Mailbox.

Hello! Sooo, a friend of mine and I had a talk yesterday night. We were talking about Wattpad and how it changed our life and I feel like I don't say it enough, but I'm really grateful for you! Every comment, every vote, every read means a lot to me and gives me motivation to keep up. It's incredible how much you guys care about the character and even about me! Thank you so much, so appreciate it. Being a writer is something beautiful and I wouldn't wanna miss it.
Also, if you wanna read some other awesome stories, check out AllyMaii ! She was the one I talked to last night and she helped me through a lot of writers-blocks! <3
Enjoy the chapter, I hope you're all fine!
❤️
______________________________

*Alexander POV*

I slowly opened my eyes when I heard two people talking in the kitchen. I sighed and sat up and rubbed my eyes. What time was it ?? I checked my watch. It was 8 o'clock. Quite early considering that I hardly slept.

I think I fell asleep only two hours ago. All the time I lay awake in bed thinking. I thought about what Magnus had said to me. He had found Isabelle. My twin sister, whom I've been missing for a long time. I would have the opportunity to see her, but I didn't want to. It would be too dangerous and I would have to leave her at some point anyway. I wouldn't be able to do that to her again.

But what made me feel even worse was what I said to Magnus. I said I wanted to get rid of him, but I didn't mean it that way. I was expecting him to yell at me but he did something much worse. He said nothing to me. He got up and left. I didn't even want to know how much I hurt him.

I don't even know why I said this to him. I was mad, when he said I keep running away from everyone. It probably made me mad because it was true, but all I ever tried was to protect the people I care about. It's not for my safety, it's for theirs.

I sighed and got up. Should I apologize? Everyone would say yes, but would that be wise? Maybe he hates me now and wasn't it what I wanted? It would be stupid to apologize, but I had this urge. I had to do it.

I opened my door and immediately I smelled the bacon. I was glad that Elliott made us breakfast almost every morning. Even if it's just bacon with eggs. I went to the kitchen where Nick and Elliott were already talking. Nick was just about to set the table while Elliott was just making the eggs.

"Good Morning." said Elliott when he saw me. I nodded to him. That was my way of saying good morning. "You look like shit." he noted. Thanks, I thought.

"Did you sleep at all?" asked Nick. I shrugged and grabbed a cup.

"Not really. I couldn't fall asleep." I replied as I poured coffee into my cup. I took a sip and I could feel the caffeine settling in my body.

I leaned against the counter and enjoyed my coffee while Elliott put food on every plate. Blake and Celine came out of their room almost simultaneously. Celine was already dressed and her hair was in a ponytail, while Blake looked more like he had just woken up.

"Good Morning." said Celine, looking around in confusion. Elliott turned and smiled at her.

"Good Morning." said Elliott, pleased. Celine smiled back. I frowned. There was a connection between them. Even I could feel it. „Where's Magnus?" Nick asked now.

Nick and Magnus work together in a team and I have to admit that I wasn't really happy about it. Nick likes Magnus and I knew that. Everyone knew that. I wondered if Magnus knew that too. I wasn't jealous, but I don't think we should build relationships here. Okay, maybe jealousy played a part.

"I don't know, I thought he was with you." answered Celine. I looked at her in confusion. But he wasn't.

"Maybe he's in the bathroom." Blake said chilled out as he sat down. Celine shook her head.

"No, he wasn't here half the night." she noticed. Now I was getting nervous. I straight up. "I thought maybe he went to you." Celine said to Nick. Why should Magnus go to Nick's bedroom? Nick shook his head.

"No, he wasn't with me." he noted. I quickly put my cup down and went to the door. His jacket and shoes were gone. "Fuck." I said quietly.

"What?" asked Celine. "Alec, why are you saying fuck?" she asked again. I turned and sighed.

"He was with me last night and we had an argument." I admitted nervously. "I said something that hurt him a lot." I admitted and rubbed my hair. Did he run away? Because of me?

"Why was he with you?" asked Nick a little jealous. "And what did you say to him?" he asked a little angrier than the first question. Celine also looked at me expectantly.

"He had to tell me something. It was about my family. I got angry and I didn't think." I admitted. I was ashamed of it. Celine came up to me.

"Alec, what the hell did you say to him?" she asked angrily. I could understand that she was angry. I was too. "Alec!" she said loudly now that even the boys flinched. I sighed.

"I said that now that he's here, I can't get rid of him anymore." I said and shortly afterwards I felt a burning pain on my cheek. Celine looked at me angrily. She had slapped me. I closed my eyes. I deserved that. I put my cool hand on my warm cheek.

"You're such an asshole, Alec." said Celine. She was right. I was. The biggest asshole ever.

"So Magnus ran away because Alec wanted to get rid of him?" asked Nick. Ouch, that hurt to hear. I didn't want that. Absolutely no way. I didn't want to get rid of him. I wanted to have him with me. Celine shook her head.

"No, he wouldn't run away." she noticed.

"Why are you so sure about that?" Blake asked, frowning. Celine kept walking through the room. She seemed to be worried and I got to admit, I was worried too. I just didn't want to show.

"Because I'm still here. He wouldn't leave me alone." she said. She was right. Magnus wasn't like that. He would never leave the ones he loves and that was what worried me so much.

"Maybe he doesn't care about you as much as you always thought." Blake replied. Celine looked at him in surprise. She went to Blake, but Elliott intervened and held her.

"Do you have a death wish?" she yelled angrily. I looked at Blake angrily too. Nobody has time for his stupid sayings. Elliott tried to calm Celine down and hugged her. It even seemed to help.

"Calm down, we'll find him." he said and Celine sighed. That was all my fault. I hate myself.

"That means Magnus wasn't going to run away. Maybe he just went out and something happened to him." said Nick. My heart cramped at this thought. I prefer the running away variant.

I took my cell phone and dialed his number. That would be too easy, but also stupid not to try it.

"Mailbox." I said. Fuck. I typed in a message and sent it. He wouldn't read it if something happened to him, but if he really just ran away, I hope he might turn around after all.

"We have to find him." said Nick. I nodded. He was right. The thought that something happened to him ate me up inside. I felt it everywhere. It hurts. It screamed at me how stupid I was. "Now!" he added. Blake got up, annoyed and went to his room to get dressed. Everyone was putting on their jackets and clothes. Nick came up to me.

"If something happened to him, it's your fault." he said softly and angrily. I just looked at him angrily but didn't say anything because I knew he was right.