8. Not in the mood

Jin spends the next day in the library. He is determined to understand how the vampires are different from mortals. If he could, he would have stolen their high techs for the humans.

He has noticed her since she walks into the library. Her Jasmine perfume is the first hint of her presence.

 Her Jasmine perfume is the first hint of her presence

"Don't disturb me. I'm not in the mood for anything. Not even chatting," warns him without facing her.

"It's barely noon. And you are already grouchy," says Irene.

She touches his back lightly like a feather, sending pleasant sensation to him.

He turns his head before he lifts her hand and pushes it aside.

"Don't touch me."

"You're so cold. Thought humans have warm blood."

"A prey. That's all my worth for you," comments him sarcastically.

Irene walks to a spot in front of him. Her cold hands touch his cheeks.

"I never meet someone like you. So handsome. So haughty."

He holds her hands and pulls them from his face.

"I'm sick of your kind. Always see me like some kind of trophy. Another conquest. There, I put a Prince in my list of boyfriends."

His cold stare.

Irene got used to vampires admired her beauty. Men want her. Not refusing her as if she's a pest.

Jin grabs some books from the desk. He is going to read them in his room. Away from this annoying vampire.

Jimin stays behind after Jin leaves the library. Irene hasn't noticed him until he speaks to her.

"Just leave him alone. He got fed up with women. They only see his good looks, his background as a Prince. They never see him as a man."

"What do you mean?" asks Irene.

"Nothing. Just asked you to leave him alone. He has a lot of headaches. No need more pressures from you."

Irene blocks the door when Jimin is going to leave the library.

She asks, "Anything I could help?"

"Stop this bloody war. Humans suffered most because your race kept sucking our blood."

Irene's hands got lowered. Stopping the war. No one has been able to do it since ages.

Suddenly her face goes brighter.

She asks, "If I stopped this war, would he go out with me? A date or something?"

Jimin chuckles. She might be an old vampire. But she seems so pure as if she's just a young one. He has seen a bunch of selfish old vampires. None acted like her.