7. Save me

Jin is walking with V when he asks, "How many people are underground?"

V closes his eyes.

He replies, "More than few dozens. Maybe hundreds?"

"How many persons below sea level?" asks Jin.

V shakes his head. He opens his eyes again.

"Not my territories. Sorry. I could only detect something on the ground or underground. Not in water or sky."

"I understand. We are lucky to have you with us, V," praises Jin.

 We are lucky to have you with us, V," praises Jin

(V)

"Hey, you saved my life. I wouldn't be here without you," says V.

"I'm glad you survived."

Kai is staring Jin and V from a distance. Her brother is busy collecting metal gears from the broken engine.

She asks Jimin, "Doesn't it bother you?"

"What?"

"You are smarter than Jin. Why they choose him to be the leader? Not you?"

"Kai. Don't start it again."

She shrugs her shoulders.

"I hate him," confesses her.

Jimin is silent. Kai is an honest woman. She always speaks up whatever in her mind. That's why people tend to hate her.

"I think you are jealous to him. Jin is everything you are afraid of. He is brave enough to love and got hurt. You just keep everyone else at an arm's distance."

RM has scolded her as usual.

"Another one I hate. Stay away from me," says her.

Kai has walked away.

RM asks, "What's wrong with her? She's always in bad mood."

Jimin says nothing. He just keep trying to add some gears from the train to his metal donkey.

Aimee sits down next to Jimin. She is trying to collect dry branches around here for their fire camp.

Jimin asks, "Why the long face?"

"I love the train. Can't you fix it?" replies her.

"Sorry. I'm not that good yet. This ancient tech isn't easy to rebuild. Maybe one day. But..."

"I know. I hope one day you could rebuild it..."

Jimin nods his head.

This girl is only few years younger than Kai. She's very different than his little sister. Polite and easy going. No wonder everyone here likes her.

*****

Jin has gone on a separate way with V. He goes to Riverside to go fishing. It's close to the ice mountain. Spring has come. Ice is melting everywhere. That's why you could find ice blocks floating on the river once in a while.