8. Weird night

Kai's throat feels burning.

"Water..."

Someone lifts her head and helps her to drink water. Her eyes are hazy. Hard to focus.

"You're going to be okay. You'll be better soon..."

It's Jin's voice. The one she always labelled as a wimp.

"Rest well."

Kai says something inaudible before she faints again. The normal Kai would hate to see herself so weak and dependent to others.

Jin waits until Aimee and Jimin have returned from the forest.

He says, "Her fever isn't going down. I'm going to look for stronger herbs in the woods."

"Be careful," warns Aimee.

"Sure."

It has been hours of explorations. Jin still couldn't find the herb he wants.

He looks around. The special herb usually grows in high places where the sunlight is abundant. He looks up, scanning nearby cliffs.

Found one.

It's quite steep climbing.

Jin inhales a deep breath before he starts climbing.

One wrong step and I'm straight to Hell.

He looks below him.

Wrong move. Now he feels dizzy. He holds as tight as he could to the jagged stone surfaces. Inhales. Exhales.

It has been three days. Kai's fever hasn't gotten any better. She needs that herb.

Come on. You could do this. Just don't look down.

His hand finally grabs the herb.

Suddenly the foothold beneath his feet crumble. Jin slides down in rapid speed. He holds the herb as tight as he could doing the ride to Hell.

At least it's faster going down.

His world goes dark.

V collapses near the camp site.

Carrying a girl is definitely different from taking Jin home. He is a lot heavier.

RM just got back from his hunt when he sees V and Jin.

He asks, "What happened?"

"Found Jin like this. Dunno..."

RM lifts Jin easily as if he is as light as a feather.

V complaints, "Next time I'm taking you when I need to carry someone."

"You okay?" asks RM.

"Let me catch my breath first."

Aimee quickly runs toward them when RM takes Jin back to the camp.

"What happened?" asks her with tears in her eyes.

"Dunno. V found him..."

Jin is holding something in his hand. Jimin tries to take it from him. It takes a lot of efforts. Some kind of herb.

He says, "I'm going to grind it immediately."

*****

The next day...

Jin is lying next to Kai. They both have injured leg.

He lifts his right leg and comments, "Guess I joined the Kai's Daredevil club."