33.Battle

A female Werewolf is rampaging the castle corridor. She kept hitting and slamming all the soldiers on her way out. Her time is running out. She must leave this place before her transformation stops.

Suddenly a nun appears in front of her. Claire is too late to avoid the crash. She closes her eyes and prepares for the impact.

The nun grabs her easily. She struggles when she felt trapped.

"You're okay now. I won't let anyone hurt you..."

"V? You are...that dress..."

The nun chuckles when he pulls down his dark hood.

He mocks, "Guards are forbidden to touch the nuns. This is the only way we smuggled weapons in here."

Claire pleads, "No. Don't look at me. I'm hideous."

She's big and furry right now. Like all female werewolves.

"Claire. You are always beautiful. No matter what form you took. You are always you. My wife."

She moans a little when her body begins to shiver heavily. Her size starts to shrink. V releases her. He takes off his robe as a nun. He is wearing male clothing underneath the robe.

Claire quickly wears the nun robe.

V asks, "Why you never transform into a wolf back in my palace?"

"I don't want to be running around naked afterwards."

"Why not? I wouldn't have mind at all."

"Pervert."

V smiles to her and she smiles back to him.

She asks, "Are you alone?"

"No. The others are trying to rescue Alice. Kai is forcing her to marry him."

"And I thought my brother was a tyrannical man."

V teases, "You are pretty whatever you wear."

Claire chuckles. She shakes her head. They are in dangerous situation. Yet, he takes time to praise her appearances.

She lifts her robe when she dashes first. V chased her easily. Speed is one of a Vampire's best trait.

He teases, "You know the way?"

"No. You go first. I'll follow you."

"I have a better idea," says him.

He holds her hand and they run together.

*****

The soldiers are using a large tree trunk to ram down the door to the chapel.

V says, "A dead end."

One of the soldiers has seen them. He pushes Claire behind him. He draws his blade. V is an excellent swordsman. He injured the humans. Not killing them.

V pulls a handkerchief from his pocket and wraps it to his nose.

"What's wrong?" asks her.

"Blood...I can't..."

He looks like in great pain. The smell of blood for a vampire is like addicted junky craving for drugs.

Claire holds his head and she orders, "Just look at me. Don't smell the blood."

He closes his eyes and sniffs her.

"That makes me feel better," comments him.

"Don't mock me. I'm smelly. I haven't taken a bath yet."