3. The Prince

Jin hits a wall repeatedly in his rage. An old woman was pleading him earlier. Begging him to find her grandson.

I'm so useless! I can't save them!

He stares to his hands.

Please stop the war. It's the only way. Please, please...

Jin closes his eyes. The old woman's pleas kept rewinding in his mind like a broken record. Everyone knows vampires need fresh blood. Humans got abducted so they could feed. Everytime a vampire got wounded, humans shall suffer. Because they need to drink blood to heal faster.

He balls his fists.

This war must be stopped. I don't care if I had to toast all the vampires.

Jin walks to his office to find files of missing persons. He reads their description and when the last time they have been seen alive.

A knock on the door.

"Come in," says Jin.

"Hello, brother. You forgot to have lunch again. I brought them for you."

"Alice. I'm busy."

She is princess Alice. His little sister. Just your average seventeen years old princess.

"It's boring to have lunch alone. You are always busy."

Jin asks, "Why don't you have lunch with Kai? He is your fiancee."

Alice shakes her head.

She says softly as if fearing Kai could hear it, "He scared me. I kept pleading Father to break the engagement. He said no."

Jin sighs.

He says wearily, "Kai is a very capable general. A good looking fellow. He is no womanizer. He is no gay. I've run complete background checks on him. What else do you need?"

"Love? I don't think I could love him..."

Jin shakes his head. This is why you shouldn't watch too much romance movies. You would want love. That's the only thing a member of Royal Family couldn't afford in this life. Their marriage would be planned for their country's benefit.

Alice offers some sandwiches to Jin and he takes one.

"You should eat more. Don't want you to get ill."

Jin bites the cheese and ham sandwich.

Alice touches the history volumes arranged neatly in a bookshelf.

She asks, "You ever wondered why they kept fighting? Capulet and Montague?"

"They are stupid creatures."

"Brother, that isn't a good answer."

A knock on the door before Jimin opens it. A teenager boy follows him into the office.