18. Dillema

Boxy smile. When he smiles, his lips form like a box. His smile felt so sincere and honest. Hard to hate him.

Claire shakes her head. It has been three days. She should escape from here.

V is sleeping on a couch. They share the same bedroom. She sleeps on his bed. Weird choice to treat your prisoner.

Claire stands up. She walks toward a window. The room isn't bright. The thick glass has blocked most of the sunlight.

She closes her eyes. Hoping somehow she could feel the warm sunlight again.

Claire tries to break the chain again. Pulling it as hard as she could.

Suddenly she hears, "If you kept doing that, you would end up hurting yourself."

V yawns. He rises from the couch. He misses his bed. He walks and then crashes to his super comfy bed.

A faint snore.

Claire stands next to him. Vampire is weak during daylight. It would be easier to kill him right now.

Her eyes dart across the room. A sword is laying on a table. V has used that weapon to slay many Werewolves in the past.

She picks it up. The Cold steel feels heavy in her hands.

V is still in deep slumber. It would be too easy to slay him. Claire walks as silently as she could. She holds the sword above her head.

It's harder to kill someone you knows than a stranger. She has no hesitation to kill V in the past. Because she never knows him. Only from evil tales about him.

Now she knows he is a bit childish but cheerful person. One whom treated her like a dear friend. Not his prisoner.

The sword slips from her hands and falls to the floor. The carpet is very thick. It only makes a little thump noise.

V opens his eyes. He rolls around to face her.

He looks bored when he asks, "Aren't you going to kill me? I gave you a good chance earlier."

"You're testing me?" asks her.

She laughs nervously. This villain could get rid of her easily. Yet he kept her in this golden cage. Just another tool to kill his boredom.

"Mark my word, Vampire. I'll kill you."

"Great. Life is boring for me."

V has risen from his bed.

Claire picks up the sword from the floor. V doesn't try to take it away from her. He closes his eyes and doesn't move a muscle.

 He closes his eyes and doesn't move a muscle

Time seems to stop for them. Minutes passed but nothing happened.

"Just do it," orders him.

"Why?"