24. His fiancee

The night is young.

V takes them for a tour around the city. RM is amazed to see the bright city. He has heard how advanced this place compared to Luna. Now he finally has a chance to see for himself.

They have been sightseeing for an hour when the Alpha orders, "Take me to the wolves. I need to see them."

"Fine. Just don't throw up in my car."

V takes a dead end route. Suddenly a wall shifted in the furthest end. The car moves forward into a tunnel. Suddenly it stops moving as if it got caught by a pair of strong steel hands.

The car got turned in a circle for few times. V closes his eyes. This is a trap for outsiders. To make them dizzy and lost direction.

Finally the car stops turning. RM is holding his mouth with a hand. Trying hard not to vomit. The others except V and Jimin are doing the same thing.

Jin and Jungkook looks like they are about to faint. Irene, Claire and Elaine are closing their eyes too. Only Jimin is smiling widely. Wishing he could take another fun ride like this.

V asks, "Ready to go?"

The others nod weakly. The tunnel is dark and unmarked. It's hard to know the directions. V seems to know the way like the back of his hands. Left. Right. Right. And many turns afterwards.

Finally he stops his car.

"We have arrived."

RM and the humans vomit when they finally got out of the car again.

V asks Claire, "Are you okay?"

She nods her head. Her face does look a bit green right now.

V takes a palm scan and retina scan before the front gate is opened.

RM looks around. The steel elevator takes them even deeper underground. Vampires and their fondness of underground facilities. It's their way to survive from the deadly sunlight.

It felt like a descent straight to Hell.

They have passed many security gates in their way to the Lab. They kept following him until they reach the deepest level of the lab.

The wolves are trapped inside the glass cells. They are in their human forms. They are shivering as if they are in deep pain.

RM asks, "What did you do to them?"

"Nothing. They are in this killing frenzy from the start. We only injected drugs to make them weak. To avoid them hurting others," replies V.

RM asks, "Anyone got something silver?"

Jin offers the silver knife to him. The Alpha walks to the glass door. V nods his head. A scientist presses a button to open the door.

The weak wolf is still trying to attack RM. He doesn't seem to recognize him at all. RM cuts his arm with the knife. Glowing purple blood is dripping down from the shallow wound.

Irene yells, "Dragonite! I told you it's their evil doing."

V asks, "Dragonite. Where could we find info about them? The old library has been destroyed ages ago."

Suddenly Elaine says, "My home. Father might have it. He owned the biggest library in our race."

V asks, "You are..."

"Elaine Vanderbilt."

Irene's eyes widened.

She asks, "You are V's fiancee?"