You always underestimate us.

Hello, hello! How is life going? I miss daily updates, but the story is over soon and we don't want it to be over THAT soon. I hope you're all doing fine!
__________________________

*Alexander's POV*

We tried to open the door as quietly as possible. Blake put his ear to the door to make sure no one was standing in front of it or nearby. In fact, there was nobody there. I was sure they were all listening to Magnus. I didn't know if I should be happy or worried about that.

I didn't feel comfortable letting Magnus do it alone. I would even prefer that Nick would be with him now. Nick would protect him now, I knew that, but he was no longer here and he would never be here again.

Seeing Nick lying dead on the floor hit me more than I thought. I mean, I was very happy that Magnus was fine, but as soon as we got back, I noticed that he was part of us and that we were one less now. I didn't like him, but he didn't deserve to die. Especially after Magnus told me that he was mentally ill. How did I never notice?

Blake pretended that it left him cold, but I knew him better than anyone. I saw him cry at night. They were friends and he liked him. But Blake is strong, I wouldn't have to worry about him.

"Ready?" Blake asked and I nodded. With a steel bar, he opened the door quietly. Well, not very quiet, but it was quieter than kicking it. We entered the building and luckily there was no one here. It was pretty quiet here. Blake reached for the floor plan that Celine had given us.

"Okay, Liam's office should be on the fourth floor." Blake told me. We were downstairs and the stairs were around the corner so that shouldn't be a problem.

We went to the stairs and made our way. It would be unfortunate if someone came down the stairs now. What should we do then? Okay, we'd probably just knock them out. We walked up four floors until we finally got there.

We had weapons with us but only wanted to use them for Liam. Killing him sounds wrong and immoral, but we had no choice. We couldn't take him to the police because the whole gang would cover him. They would easily get him out of there and he would be free again. Just hurting him would also be very stupid, because then we would be dead.

Liam is a psychopath. He hated us, but he wasn't doing anything about us yet. Except for trying to get me into the gang, which failed. They underestimated us very much. However, as soon as we did something to Liam, it would be over with us. Liam would do anything to kill us, so we had no choice. It couldn't be solved any other way.

We stopped at the corner and looked carefully at the door which Liam is hiding behind. As Celine had predicted, there were two guys guarding that door again. They looked muscular, but that wouldn't be a problem for us. We were prepared, but neither of them are.

"Okay, you know what to do?" I whispered and Blake nodded. Okay, now it's getting serious. We showed up and the two guys immediately looked at us. Their face was angry. Well, they probably hadn't expected that we would actually be able to get into this building.

"Shadowhunters." said one of the two and they came up to us. Let's go. Everyone took care of one. I looked after the ginger and Blake looked after the blonde. I took a swing to punch him in the face, but he held my fist tight. For that I got a punch in the face.

Well, that's going to be a bruise, but not too bad. He pulled out a second time, but I ducked down, so he didn't catch me. Now I could finally punch him in the face. With my knee I stepped between his legs and he doubled up and fell to the floor. That was easy. With another punch on the head, he passed out. Well, that would be it.

He would wake up in an hour and be ashamed of being beaten up by me. I looked at Blake, who had also knocked out his blondie. We grinned at each other. It was a good feeling. It was a feeling of success, knowing the plan works how it should be.

"You could improve." Blake said, pointing to my nose. I wiped over it and noticed that I was bleeding. I rolled my eyes and Blake laughed. A bloody nose was nothing new.

"Mine was definitely better trained than yours." I said and he was laughing now. We went to the door and now we would be facing Liam in person. I often imagined that. He had destroyed so many lives. He murdered innocent people. Women robbed and sexually harassed. He destroyed our lives and Magnus'. Even Celine's. He would have to pay for it.

Blake kicked the door hard once and it broke open. I was sure that it would not have been necessary since it was definitely not locked, but you also have to have a dramatic entrance, I guess. Now we were in his office and in fact there was a man in front of us. He stared at us. He didn't even seem surprised and scared.

His hair was black and he was very pale. He had a bit of a baby face. He seemed pretty young. Like a teenager, but he wasn't. I knew, that he was the oldest brother.

"What a surprise." he said now. He confused me that he just sat there and stared at us. As if we were only here for a cup of tea. "Two young Shadowhunters." he said now. "I see you made it past my guards." he noted.

"It wasn't that difficult." Blake replied. I never imagined Liam like this. I had imagined him much more firmly. He seemed to be breaking his leg as soon as you push him.

"How did you get in without anyone knowing you?" he wanted to know. "It's very impressive." he added. Actually, I wasn't in the mood for small talk.

"Well, you always underestimated us." I let him know. He smiled. He made me angry, but I wanted to enjoy the moment too. After years of searching him, we were finally standing in front of him. We had achieved our goal.

"You had spies, didn't you?" he asked. Awesome, Sherlock, I thought. "It wasn't one of you I would have noticed." he noted. I grinned.

"Sometimes it's the people you trust the most who stab us in the back." I explained. "Like your own siblings, for example." he said. Only now did he look surprised. As if I had just confessed to him that I had sold his dog on Ebay. He got up angrily.

"You used my brothers?" he snapped at us. My grin persisted.

"Well, I wouldn't say we used them. It was a collaboration. They wanted to help us." Blake explained. Liam seemed angry and disappointed. Must be tough when your brothers betray you.

Liam finally seemed angry enough to attack us. He ran towards Blake, but Blake was prepared and grabbed him. He grabbed him so that he was standing behind Liam and holding him. There was no way out for Liam. He can no longer run away.

"You are making a huge mistake." Liam said. I grinned and pulled my gun out of my pocket. I loaded it and aimed it at Liam.

"I don't think so." I said. "You have ruined enough lives. It is time for you to be punished." I let him know. He grinned. I didn't like the grin. He was up to something.

"Alec, shoot him." I heard Celine say. Oh right, she was here too. I almost forgot about that.

"Oh, you Shadowhunters always underestimate us." he said, quoting me. Suddenly he broke away from Blake. He pressed a button on his desk and an alarm went on across the hotel. No, that was not a good thing. The others must not know that we are with Liam otherwise... Magnus.

He reached for a dagger-like knife, turned to Blake and rammed it into his stomach. Fuck. Blake groaned in pain and I immediately shot Liam. I shot one time and he finally fell to the ground. He was dead.