16. Shadow in his heart

Jin looks down from edge of a deep ravine. It's too high. Anyone would die if he fall from here.  Jimin and him have been travelling this morning to find water.

Jimin comments, "You could go to heaven from this spot."

"Yeah..."

Jin is taking a step away from the edge of the cliff when suddenly a club hits the back of his head.

His world goes dark when he falls down into the deep ravine.

"Sorry. Aimee is mine. You are nothing but nuisance."

Jimin is whistling when he is walking away from that spot.

He goes back to the camp with some firewood in both hands.

Aimee is guarding the camp when he arrives.

She asks, "Didn't Jin go with you?"

"We split up in the woods. He'll be back soon."

RM has returned with a dead boar.

Aimee asks, "Did you see Jin?"

"Nope. We haven't met. I did see V and Kai going somewhere," replies RM.

Jimin says, "Don't worry too much about him. He is bubble Jin. He could defend himself."

"Dunno. I just kept getting this awful feelings. Something happened to him..."

RM puts down the boar.

He says, "Probably nothing. But I will go look for him if you wanted."

"Thank you."

Few hours later, RM goes home without Jin. Kai and V have just returned with wild fruits.

Aimee asks, "Anyone has seen Jin?"

Everyone shakes their heads.

V comments, "No worries. You got me. The human radar."

He closes his eyes and concentrates. Nothing. He could feel nothing. He concentrates on Jimin. He could feel his presence in front of him. He concentrates on others. He could sense them. Only Jin. He couldn't sense him.

V finally opens his eyes again.

He confesses, "I couldn't sense him. I'm afraid something bad has happened to him."

RM quickly says, "Let's search for him again. Aimee you stay here. Blow the horn if Jin had got back."

"Okay. Please find him."

Everyone has gone to search for Jin.

Jimin has returned to the cliff again. He stares down to the deep ravine. Feeling odd why V couldn't find Jin.

Suddenly he hears, "You did something to Jin, didn't you?"

It's his little sister, Kai.

Jimin shrugs his shoulders and then he defends, "I don't know what are you talking about."

"It's no use. Even if he's gone, she wouldn't love you. She has loved Jin for years."

"That's why she has to stop. I'm handsome and available. No need for Jin."

Kai stares down into the deep ravine. There is a small lake at the bottom of the ravine. Underwater. That would explain why V couldn't find him. The corpse is in the water.

Jimin has left the spot. Kai just stands there.

"I'm sorry, Jin. He is my brother. I'm sorry..."