17. The Vampire's mystery

Jin has just got back into his room. The vampires are whispering in a corner of the room. They have been acted odd lately. Keeping distance from the others.

Elaine whispers something before she leaves the room.

Jin squints his eyes. Irene are sitting too close to Suga. He coughs once. Then he shrugs his shoulders. It isn't one of his concerns. His priorities would be to end this war.

His lips curl when he sees them again. Too close. Jin rises from his seat. He moves and then sits between Irene and Suga.

Suga stares him before he rises from his seat. He leaves their room. Irene stands up from her seat. She walks away from him.

Jin takes out some envelopes from his pocket. The letters have been sent from the capital. They must be important.

He has no other knife so he uses his silver knife to open it. He reads the letters seriously.

Reports about recent kidnappings in the cities. The scale has been escalating. The peasants are urging the palace to stop it. To catch the culprit.

One last letter. He opens it. Accidentally he cuts a finger using the sharp knife.

Jin is staring Irene with widened eyes. One minute she is standing far from him. The next one she is already sitting next to him. The vampire is sucking his bloody finger right now. She has closed her eyes as if enjoying divine liquid.

"Irene..." calls him.

She opens her eyes and her pupils look shining. She licks his finger before she quickly leaves the room.

Jin sighs. It's so obvious. He knows what is their secret now. He puts the letters back into his pocket.

*****

Suga looks around. It's daylight. The chickens are searching for worms to eat. It would be more risky to steal a chicken in daylight. But he could no longer wait. The others depend on him.

He sneaks into the coop again.

He steps on something and a large cage falls on him.

Suga feels something big has crashed and pushed him away. He has fallen on his face. He hisses when the sunlight pierce and burns his delicate skin.

He quickly fetches his umbrella again.

Someone is running to this spot so Suga quickly bails out from there.

RM picks up an umbrella. He is wondering who has left this behind. His gaze has fallen to a large cage in the chicken coop.

Yesterday J-HOPE installed a trap after the chickens kept clucking at nights. Someone has been trying to steal his chickens.

A stone statue is inside the cage. He looks familiar enough. Like someone he has met before. The artist has made a master piece in J-HOPE's backyard. The statue looks so alive as if he could talk any moment now.