30. Truce

All of them are in a human Cafe located few miles from Luna.

Jin waves his hand to a Cafe waiter. He puts a lot of money into his hands.

He orders, "Divide the money to all the waiters here. Tell your Boss to close this Cafe for today. All of you come back tomorrow."

"But..."

"I'm Prince Jin. Ask your Boss to send the bills to the palace."

The waiter finally says, "Yes, Your Majesty."

All of the humans except three persons have left the Cafe.

Humans: Alice, Jin and Jungkook
Vampires: V, Irene, Suga, Elaine and Mingyu
Werewolves: RM, Jennie and Claire
Gargoyle: Jimin

All of them would be witnesses to an important event today.

RM is folding his hands. He knows something has happened back in Soleil. He never expected Claire would be stupid enough to marry him.

"I'm against this marriage," says him firmly.

Claire protests, "He won the contest."

"No. I stop the contest. He didn't win anything."

V asks, "Are you picking a fight with me? I won't back off that easily."

Claire is holding his arm.

She pleads, "Don't fight with RM. I don't want either of you get hurt."

"Well, he has hurt me plenty times in the past!" yells his brother.

RM pulls his shirt and shows his battle scars. Many big ones on his chest and back.

V mocks, "Are we comparing past wounds now? You almost killed me few times too."

Jungkook stands between them. It hurts to see them fight like this. In the real world, they would always quarrel and be friends again. Not trying to kill each others like this.

He pushes them apart before a fight would break out again.

"Werewolves, vampires, humans, or whatever you are. It doesn't matter. You are you. Love yourself. Failures are just like scars on your body. Shown how many battles you've fought."

Tears are forming in his eyes when he continues, "This stupid war must end now."

He stares to RM and then to V.

Jungkook threatens, "I'm going to knock your heads if you two didn't sign any peace treaty now. Jimin would help me."

"Me?" asks Jimin.

He is busy munching his apples. Jungkook has taken out many fresh apples from his bag earlier.

Jin stands up from his seat.

He says, "The kid sometimes says weird things. But he is right. It's time we stop this war. This is why all of us have come here."

Claire is holding hands with V.

She says, "I'm going to marry him. With or without your consent. I just hope the war will end. I don't want any of you get hurt."

RM looks hurt.

Jennie holds his hand and she nods.

She says, "We should respect her wish. She is an adult woman. She knows who she wants in her life. Even if he's an alien."

RM laughs bitterly.

He mocks, "He is no alien."

V finally takes off his hat. Jennie could see his face for the first time.