28. Lifetime decision

They are back in V's palace.

Jin stares Irene. She is chatting happily with Mingyu and Elaine. Maybe she feels his gaze. Irene smiles to him before she continues her chat.

Jimin offers him a letter from general Kai. Jin tears the envelope and reads it. His face turns grim at once.

He asks, "Irene, do you know where V is?"

"At this hour? Probably in his room."

Jin leaves the room. Irene looks worried when she stares to his back.

Mingyu suddenly grabs Irene's hand.

He protests while holding her hand, "You shouldn't have any feeling for him. He is just a mortal, unlike us. Just a prey."

"No. Jin is more than a prey. I never met any man like him."

"Irene..."

"I'm sorry. I have to talk to V."

She rises and leaves the living room.

Jin turns around when he hears her highs heels click clack on the marble floor. It's impossible for her to cover her movement. Not with her flashy designer shoes.

"I'm coming with you, Jin. Anything serious happened?" asks her.

"The kidnapping has been escalated. We might need V's help."

Irene, Jimin and Jin goes into an elevator. Total silence.

V is drinking as usual. He has nothing to do after he finishes his paperwork as the vampire leader.

Jin knocks before he enters his bedroom. V smiles to them. Yet his smile looks sad. Unlike his usual smile.

Irene asks, "What happened? Why you look like this?"

"I already missed her. And she just left few hours ago."

V puts down his wine glass. Even drinking couldn't give him fun anymore. He would remember how her lips are pouting. She would be sulking if she knew he is drinking again.

He asks, "Why do you come here?"

"More children got kidnapped even in broad daylight. We must destroy the Dragonites."

"Any idea how?"

Jin shakes his head.

Another dead end for them. They spend hours thinking, still no possible conclusion.

*****

Jungkook stares to the bright city below. Right now they are standing on rooftops.

"I like it here. It's so cool," says Jungkook.

Elaine asks, "You won't come home, right?"

He has confided everything to her. About the alter world. How did he get into this crazy world.