29. Finding her mate

J-HOPE praises, "Claire, you look pretty

J-HOPE praises, "Claire, you look pretty."

"Thanks."

"Why you always act so cold to me?" asks him.

Claire stares him when she replies, "You are a good man. But I could never love you. In my heart, you are only my friend."

"Claire..."

The sun is shining brightly. The wind is blowing steadily. The flags on the poles are waving due the strong wind.

She has walked into the Arena. It is used for ceremonies or contests.

She is standing in the middle of it when she yells, "I'm joining this fight too! If I win, I could choose my own groom!"

RM groans. His sister would never follow the tradition. He stands up from his seat at the podium.

He asks, "Who do you want to marry? State your wish now."

"I have someone in my heart. He isn't a Werewolf."

The Alpha yells angrily, "Not him! You can't marry him!"

"I shall fight for my future life. No one shall decide my fate for me."

"Choose another man! You can't have him!" declares the Alpha.

Claire stares him with unblinking eyes.

She lifts her head when she states firmly, "Only him. You can't force me to marry another man."

The Alpha makes a mind link to her, "Stop this madness! You can't marry V!"

"Only him. No one else," replies her in the mind link.

She closes her eyes and also closes her heart. The Alpha isn't able to make mind link to her anymore.

J-HOPE grabs her arm so she opens her eyes.

Pain is shown in his eyes when he asks, "Who? Who took your heart away?"

She smiles when she remembers V.

She replies, "He is one of a kind. I don't even know when I fell for him. It just happened..."

"Claire, you shall be mine."

He forces a kiss to her. She looks away before he could kiss her lips. She stomps to his foot and then she jabs him when his head is lowered.

A perfect blow sent him falls backwards. Total knockout.

RM sighs when he shakes his head. J-HOPE got eliminated even before the Contest starts. He has hoped J-HOPE would win this contest.

He holds his head with a hand. He isn't alone in the podium above the Arena. Jennie is with him.

 Jennie is with him