Sebastian in his stomach with a gun. Sebastian screamed in pain and slumped, accidentally cutting my shoulder. Alec ran to me, grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the shop.

We ran to the car and got in very quickly. I held my aching shoulder with one hand. It was bearable. They saved me. Blake saved me. Why did he do that? How did the others know?