16. The Cold Prince

Jin shows no expression when a man greets him, "Long time no see. Are you well, Prince?"

The Prince just walks pass J-HOPE as if he has never met him in his life.

"Ouch! You never forgive me, do you?"

Jin replies, "Out of my way, Wolf. Got nothing to say to a flea bag like you."

Someone behind Jin suddenly lifts him up and slams him hard to the ground. Jin is lying helpless, groaning.

Jungkook chuckles.

It seems it's his signature style. Slam you to the ground if you made RM unhappy. Jin got slammed because he insulted his Beta, J-HOPE.

RM squats and he asks, "Will you show some respect now, human? Or you need another one?"

"Ouch, my back!" complaints Jin.

Jungkook apologizes, "Forgive him. He has no manner. One pampered brat."

J-HOPE offers his hand to Jin but he slaps it. Jin rises on his own. J-HOPE looks hurt.

Jin rubs some dirt from his pants. He tries to clean his shirt too. Too much dirt. He takes it off and shakes it repeatedly to make it cleaner. Dust are flying everywhere.

Jungkook stares to his back. Jin got large old scars. They looked like wounds made by claws.

J-HOPE asks sadly, "When you would forgive me?"

"Never. You don't deserve it."

RM takes few steps to Jin. He looks upset. No one treats his Beta with disrespect like this.

J-HOPE stands before him. He presses a hand to RM's chest. He shakes his head.

"Don't. I hurt him too much. It's okay."

Jin wears back his shirt and then he folds his hands. He knows he would meet him sooner or later. He thought he was prepared. No. The pain in his heart is still too fresh.

J-HOPE's eyes look misty when he says, "You used to be a warm and friendly guy, Jin. Hope one day you would become that person again."

"That guy has died a long time ago. When you brutally attacked me."

Jin stares the Alpha and asks, "Could we talk? I'm Prince Jin, the representative of humans."

RM looks doubtful. He stares to J-HOPE. His Beta nods his head.

"Come in. You too, Jungkook," orders RM.

Four of them walk into the Alpha house.

Jin stares around him. He doesn't seem impressed. This house is too simple for a leader's home. V's palace is filled with antiques and priceless art collections. This house feels like a farmer's house.

RM takes out two cartoon of milks from the Fridge. He puts them on the island kitchen counter. Right in front of Jin and Jungkook.

Jungkook chuckles. He grabs the milk and tears the lid open. RM seems to think a human needs more milk to become tougher. He drinks the milk as if it's a glass of beer.

Jin ignores the milk cartoon.

He says, "The stupid war has dragged too long. It's time for Vampires and Wolves to forge peace treaty."

"Do you think us, Werewolves are stupid?" asks RM.

Jin scoffs.

He is staring J-HOPE when he replies, "No. But I think one of them is a backstabber."