32. Prisoners

The castle looks smaller than what J-HOPE has remembered. Or maybe he has grown a lot taller than the last time he was here.

Claire is sitting near a bed. She looks like she's going to murder J-HOPE any moment now.

J-HOPE says, "Someone has to stop you. From making the biggest mistake in your life."

"I love V. He loves me. We shall be happy together."

"He has brainwashed you, Claire. You couldn't fall in love with him."

Claire is silent. It's useless to talk to him. J-HOPE would never listen to her plea. He kept his future life based on her. He kept imagining she would be his wife. It has been like this for years.

She stares him when she pleads, "Free yourself. From this stupid dream. Whatever you do, I shall never be your wife. I only love one man. It's V."

J-HOPE's hand is raised but he stops from slapping her.

"You have been brainwashed. One day you would realize who do you love. And it would be me."

That's the only thing he says before he leaves her bedroom.

Claire pulls the chain around her feet.  Men and their fondness for chains. V chained her. Now J-HOPE did the same thing. She isn't a beast. She's a woman. She should be given flowers. Not chain.

The chain is long enough so she could explore this small guest room.

V would be worried for her. She must escape from this place.

She tries to pull the chain again.

"Don't do that. You would end up hurting yourself."

That's what V said to her in the past.

This chain is more smaller than the chain V used on her. A padlock is keeping the chains together. It seems weak enough.

She walks to a wardrobe and gets a steel hanger. She breaks it and then she uses the steel wire to open the padlock. She fails again and again.

Well, she has nothing to do. Might just kept trying.

*****

Alice is sitting in front of her dressing table

Alice is sitting in front of her dressing table. She is wearing her best dress. A maid has just helped her change earlier. Kai is combing her long silky hair.

He praises, "So beautiful. My dear princess. I finally found you."

Alice is frozen when he caresses her cheek with his fingers.

"Smooth skin. My beautiful wife."

Alice pushes his hand away from her. She rises from her seat in front of her dressing table.

She orders, "Leave now. Or I would scream."

Kai chuckles.

"Oh, sweet princess. No one shall help you now. You better behave. Or your sick father shall suffer my wrath."