You had me at Sushi

"Here's another case that might help you further." said Lukas and handed me another file. I nodded my thanks and he sighed. "Don't you think you should take a break, officer?" he asked but I shook my head.

"I can take a break tonight when I'm done." I explained. He nodded and left my office. I was still working on this case with this mysterious criminal. In the meantime I have found out that he is not only here in New Jersey, but has also been to other cities.

However, I also noticed that he was in no city as long as here. Usually he left after two to three weeks, but he has been here for six weeks now. How so? What kept him here?

It was killing me that I couldn't get him to do anything wrong. How can he never leave any traces? How can he know how the police work? In the meantime I sometimes just worked on it at night to get ahead.

After going through the new file, I sighed and leaned back. Again nothing helpful. That can not be true. When I heard my phone beeping, I pulled it out of my pocket. I smiled when I saw that it was a message from Alec.

Alexander❤️

Hey, how about
dinner tonight?
Friday; 03:34 p.m.

I wish I could, but I have
so much work to do. :(
03:34 p.m.

Okay, how about you
doing your work and I'll visit
you late in the evening with
Sushi? 😉😏
03:34 p.m.

I like sushi. 🥺
03:34 p.m.

I know you do. :D
03:34 p.m.

And then what?
03:35 p.m.

And then we watch a
movie while eating the
sushi that's already
waiting for you.
03:35 p.m.

How could I resist?
03:35 p.m.

Is that a yes?
03:35 p.m.

You had me at Sushi.
03:35 p.m.

Yes!! Can't wait
too see you! I'll
be there at 8!
03:36 p.m.

Great. 😘
03:36p.m.

Alec and I have been dating for three weeks now. So far we have only kissed. Somehow we never got to do more. We often went out to eat. Sometimes he just came over and cooked for me and Celine. I really like him and I think I would be ready for more.

Celine is also enthusiastic about him. She likes him very much and Alec likes Celine. They get along well. That was very important to me because it would be exhausting if it were different. However, I noticed that I had never been at his place before. Somehow it never happened. But I never asked either.

I looked up when someone came through my door. It was Celine with two cups of coffee in her hand. I sighed in relief. She just knows what I need.

"You're overworking yourself, Mags. Take a break." said Celine and handed me the coffee. If only it were that easy.

"I want to catch him before he leaves New Jersey." I let her know. She sighed and sat next to me. She and I both sipped our coffee.

"I know, but I'm sure he'll stay here longer. Something will keep him here and it will last longer." She said. I shrugged my shoulders. I somehow feel like I'm running out of time.

"How do you want to know?" I asked. She shrugged. "It can't be that hard to get him." I meant.

"We can do it." she said with a smile. "Let's go to the Jade Wolf tonight, what do you say?" she asked. I shook my head.

"I can't. Alec comes over with sushi and we'll have a nice evening." I explained and she grinned. Oh, I know what she's thinking.

"Uhh, and with nice evening you mean you are finally taking the next step?" she asked with a big grin on her face. I shrugged my shoulders as well with a grin.

"I don't know. Maybe he doesn't want to." I said and Celine frowned. "Maybe he wants to stay in this friendship phase or whatever." I explained and Celine punched me. "Ouch." I said, rubbing the painful area. "What was that for?" I asked.

"Stop doubting it! Alec likes you very much and you like him. What's the problem?" she asked but I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't know it.

"We're not even a couple yet." I said and Cel rolled her eyes.

"Nowadays you don't have to be a couple to take the sex step." she said. "Perhaps this is exactly the perfect transition to a relationship." She said. Hm, maybe.

"No idea, Cel. We'll see what happens." I said and she nodded. We worked on a few things together until I finally finished work.

****

The doorbell rang on time at 8 o'clock. I already had comfortable clothes because I no longer wanted my uniform. I went to the front door and opened it. Alec stood in front of it with two boxes of sushi and smiled at me with delight.

I loved the way he looked at me. It seemed like it would be the highlight of the day for him to see me. As if I'm the only one he's looking forward to in his life. It makes me feel special.

"Hey, nice to see you." he said and kissed me gently. I returned the kiss, of course, and sighed in relief. I was glad that he is here now.

"Hey, I'm starving." I let him know. He looked at me worriedly and took off his shoes.

"Did you eat anything today?" he asked while we went to the kitchen together. I shook my head. He put the boxes down and put his hands on my shoulders from behind to massage them while I was looking for the chopsticks. I sighed contentedly.

"You have to take care of yourself." he said. "In addition, you are completely tense." he said. As soon as I had the chopsticks I turned to him. He smiled at me and now put his hands on my hips.

"I am fine." I said. "Can we eat now?" I asked and he laughed.

"Since when have you been so impatient?" he asked while reaching for the boxes to carry them into the living room.

"It's Suhsi." I said as if it would explain everything. He just laughed again. We both sat on the sofa and turned on the television. We had a blanket around us and the box of sushi was on our lap.

We ate while watching film and I was very close to him. When I finished eating, I put my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me. I liked the warmth he gave me.

When the film was over, I turned off the television. Only one candle was still on the table. This candle lit up the room, even if only a little. Alec looked at me lovingly.

"The movie was bad." I noticed and he laughed.

"Oh come on, it wasn't that bad." he said.

"Okay, it gets three out of ten points." I said and he laughed again. After that there was a silence that I enjoyed. "You know, I'm glad you're here." I said softly.

"I feel the same way." he said in a very rough voice. We slowly approached until our lips finally touched. He kissed me gently, but then it got more intense.

I turned more to him and put my two hands on his cheeks to pull him closer to me. He grabbed my hips to pull me onto his lap. After that everything went very quickly. I was enchanted.

I noticed how he took off my shirt and I took off his. Next were my pants...