11. Alice

"You're awake? How do you feel?" asks a young woman when she is walking toward the Villa.

Jungkook opens his eyes. She looks familiar. He has seen her somewhere before.

"Aren't you Jin's little sister?" asks him.

She looks around and she feels relieved when no one is nearby. The Vampires have gone to sleep.

She orders, "Don't tell them about me."

"Why would a princess like you be here? Does Jin know about it?"

"No one knows. For them, I'm just Alice. An ordinary human in this Vampire city."

Jungkook rubs his neck. It still feels itchy.

He says, "Thanks for saving me."

"Wearing a red hoodie in the middle of the night. In a vampire city. It's like putting a sign please bite me."

Jungkook chuckles. She is indeed Jin's sister. Jin told him the same thing few days ago. He just forgot it.

Alice says, "Go to sleep. I will take both of you to the palace after dark."

"I don't want to go back. Irene wants to stop the war. I'm going to help her."

Alice looks amused.

She rolls her eyes before she asks, "The shopaholic Lady? What could she do?"

"At least she wants to do something. Others just kept saying there is no way this stupid war would end."

"Stupid war? Two races kept fighting for supremacy. What's stupid about it?"

Jungkook says, "All wars are stupid. Killing someone just to look more powerful."

Alice yawns.

She says, "Let's get inside. Tonight we shall discuss everything. Elaine is a smart one. We should ask her opinion first."

"She said to listen to you."

Alice chuckles.

She explains, "I might look tough for you. It's Elaine's idea to save the preys."

A human and a vampire. Best friends. Maybe there is hope for us yet. Making this world a better place. Stopping this stupid war would be hard. It's still possible.

*****

They have gathered in living room.

Irene says, "Go to werewolves. Convince them to stop this war."

"You are a vampire. Do you think they would let you live?" mocks Alice.

Elaine says, "It's true. Irene, you couldn't just go there and order them to stop. They would catch you. Using you as a hostage for our leader."

Irene is silent.

Jungkook suddenly says, "I will go."

Everyone stares him as if he has gone nuts.

I must stop them from killing each others. It broke my heart to see them hurting others.

Alice claps her hands.

She mocks, "You are just plain stupid. Do you have a dead wish?"

"Now I know why you reminded me of Jin. You talk just like him."

Jungkook's phrase catches Irene's attention.

She asks, "Are you Jin's girlfriend?"

Alice quickly says, "Something like that."